TV: Survivor 46

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
And this is what goes beyond annoyance and into infuriating for me. There are thousands of people out there who try to get on the show and would be great in it. Then you give screeen time to someone like him?

Apparently Bhanu had 35 confessionals in the 4 episodes. Insane and sort of insulting to the rest of the players.
I get how it happened, since he was the focal point of conflict within the tribe going to tribal two in a row with one called off, plus he got the going on a journey confessionals. Plus 2 2 hour episodes and 2 90 minute episodes. Nothing will ever compare to the Russell Hantz show in Samoa to the extent they essentially purpled a winner.

I'm glad he's gone, and hopefully the season picks up from here. Siga seems to be pretty boring. But, Nami has interesting dynamics that will make their first tribal pretty interesting.

What an awful season so far. Who picked these players? Bhanu has to be a plant. Like just awful.
I don't think he's a plant, but I do think he is someone playing for screentime, which we've seen before, he's just a very annoying version of it like Phillip or Debbie, combined with being a worse player.

Bhanu wasn't playing for sole survivor, he was playing for Sia money.

Last edited:

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
Insert crazy plane lady meme: Im telling you that MF is not real.

Wtf was that? bro, I lost it when he begged Tiff on his knees. Plus we got another shot at that million hearts take FFS.

You can't tell me Jeff is happy about how this played out, right?

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Insert crazy plane lady meme: Im telling you that MF is not real.

Wtf was that? bro, I lost it when he begged Tiff on his knees. Plus we got another shot at that million hearts take FFS.

You can't tell me Jeff is happy about how this played out, right?
To be honest, at the time Jeff is probably just way too obsessed with Hunter. Hunter is pretty much the type of strong challenge/alpha male that Jeff obsesses over ever since he saw Colby Donaldson.

Reactions: Viggo Mortensen

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yet Hunter has almost no screen time, other than his confessional where he showed his Jeffrey Dahmer like collection room
Him and Liz are getting the quietest edit on Nami. But, he's pretty much in a power position, no one outside maybe Venus is gunning for him. It seems Tevin, Venus, Soda, Charlie and Maria are getting the biggest edits of non-Yanu.

I really hope we see a swap next week, to two groups of 7. Most of the best seasons with 3 tribes have this exact swap (Cagayan and Koeh Rong, plus Philippines had Matsing absorbed). Yet, they still haven't done this swap in the new era. In 45 they swapped at 15 but stayed into 3 groups of 5.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Wife sent me this this morning:

1711036024002.png

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm a returning fan to the show (stopped watching in 2005, picked it back up around November and watched every season since) and the new era is an absolute train wreck. I can't take this anymore. The dynamic is so predictable that is suffocating. You get a bad tribe like a Ua, Lulu or Yanu and what you're stuck with is 3 or 4 panned votes while the other 2 tribes never vote for anyone.

The 3 tribe format with 6 people or less going to Tribal Council needs to just f***ing die already. Since season 25 in the Philippines we have had the "3 small tribes" in every season (at some point) but IOTI, Blood vs Water 1 and 2 and Fans vs Favorites 2. I can't take this shit anymore. With the exception of Cagayan you KNOW who is going home pre merge every episode. And the fact you couldn't figure out WTF was going on in Cagayan ever is why it's arguably the GOAT season.

The only way this season can be saved is to put the 3 tribes together into 2 at 14 people just like they did in Koah Rong, Cagayan and Phillipines right now. NOW. This isn't the case of prior seasons with 3 small tribes that were consolidated from say 20 people but you had no idea who was going to win. That was good. This is not. This is a tribe getting destroyed week after week and 25 minutes per episode of Banhu crying hysterically.

Oh yeah. And now it feels like every season is you got 2 people who can't vote in a group of 6 people. And by the time 6 are left you can maybe vote for 2 of them.

It's getting old. Season 44 is the lone exception. It was a gem (probably a top 10 season ever to be honest) because that cast busted its ass to play the game as hard as they could or in the way it was meant to be played.

/rant

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Oh yeah and stop splitting the merge over and over every season. We get it Jeff. You have an INSATIABLE hard on for having tribal councils consisting of 6 people or less. 12 people? Better split that shit post haste and make sure we have 2 tribals of 6 people voting and 2 people going home. 10 people? Absolutely NOT!!!! Split that shit to where half of them are immune and its 5 people on the block. Make sure we get that "6 or less" in 9 episodes per f***ing season Jeff

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
I'm not sure what to say about that episode, but it was certainly memorable.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't strangely entertained by Bhanu. I had to burst out laughing when I watched a 40 year old man get angry at God for making him the fourth boot on Survivor and then get down on his knees and start begging Tiffany to save him. It's pure insanity. Despite this, I'm so glad he's gone. He was already starting to become draining and I don't think I could handle it for much longer. Props to Kenzie/Q/Tiff for handling this as well as they could. I feel like he genuinely would have been a nightmare to live with.

Hoping we start losing some Siga players soon. They're such a boring tribe and I don't want them taking up all the slots in the endgame. The other two tribes are actually interesting.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Looking forward to your glowing assessment of Bhanu's most recent antics.
You got it... :laugh:

Bhanu is responsible for me questioning just how empathetic I really am. He triggers literally every negative receptor in my brain. Bhanu surrenders his dignity just about every minute he's on-screen, and there is not a single thing I like or admire about him. For context, I once said that Charles Manson wasn't all bad because at least he liked the Beatles.

Bhanu's story did not move me one bit. If it's even true, he's a shitty person to convey that message to others. He resonates with immense weakness, whereas someone who carries that message should resonate with strength to effectively carry it forward.

Your WTF moment of episode 4, a woman tells an alleged man to get up off his knees.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't strangely entertained by Bhanu. I had to burst out laughing when I watched a 40 year old man get angry at God for making him the fourth boot on Survivor and then get down on his knees and start begging Tiffany to save him. It's pure insanity. Despite this, I'm so glad he's gone. He was already starting to become draining and I don't think I could handle it for much longer. Props to Kenzie/Q/Tiff for handling this as well as they could. I feel like he genuinely would have been a nightmare to live with.

Hoping we start losing some Siga players soon. They're such a boring tribe and I don't want them taking up all the slots in the endgame. The other two tribes are actually interesting.
I wasn't entertained at all. Banhu is one of the most genuinely beautiful people you will find anywhere. But his toxic relationship with his tribe reminds me of personal experience I have had with immediate family members as pertains to drugs and violence.

Over the course of 4 episodes it goes down like Banhu is the son fresh out of a stint in jail where he was charged for meth possession and beating the living shit out of a prostitute while high. Sorry to use such a terrible example but that is about how bat shit insane, out of control and out of touch his game is in my eyes

But he's done this 4 other times that you know of. But was charged once. His sister, mother and father (Q, Tiff and Kenzie) know for a fact he's going to do the same thing again if they give him money. But yet they can't decide if they should still give him $5000 to get back on his feet and be merciful anyway. He exhibits every sign he's going to relapse. They still give him the money. He does it again but this time kills the prostitute. He curses God for this happening to him and begs his family to pay for a better lawyer.

Meanwhile Jelenski was the dog that they returned to the pound after it bit them. And Jess was the 88 year old grandmother they had to forcefully make commit to a care home because she keeps falling and is in utter denial of how unsafe it is for her to live on her own

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

I wasn't entertained at all. Banhu is one of the most genuinely beautiful people you will find anywhere. But his toxic relationship with his tribe reminds me of personal experience I have had with immediate family members as pertains to drugs and violence.

Over the course of 4 episodes it goes down like Banhu is the son fresh out of a stint in jail where he was charged for meth possession and beating the living shit out of a prostitute while high. He's done this 4 other times that you know of. But was charged once. His sister, mother and father (Q, Tiff and Kenzie) know for a fact he's going to do the same thing again if they give him money. But yet they can't decide if they should still give him $5000 to get back on his feet and be merciful anyway because they don’t have an ounce of malice in their body and truly, genuinely love him and the whole family. He exhibits every sign he's going to relapse. They still give him the money. He does it again but this time kills the prostitute. He curses God for this happening to him and begs his family to pay for a better lawyer.

Meanwhile Jelenski was the dog that they returned to the pound after it bit them. And Jess was the 88 year old grandmother they had to forcefully make commit to a care home because she keeps falling and is in utter denial of how unsafe it is for her to live on her own

Survivor needs to do a better job casting. The downfall of Yanu was as imminent as Lulu. And like Lulu it was imminent from the first moments of the game.

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Bhanu is fine in small does. Q having to coach him? Pretty funny. Bhanu melting down at 2 tribals in row? Pretty funny. Bhanu melting down at the journey? Pretty funny.

The real issue with Bhanu is, he is not an interesting enough character to be the main storyline for back to back 90 minute episodes that consist of 3 challenges. In small does, he'd be fine, and just be a weird guy who was terrible at the game and got booted pre-merge who provides comic relief. Instead, he became the primary storyline and overbearing because they couldn't even attempt a deflection with this tribal it was so obvious. While I prefer the 90 minute episodes because we get more tribe dynamics, one of the issues it creates is it can lead to episodes that slog a bit when things are so obvious.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
4 episodes in, and again I can really only say I sort of like Kenzie. And part of that reason is probably because the way she reacted to bhanu is probably how I would if I was stuck on a tribe with him.

Yanu's biggest f*** up was taking out jelinsky before jess/bhanu. Jess and bhanu were just so useless, at least jelinsky had size that might have been useful that second immunity challenge.

I also think soda/tevin would drive me nuts. I would be over their cheery camp songs the moment it happened. How hilarious was it seeing Liz's reaction when tevin told her to give them a bass lmao

Reactions: Satans Hockey

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
4 episodes in, and again I can really only say I sort of like Kenzie. And part of that reason is probably because the way she reacted to bhanu is probably how I would if I was stuck on a tribe with him.

Yanu's biggest f*** up was taking out jelinsky before jess/bhanu. Jess and bhanu were just so useless, at least jelinsky had size that might have been useful that second immunity challenge.

I also think soda/tevin would drive me nuts. I would be over their cheery camp songs the moment it happened. How hilarious was it seeing Liz's reaction when tevin told her to give them a bass lmao
I can't stand Kenzie. I think she's a bully.

Holden and I haven't even picked winners yet. 4 90 min episodes in. Everyone sucks at this game

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I'm a returning fan to the show (stopped watching in 2005, picked it back up around November and watched every season since) and the new era is an absolute train wreck. I can't take this anymore. The dynamic is so predictable that is suffocating. You get a bad tribe like a Ua, Lulu or Yanu and what you're stuck with is 3 or 4 panned votes while the other 2 tribes never vote for anyone.

The 3 tribe format with 6 people or less going to Tribal Council needs to just f***ing die already. Since season 25 in the Philippines we have had the "3 small tribes" in every season (at some point) but IOTI, Blood vs Water 1 and 2 and Fans vs Favorites 2. I can't take this shit anymore. With the exception of Cagayan you KNOW who is going home pre merge every episode. And the fact you couldn't figure out WTF was going on in Cagayan ever is why it's arguably the GOAT season.

The only way this season can be saved is to put the 3 tribes together into 2 at 14 people just like they did in Koah Rong, Cagayan and Phillipines right now. NOW. This isn't the case of prior seasons with 3 small tribes that were consolidated from say 20 people but you had no idea who was going to win. That was good. This is not. This is a tribe getting destroyed week after week and 25 minutes per episode of Banhu crying hysterically.

Oh yeah. And now it feels like every season is you got 2 people who can't vote in a group of 6 people. And by the time 6 are left you can maybe vote for 2 of them.

It's getting old. Season 44 is the lone exception. It was a gem (probably a top 10 season ever to be honest) because that cast busted its ass to play the game as hard as they could or in the way it was meant to be played.

/rant
I don't like the 90 minute shows even when you watch it commercial free it's just too long, you need an intermission like a hockey game is 2 hrs an 40 minutes, but has two 15 intermissions.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Bhanu is responsible for me questioning just how empathetic I really am. He triggers literally every negative receptor in my brain. Bhanu surrenders his dignity just about every minute he's on-screen, and there is not a single thing I like or admire about him. For context, I once said that Charles Manson wasn't all bad because at least he liked the Beatles.
Well I'm just gonna ask what everyone else is wondering, what if Bhanu likes the Beatles?
Hard disagree, Jelinsky took a shit on the spirit of the game, in a shockingly quick fashion. The only thing worse than an inept social player hamming up for the camera, is a clueless social player who also might quit on a challenge at any second. It's all so hilarious how they both just completely gave the other tribes the upper hand on their journey meetings 😅

I will say it did seem Bhanu was just there for screen time, and this isn't the Bachelor or Big Brother and it's embarrassing as a fan; but Jelisnky just didn't understand the assignment out the gate

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
zombie kopitar - seriously, that was very clever. I never even considered that, and I consider myself to be pretty good at debating. I always think ahead to what responses will be to anything I say, and if I ask someone a question, I already know the answer. I have no way out of this one. There's no escape. :laugh:

I bet you're a freaking genius with a Rubik's Cube.

Last edited:

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
zombie kopitar - seriously, that was very clever. I never even considered that, and I consider myself to be pretty good at debating. I always think ahead to what responses will be to anything I say, and if I ask someone a question, I already know the answer. I have no way out of this one. There's no escape. :laugh:

I bet you're a freaking genius with a Rubik's Cube.
lmao, I just found it funny because I've said before I am immediately suspicious of someone if they say they don't like the Beatles

and alas, no Rubik's Cube genius over here

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad