zman77

Oct 1, 2015

Carolina Hurricanes Ric Flair GIF - Carolina Hurricanes Ric Flair Woo GIFs

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Is it me or are the Canes still winning at about a 70% effort? That's not to say they aren't executing end to end. They are obviously, but we're not watching their highest gear.
It's hard to tell, because I feel like the fish often encourage an "ugly" style of hockey (No shade, I think that game plan works for them). But, yeah, I have not really seen what I would consider a "complete" game from the Canes, yet.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Hopefully Rod can get L1 going. They have been terrible and had just a 12.8% xGF at 5v5 tonight. I don't think this game would be close if Jarvy was on L1.

I mean, you keep pushing this narrative, and it's just not holding up. Svech has 4 points playing on the top line. Aho has two goals and an assist. Guentzel has a goal and two assists.

Also, Jarvis is making that 3rd line work. He's got a goal and two assists, Marty has an super important goal, and Staal has like 15 hits in 3 games.

If anything, our weak link is Line 2. KK has been a force physically, and TT is producing on the PP, but that line at even strength is not what we need it to be.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I mean, you keep pushing this narrative, and it's just not holding up. Svech has 4 points playing on the top line. Aho has two goals and an assist. Guentzel has a goal and two assists.

Also, Jarvis is making that 3rd line work. He's got a goal and two assists, Marty has an super important goal, and Staal has like 15 hits in 3 games.

If anything, our weak link is Line 2. KK has been a force physically, and TT is producing on the PP, but that line at even strength is not what we need it to be.
Depending on who’s hot, the fourth and second line are interchangeable. An interesting thought, though I’m not sure it’s a good thing. A true second line would seemingly be a better thing to have.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

With the exception of when we were behind 3-0, though, this group does seem to be somewhat on cruise control. Isles are playing to the max of their ability but are still on the verge of getting swept. I'd be more concerned if we were having the same issues against the Rangers or Panthers.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

The line with Necas on it is MIA in the playoffs. No. Couldn’t be.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The line with Necas on it is MIA in the playoffs. No. Couldn’t be.

Well, that line did set up the first goal tonight, but yeah, it’s been a struggle for those three offensively. The problem seems to be that there’s a lot less space to work with, and that line has three guys that need extra space to thrive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad