TV: Survivor: Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers Discussion

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
This season is not capturing my attention at all. I had a bad feeling about the season when during the September promo period Probst was hyping the theme more than the players.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
This season is not capturing my attention at all. I had a bad feeling about the season when during the September promo period Probst was hyping the theme more than the players.
I fully agree. Very,very boring so far. It’s early,but it better start getting exciting soon. I can see this being one of the worst survivor shows of all time.

PolishBingo

King Pierogie IV
Jan 9, 2006
Over the past 2 or 3 years I find myself fast forwarding through much of it. For me it's kinda jumped the shark.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
The set-up is pretty cheesy. I hate the hustlers term, and find all three tribe names to be kind of cheesy. And some of the jobs don't really fit. But it's Survivor and it's been this way for a while.

I got back into it several years ago, or about there, after watching the first 10-12 seasons. I'm hooked again, and really like it/look forward to it, but this season hasn't been anything special yet.

Alan I believe his name is isn't helping himself with his schemes and paranoia. Also sharing the location of the idol clue was a terrible idea, by the guy who did it.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I am having a hard time with this so far as well. Boring Boring Boring.

It can only get better I guess.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
The set-up is pretty cheesy. I hate the hustlers term, and find all three tribe names to be kind of cheesy. And some of the jobs don't really fit. But it's Survivor and it's been this way for a while.

I got back into it several years ago, or about there, after watching the first 10-12 seasons. I'm hooked again, and really like it/look forward to it, but this season hasn't been anything special yet.

Alan I believe his name is isn't helping himself with his schemes and paranoia. Also sharing the location of the idol clue was a terrible idea, by the guy who did it.
I'd like to see it go back to its roots. None of this gimmicky groups BS. Just individual players trying to win the game. I'd also like to see them go back to where the show didn't feed them and give them fire - at least so easily.

Oct 18, 2006
Agree with the thoughts in this thread. Very dull start, much better last episode I felt.

As for Patrick, I actually didn't mind him. Wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, read situations poorly, but he got caught up in the moment of the challenge and it hurt him badly. I agree with what he said, he was going on adrenaline, but by not giving someone else a crack and losing, he was clearly in huge trouble. I wanted Lauren gone though, pretty annoying character. That "you guys are awful" comment by Patrick was truly hilarious I loved it!! I can see why he was surprised, the comments at tribal council seemed to give him a real chance. Maybe his arrogance in regards to thinking he was safe and Lauren was going cost him.

Devon clearly calling the shots in that tribe. Looked like Ryan was prepared to vote out Lauren but Devon talked him around. I'm calling it early, think Ryan will win.

Ali is smoking
That body, man.

Reactions: The Drop and Gains

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think though - as with all seasons it could really turn sideways after the merge. Some seasons are slow/boring as dirt but it just picks up speed.

I DO however think this show needs to stop listening to Probst. A lot of these "themes" are his idea and he does push them through s well as some unfortunate other decisions (Redemption Island ones). I don't mind some of the split ups - but I do like them more between Gender Lines and Age Lines. Sometimes what you do in real life can cause some tension (Rich "Corporate, sitting in a tree delgating" vs Sue "We talk while we work Rich, move yer ass"),it also gets tiring they they tend to cast the same stereotypes. i don't think you NEED to. the drama is 16-20 strangers starving (why don't they starve them anymore) on an island and they have to vote each other out. there's your drama. you don't need to add hotheads or pyschos.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I don't go to the message boards, but I saw something at the EW website that said the Healers never should have won immunity. They said Probsts' instructions was that they couldn't build the tower until all the blocks were on the mat, but that last block didn't make it over until they realized they forgot it. Wouldn't they have had to start over at that point?

Reactions: Gains

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i dont remember if he said it during the rules, but if he tells them 'you cant start building yet', they would have guessed in a second, what the problem was.
i think it was better that way, to confuse them... i guess probst should have kicked it...

"jeff. ive never trusted a red head in my life"
fun blind side, that chick was saying everything both wanted to hear, but looking at the votes it was clear they had a decision. smart... (not good with names, the pretty girl)

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
i dont remember if he said it during the rules, but if he tells them 'you cant start building yet', they would have guessed in a second, what the problem was.
i think it was better that way, to confuse them... i guess probst should have kicked it...

Jeff wouldn't have said it then. But when they noticed the block, he should have said, "You have to start over now".

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I don't go to the message boards, but I saw something at the EW website that said the Healers never should have won immunity. They said Probsts' instructions was that they couldn't build the tower until all the blocks were on the mat, but that last block didn't make it over until they realized they forgot it. Wouldn't they have had to start over at that point?
Was the 'mat' not where the block was? They had to run back to the 'mat' once it was built and wait 3 seconds to win.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I thought they had to take the blocks from the mat to the place where they built the towers and they couldn't start until all the blocks got from the mat to the stand.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

So at 4:28 Jeff says "start getting ALL your blocks over before you stack".

So since they didn't do that, once they found out they didn't get them all over, they would have had to re-start, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad