TV: Survivor 46

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
About the villain talk; one thing that isn't being stated here is that there have been players out there that crossed from just being a Survivor villian to legit almost taking down the show; the 3 coming to mind being Colton, Jeff Varner and Dan Spilo. It seems the editing took a serious turn after the Jeff Varner/Zeke thing

I love a great villain that is also good at Survivor, but I think it's just easier said than done; and honestly I do think the editing being more transparent is probably better overall. For instance Coach in Tocantins was not really a villain; he was just a dude running an alliance who lacked good social awareness which became the editors dream child

But yes would still love to see a good villain. And, this cast sucks. So far the only truly great cast of the new era seems to be last season imo

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
About the villain talk; one thing that isn't being stated here is that there have been players out there that crossed from just being a Survivor villian to legit almost taking down the show; the 3 coming to mind being Colton, Jeff Varner and Dan Spilo. It seems the editing took a serious turn after the Jeff Varner/Zeke thing

I love a great villain that is also good at Survivor, but I think it's just easier said than done; and honestly I do think the editing being more transparent is probably better overall. For instance Coach in Tocantins was not really a villain; he was just a dude running an alliance who lacked good social awareness which became the editors dream child

But yes would still love to see a good villain. And, this cast sucks. So far the only truly great cast of the new era seems to be last season imo
It's a shame that we won't see too many more villains unless they're returning players from the past. I'm not one of these "the new generation is soft" kind of guys, but it seems like any semblance of villainy is immediately shunned as bullying.

Villains make Survivor more interesting, they add a whole different element to the game. I just finished AU Survivor 2023 (Heroes vs. Villains) and it's literally top 5-7 Survivor seasons I've seen, and half of the game hinges on the players identities as villains. Shout out to George 'King of Bankstown' Mladenov. One of the best Survivor Strategists and villains ever. I would love to see him on an American season, but I think he'd outclass just about anyone in the modern era.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
It's a shame that we won't see too many more villains unless they're returning players from the past. I'm not one of these "the new generation is soft" kind of guys, but it seems like any semblance of villainy is immediately shunned as bullying.

Villains make Survivor more interesting, they add a whole different element to the game. I just finished AU Survivor 2023 (Heroes vs. Villains) and it's literally top 5-7 Survivor seasons I've seen, and half of the game hinges on the players identities as villains. Shout out to George 'King of Bankstown' Mladenov. One of the best Survivor Strategists and villains ever. I would love to see him on an American season, but I think he'd outclass just about anyone in the modern era.
Seems like a lot of people seem to think villain = pos. But like nah, you can be a great TV villain and not be a pos to people. People like Tyson, Kass, courtney yates etc show that isnt needed. Give me someone that is constantly talkin shit in confessionals about their tribe. Give me someone hating on their tribe being so cheery/happy all the time. Give me someone that will talk about how annoying their tribe mates make them. Give me someone trying to stir the pot and get people arguing.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Seems like a lot of people seem to think villain = pos. But like nah, you can be a great TV villain and not be a pos to people. People like Tyson, Kass, courtney yates etc show that isnt needed. Give me someone that is constantly talkin shit in confessionals about their tribe. Give me someone hating on their tribe being so cheery/happy all the time. Give me someone that will talk about how annoying their tribe mates make them. Give me someone trying to stir the pot and get people arguing.
To be fair, there are quite a lot of villains who seem like they are just pieces of crap, but I agree with you 100% that people seem to be totally unable to separate the two. I like villains a lot, it just makes for great entertainment... And more to the point, it's realistic! Not everyone in the world is all kumbaya, there are a lot of people out there who like to be a Heel in life in general.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago

where are you watching AU Survivor? It was on Paramount for a while, but then they yanked it one day along with NZ Survivor. I tried doing the VPN thing, but it is a pain in the butt and barely works when trying to do it on a big TV. I gave up on it after one episode.

Is there any other way to stream those foreign survivors in the USA?

I love villains. Loved Russel his first 2 seasons. Especially all stars when no one had seen his season yet and had no idea who he was or what he was about.

Boston Rob is my all time favorite.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
where are you watching AU Survivor? It was on Paramount for a while, but then they yanked it one day along with NZ Survivor. I tried doing the VPN thing, but it is a pain in the butt and barely works when trying to do it on a big TV. I gave up on it after one episode.

Is there any other way to stream those foreign survivors in the USA?
We watched it via Youtube. The video quality was decent enough.

For some reason the finale gets removed from YouTube, so the uploader of these videos provides a link where you can go to watch it on a separate website.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
We watched it via Youtube. The video quality was decent enough.

For some reason the finale gets removed from YouTube, so the uploader of these videos provides a link where you can go to watch it on a separate website.

I'll check that out. I assume David is on it? He won an earlier all start season. He's my all time favorite Survivor player.

Have you guys noticed the difference in attitudes between the American players and the Australian players? It's crazy how much better sports they are in Australia. You blindside someone there and they all laugh about it and applaud, even the victim. Here you blindside someone and they get angry or start crying and are mad for many years to come.

Noticed this on other shows as well. They just have a much better attitude and sportsmanship over there for some reason.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I'll check that out. I assume David is on it? He won an earlier all start season. He's my all time favorite Survivor player.

Have you guys noticed the difference in attitudes between the American players and the Australian players? It's crazy how much better sports they are in Australia. You blindside someone there and they all laugh about it and applaud, even the victim. Here you blindside someone and they get angry or start crying and are mad for many years to come.

Noticed this on other shows as well. They just have a much better attitude and sportsmanship over there for some reason.
David Zaharakis played in Heroes vs. Villains, but he didn't play on another season, as far as I know.

I agree about the attitude difference, I commented on it multiple times. Even deep into seasons whenever someone is very close to the end and get blindsided they smile and say "good job" and really appreciate the game play.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Kass is alright, but Tyson and Courtney gave the best commentary in the history of the show. I've always said, those 2 plus Tony, Keith Nale (RIP), Coach, and Sandra, I could watch be cast every season. Ironically, 5 out of 6 would be villains.

There is a difference between a gameplay villain (people I mentioned), and outright one's like (Russell).

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
God Bhanu is one of the most pitiful players in recent history. Saved by an unfortunate event.

He doesn’t even want to win the game, he cries that he doesn’t know what to do, then when Kenzie opens up a crack to help him get his foot in the door, he basically just says he doesn’t wanna put a name out and cries more.

His behavior at the journey was beyond pathetic too. Usually I think it’s great when men can open up and show their feelings, but this was just insufferable and sad. (And not in a sad way that I feel bad and take pity, just plain sad).

Q thinking he’s making a smart move talking about using him, when in reality it would be idiotic because i think he’d flip the second someone else offered him more protection. Sacrificing his own game for a useless player.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
God Bhanu is one of the most pitiful players in recent history. Saved by an unfortunate event.

He doesn’t even want to win the game, he cries that he doesn’t know what to do, then when Kenzie opens up a crack to help him get his foot in the door, he basically just says he doesn’t wanna put a name out and cries more.

His behavior at the journey was beyond pathetic too. Usually I think it’s great when men can open up and show their feelings, but this was just insufferable and sad. (And not in a sad way that I feel bad and take pity, just plain sad).

Q thinking he’s making a smart move talking about using him, when in reality it would be idiotic because i think he’d flip the second someone else offered him more protection. Sacrificing his own game for a useless player.
To be honest. Bhanu with Yanu is the best best tribes in ages. I thought Jelinsky is one of the worst players I've seen in ages. He was a physically strong male, in an era of 6 people tribes, where the meta is keep tribes strong. Then had so many mess-up's he was viewed as a justifiable boot in the first episode.

I disliked this episode, since, any medical boot post tribal challenge always sucks. It's a slowdown to the season. I will say, if Bhanu, Ben and Liz meet at merge it might be the funniest alliance we've seen in ages.

We are now questioning if Jelinsky (outside his height the most obvious first boot in years) deserved to go.

• Haha

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
That sucked, but glad it saved Bhanu. I'm not ready to give up on watching him have a mental breakdown every episode. I find it entertaining. I knew that guy wasn't seriously hurt once he described his symptoms. Unfortunately I'm an expert at disc injuries given my profession as well as the fact that I've had 8 disc surgeries myself. I knew he didn't have a disc injury.

For one, when you have a disc injury significant enough to cause radicular pain down an arm or leg you don't start out with numbness and then later on start to feel neck pain. It's the opposite. You feel the neck pain first (because of the trauma which causes the disc injury) and then either right away or over a couple days you start to develop the radicular nerve issues.

Shame he had to be evicted for that rather than just giving him a little more time.

Losing faith in our girl Venus. She's an absolutely horrific social player. When her alliance mate was asking her about her theory because he didn't see it, rather than explaining it to him she first decided to belittle him by claiming it was obvious. She's a moron.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
To be honest. Bhanu with Yanu is the best best tribes in ages. I thought Jelinsky is one of the worst players I've seen in ages. He was a physically strong male, in an era of 6 people tribes, where the meta is keep tribes strong. Then had so many mess-up's he was viewed as a justifiable boot in the first episode.

I disliked this episode, since, any medical boot post tribal challenge always sucks. It's a slowdown to the season. I will say, if Bhanu, Ben and Liz meet at merge it might be the funniest alliance we've seen in ages.

We are now questioning if Jelinsky (outside his height the most obvious first boot in years) deserved to go.
Yeah that's actually a really good point. Jelinsky doesn't look too bad in comparison at this point lol.

Agreed about the medical boot though, it's a bummer. I really wonder what they would have done with a tribe of 3 right after splitting to 3 tribes.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
That sucked, but glad it saved Bhanu. I'm not ready to give up on watching him have a mental breakdown every episode. I find it entertaining. I knew that guy wasn't seriously hurt once he described his symptoms. Unfortunately I'm an expert at disc injuries given my profession as well as the fact that I've had 8 disc surgeries myself. I knew he didn't have a disc injury.

For one, when you have a disc injury significant enough to cause radicular pain down an arm or leg you don't start out with numbness and then later on start to feel neck pain. It's the opposite. You feel the neck pain first (because of the trauma which causes the disc injury) and then either right away or over a couple days you start to develop the radicular nerve issues.

Shame he had to be evicted for that rather than just giving him a little more time.

Losing faith in our girl Venus. She's an absolutely horrific social player. When her alliance mate was asking her about her theory because he didn't see it, rather than explaining it to him she first decided to belittle him by claiming it was obvious. She's a moron.
It is pretty entertaining I suppose to watch the meltdowns lol.

Glad to hear your expert opinion, I was skeptical myself, but I don't know anything about this. I was pretty surprised that there isn't some type of on-the-spot test they could do that could help determine whether it was a nerve or a disc issue. I'd really like to see them go the way of Australian Survivor or Big Brother where they allow the contestant a 24 hour period to receive emergency testing to determine the severity of any injuries. It seems like a shame (and a waste of CBS's money) for them to go through the process of getting a player on the show and to the island just to send them home potentially unnecessarily.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
I'm finding Bhanu entertaining, but I really hope he goes soon. I think he's the type of character that's fun as a flameout pre merge boot, but will really start to become aggravating if he keeps doing the same thing for another 10 episodes.

Bummed to see Randen go since I actually liked him. I was rooting for him and Venus as enemies-turned-allies underdogs.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm finding Bhanu entertaining, but I really hope he goes soon. I think he's the type of character that's fun as a flameout pre merge boot, but will really start to become aggravating if he keeps doing the same thing for another 10 episodes.

Bummed to see Randen go since I actually liked him. I was rooting for him and Venus as enemies-turned-allies underdogs.
This sounds like Phillip Sheppard or Debbie. They tend to last too long and then become grating. Coach is the rare exception to this, where I can watch his delusions/craziness all season. Granted, I found Carolyn grating at the start of 44 and was cheering for her at the end. But, as emotionally erratic as Carolyn was, she actually never blew up anyone's game by being so reckless with information like Bhanu has been at tribal and at the journey.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Bhanu Does Bootcamp

That's the new CBS reality series I want to see.

Screenshot (3074).png

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
This cast is insane, not in a good way but also not in a bad way. Its just a cluster f***, so entertaining.

But boy oh boy, the edit of Soda trying to steal the immunity idol off Venus' hands, not once but twice was something else. Venus is playing a bad game, isolating herself sometimes and then killing the mood because of her toe after a big win, but that's just straight up villain vibes from Soda.

Bhanu is cringe every time he speaks, Liz singing/cheering so loud during the challenge was annoying as f***. There's just something off about almost every player.

I'm gonna reply to myself here from last week's comment, but I've turned on this neutral-type take and have decided this cast is ass. It is no longer entertaining to see how bad these players are. Having what felt like 45mins of Bhanu crying was too much, plus I'm starting to think this guy's fake. His premade line of ''not here to win a million dollars, here to win a million hearts'' repeated twice felt lame as f***.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
How tf do you live on a beach with Bhanu and choose to keep him over Jess...

I think I would have lost my mind by now. So sick of his performative art. I think part of him is definitely haming it up x10 for the cameras. Dude is just so pathetically dramatic. He even PLANNED a vote out speech to stay to Jeff. and instead of just not saying it, he f***in says it to Jeff at camp! Dude just cannot help himself trying to be the main character.

"I don't want to win a million dollars, I just want to win a million hearts." :rolleyes:

Wonder how many more times we will hear that this season.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
I'm gonna reply to myself here from last week's comment, but I've turned on this neutral-type take and have decided this cast is ass. It is no longer entertaining to see how bad these players are. Having what felt like 45mins of Bhanu crying was too much, plus I'm starting to think this guy's fake. His premade line of ''not here to win a million dollars, here to win a million hearts'' repeated twice felt lame as f***.
you could tell that line really resonated with the producers when they were casting Bhanu and Bhanu picked up on that and is trying to make it his tag line.

I do think it's pretty funny that he was screaming to God asking for a miracle and then that's exactly what he got in the end. He spoke it right into existence.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I never even considered that Bhanu might be a plant or he's faking. I'm just going to stick with my belief that he's a p***y.
Bhanu quite literally is an actor though. Despite him being listed as an "IT Analyst", he's been in the entertainment industry for a while. He's definitely hamming up the dramatics, at the very least.

Bhanu IMDb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad