Proposal: Tanev for Galchenyuk

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
upload_2017-10-16_17-23-54.png

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Vancouver fans wants that one young piece with upside for Tanev, Tanev fits Montreal's from the net out model.

Value fits and pieces fit or not?

That's good and all, but defense isn't really the Habs' main concern right now...

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
It's not like they can win a game with offense why not play to the team's strength?
because you dont win games constantly defending. Cool stuff you're able to defend the guy you feed the to puck because you cant get it out. Hockey has changed. Habs mentality hasnt.

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
In reading these responses, Habs aren't getting a top six center for Galchenyuk, they would have made a deal by now if possible, he's on their 4th line, the value of exchange Galcheyuk who needs more time to develop in favor of a top pairing defenseman?

I hate both teams so it's not like I have a bias.

Last edited:

Cunuck

Jun 12, 2010
Vancouver
Benning acquiring Galchenyuk? Come on now... no meat and definitely no potatoes, not to mention he is almost a russian.
I'm far from a Benning fan (I think he's done a pretty bad job as GM so far) but the "meat and potatoes" narrative is pretty tiring. Benning hasn't been shy in acquiring skill players - see Boeser, McCann, Pettersson in the draft and players like Burmistrov, Goldobin, Dahlen and even Vanek, Gagner via Free Agency or trades.

That said, in a vacuum this is probably fair value wise but Montreal has no need for someone like Tanev.

Reactions: skyo

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
In reading these responses, Habs aren't getting a top six center for Galchenyuk, they would have made a deal by now if possible, he's on their 4th line, the value of exchange Galcheyuk who needs more time to develop in favor of a top pairing defenseman?

I hate both teams so it's not like I have a bias.

who said value was off?? it just doesnt fit our team. tanev is not a type of Dman we need right now. Galchenyuk is closer to what we need than what tanev is. Now tell me why we would make that deal, just for the sake of trading Galchenyuk, somehow the organisation doesnt seem High on Chucky for some reason, yes he will probably be traded for a lesser player, if they dont hold into him to keep him or to boost is value! but trading him for something we dont need because value is fair or better? doesnt make sense.

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
who said value was off?? it just doesnt fit our team. tanev is not a type of Dman we need right now. Galchenyuk is closer to what we need than what tanev is. Now tell me why we would make that deal, just for the sake of trading Galchenyuk, somehow the organisation doesnt seem High on Chucky for some reason, yes he will probably be traded for a lesser player, if they dont hold into him to keep him or to boost is value! but trading him for something we dont need because value is fair or better? doesnt make sense.

Ok then Van Galchenyuk Montreal Duchene Col Tanev, Montreal's 1st

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Ok then Van Galchenyuk Montreal Duchene Col Tanev, Montreal's 1st
Yet another team with good RHD, and, in addition, a team that definitely doesn't need older defensemen. Batting 1,000.

lol exacly... not because value wise the deal is good that it makes sense.

Montreal is playing terribly and even if they werent. Team pretty much never trade their first before they land a playoffs spot.
As we speak, theres not much player that could be available that i would gamble Montreals 1st. Its way too risky. especially the way they are playing.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Habs don't need Tanev...they have Petry, Weber on the right side. They need a high-end PMD that can create offense/break-outs on the left side, not anymore stay-at-home defensive D.

If Edler was younger, he'd be a better fit than Tanev is for their team. The only player the Habs probably have interest in is Horvat- which ends the discussion between both teams.

Both teams are just bad trade partners.

Reactions: HOPE

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Garbage deal for the Canucks. If Benning made this trade, this would be the single worst move he's made to date ainec.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Garbage deal for the Canucks. If Benning made this trade, this would be the single worst move he's made to date ainec.
What's garbage is MTL acquiring Tanev in exchange for Galchenyuk. First, the value is off, and MTL needs offense way more than defense.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad