GDT: Switzerland - Germany

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Are you kdding me.. wow.. this Swiss team was awesome and Germany took them out! Great job Germany! Sorry Switzerland. WOW... the Forsberg to finish it.

Reactions: Kleefeld

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Noebels with the Jussi Jokinen shootout move for the win

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Beauty shootout goal to win it. Congrats Germany.

What a missed opportunity for the Swiss, they had as good a chance as anyone to win gold this year. I've gotta say I feel bad for them here though, that's no way to decide a play down game and it needs to be addressed finally.

Reactions: Kleefeld

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
Yeeees, couldn’t watch the game since I was driving 8hours, checked while having a break, down 0-2, felt gutted. :D can’t wait for the highlights

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Can't they schedule differently or simply just wait till the game is finished by actually playing the game?

They should have done away with this long ago, it's kid stuff.
I'm going to say 'no'. eg. either Canada/Russia are in the change room right now or Czechs/Finns. In either case, the broadcasts starts at 1:15 EST. Imagine tuning into TSN to watch Canada vs Russia and it's the 5th period of Germany and Swizterland? Then, when the game finally ends Canada/Russia still have to warmups and stuff. So maybe they don't hit the ice till 3pm which is 9pm in Moscow. Something like that. Sponsors and Broadcasters and all.

Ido think the Gold medal game should go forever.

I do think it should be a 5 on 5 OT once we get here (quarters).

My big gripe is why aren't the games split up an hour... so when one game is over I can watch the third period of the other game. EG> I'm dying to see Canada vs Russia but have to skip it.

ts11

Apr 29, 2005
Germany
Well they weren’t awesome in this game. Germany was better and wanted it more. Switzerland had the better chances, but still. The right team came through. Congrats Germany!

I think both teams would have erarned a win. The Swiss had more high danger chances and the German team had that great finish in the 3rd period.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I really think the Czechs should consider visiting the Germans and asking what they are doing... They'd benefit from listening IMO.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I'm going to say 'no'. eg. either Canada/Russia are in the change room right now or Czechs/Finns. In either case, the broadcasts starts at 1:15 EST. Imagine tuning into TSN to watch Canada vs Russia and it's the 5th period of Germany and Swizterland? Then, when the game finally ends Canada/Russia still have to warmups and stuff. So maybe they don't hit the ice till 3pm which is 9pm in Moscow. Something like that. Sponsors and Broadcasters and all.

Ido think the Gold medal game should go forever.

I do think it should be a 5 on 5 OT once we get here (quarters).

My big gripe is why aren't the games split up an hour... so when one game is over I can watch the third period of the other game. EG> I'm dying to see Canada vs Russia but have to skip it.
I can't agree, i am willing to wait for the Canada-Russia game as long as playdown must win games are decided properly. I simply will never understand European fans always making excuses for this travesty. They could organize this tournament so this wouldn't be an issue, they just don't care.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad