GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:30 EST

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
thought it was interesting that they have Xavier ouellet out there when we needed to score a goal at the end

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Pretty good battle by the Wings.
But they really sucked in their own end again tonight.
Giveaways and poor coverage.
Was the same story Saturday - but fortunately Vegas looked like a bunch of AHLers in their own end too.

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
we generate zero sustained offensive pressure, almost all of our goals are from rushes or the PP which also sucks most of the time

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Mantha almost giving us a penalty at the end there. He just passes to Nielsen when he is skating towards the bench, and back turned towards Mantha.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Great idea by Helm but you gotta shoot that
Or you could just shoot the damn puck when there is 10 seconds left in the game and you're wide open in the slot... Why why WHY is Helm out there with a minute left and down a goal? The guys has more scoring chances than the regular guy but has no idea what the hell to do in the offensive zone.

Oct 18, 2006
Solid game. Forwards looked good, but the defence struggled at times.

Agree Jensen had a real rough game, but let's not go overboard. He's generally solid.

I'm a bit over Nyquist. He's so weak on his skates. Tatar is comfortably better.

Green is fantastic. If we're going to trade him he better net us at least a first.

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
**** **** ****!!! How can we not beat this team??? **** you Tampa!

because they've been one of the best teams in the league for a while now, and we've been anywhere between average and one of the worst during that span

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
There's no shame in losing to Tampa. They're the better team and they played like it. We played with them though, and I'm glad we hung in there.

We've lost 8 in a row to them, and 2 playoff series in a row to them. A win once in a while against them would be refreshing. They literally own us. Tampa sees Detroit on the schedule and gets excited, they beat us every time. It's getting old, no need to watch Tampa vs Detroit anymore, it's an automatic loss for the Wings.

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
I watched the game. Your defence looks sloppy with the puck. They slap it around.

Zetterberg and Mantha looked good.

Frk has a wicked shot and has improved his skating a bit. He just can't handle the puck.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Marchenko isn't even in the NHL anymore.
And he's still far better than Jensen.

After giving up 2.9 ga/60 last year, he's making brutal plays game after game after game this year.
He's got four goals against - tied for worst on the D at 5 on 5 .

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
We've lost 8 in a row to them, and 2 playoff series in a row to them. A win once in a while against them would be refreshing. They literally own us. Tampa sees Detroit on the schedule and gets excited, they beat us every time. It's getting old, no need to watch Tampa vs Detroit anymore, it's an automatic loss for the Wings.
It never used to be that way. We used to own their ass. Did Yzerman make an appearance before this game since it's Tampa's first time at the new arena?

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Guess Wednesday in Toronto will be a loss. So Friday's game against Washington is our best chance at a W??

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
So far, I’ve found most of our games entertaining. It seems like the D is getting the puck into the forwards hands a little faster than they were last season, at least on the rush. Our gap when we have possession in the offensive zone still leaves something to be desired but I can understand why that is for most of our defenseman - they’re either slow or stupid. I think Blash actually deserves some credit so far.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
This team might be able to put together two productive scoring lines, if they have a chance to build chemistry. The fourth liners have basically been a set group, but that's it. I think they played a good team tonight, but their passing was still bad.

If Blashill wants to juggle an offensive unit, juggle the power play groups. I'd like to see more regularity otherwise.

You can't just throw guys out there almost at random as an MO and call it coaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad