Transfer: Summer transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Problem was that Emery came in with a tactical plan and then realized (after a few months) that his team was WAY too built on possession. That's what players liked to play under Blanc and anyone who came with a different style after Blanc was sure to fail.
So Emery adapted and accepted that his team play a totally different style than what he is used to.

Still, if refs are fair they knock Barca out last season and then who knows?
He was partly responsible for the return leg loss, but the story of those two years is that the team coached itself. In the good and bad moments, he was just a passenger.
All his experiments failed or blew to his face at some point (Verratti at #10, Lo Celso at #6, Matuidi at LW, Meunier at RW, switching goalies every other game and choosing Trapp before the Barca games).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think he's going to sign Krychowiak or N'Zonzi again if it is even slightly up to him. The latter would cost enough to be the big summer signing. Never mind that I think he's pretty good but I don't think many would be too happy about that.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
One thing that I’m surprised no one is mentioning is Bale saying he needs to play week in and week out. Hopefully this means Mou moves for him and we finally get our RW.

He’d add a ton to the team, but I still don’t think it’s a great but considering his injury history. Can you really count on him staying healthy? Especially in a more physical premier league with worse weather?

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I like the idea of getting a player who we don't have to worry about getting injured during international games. He's also younger and faster, if not yet better.
Isn’t Bailey a Jamaican international? Those concacaf games are terrifying sometimes! They get out of hand quickly.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He’d add a ton to the team, but I still don’t think it’s a great but considering his injury history. Can you really count on him staying healthy? Especially in a more physical premier league with worse weather?
Maybe not but when he’s healthy he’s dominant especially being one of the main offensive threats. I had a coach in high school that was like the smartest soccer mind I’ve ever met in person and sat down and had a conversation with. Like if this guy wanted a head coaching job for a big club he would get it. Anyway one of his main philosophies was to play through the wide players a lot rather than trying to play through a congested middle all the time. I think that would help United a lot and Bale would help that. Wings of Sanchez and Bale give outlets and that helps immensely if we don’t upgrade our D enough.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bailey refuses to play for Jamaica

It's mostly his agent.

His agent wants all kinds of assurances and demands, which include letting his son play for the Jamaican National Team, to let Bailey play for Jamaica.

It seems all very unreasonable, and I think Bailey is getting bad advice.

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017
He's not as good, so I wouldn't like it. I'm definitely no scout, but if Strakosha was doing this in a league other than Italy, he would be worth 40 million. Easily. SMS got the plaudits for Lazio having a great season, but there were countless times that Strakosha saved points. I'm not only judging from YouTube, but I'll post a video anyway.

This guy is one of the best keepers in Europe, Alisson is only barely better, and I haven't seen anyone linked to a transfer with this guy. No idea why. So many of these were great chances too, so it seems like a miracle that Lazio had such a good season.

Strakosha is NOT one of the best keepers in Europe. He's a shot-stopper, that's it. His handling is poor. Even in that highlight reel, not one save was caught, parries everything for the cameras. Alisson is a whole class above Strakosha. I do agree tho that Bernd Leno is overrated, but neither him nor Strakosha are upgrades on Karius. Alisson would be an upgrade, although a very expensive one.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Although I agree with you, I'm not confident that it's a majority opinion.

Many may not vocalize it like that or even admit it to themselves. But I think if we examined how much hate a hideous over-powered superclub gets compared to a giant that plays attractive football, we'd find that it's a feeling that is pretty widespread.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's mostly his agent.

His agent wants all kinds of assurances and demands, which include letting his son play for the Jamaican National Team, to let Bailey play for Jamaica.

It seems all very unreasonable, and I think Bailey is getting bad advice.

Sounds more like an agent making himself a convenient PR-scapegoat for his client not wanting to risk his career on meaningless matches :dunno:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sounds more like an agent making himself a convenient PR-scapegoat for his client not wanting to risk his career on meaningless matches :dunno:

Thats possible, but how many players actually turn down playing for their National Team? I get Jamaica isn't good, but I don't think most players decide to play or not play for their National Team based on whether the team is good.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Thats possible, but how many players actually turn down playing for their National Team? I get Jamaica isn't good, but I don't think most players decide to play or not play for their National Team based on whether the team is good.

It's not that uncommon for players who are still breaking through...and haven't yet made enough for their family's to "be set for life"...especially with guys who would play for a weak NT that wouldn't increase their exposure. The risk of injury can be a serious concern until they've secured themselves financially.

I dunno much about Bailey and if there's more to it than that...conflicts with the Jamaican FA, not feeling that strong of a connection with Jamaica, etc...so I don't wanna speculate, but it's not entirely unheard of even without any other drama *shrug*

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Sergio Rico rumoured to Arsenal. Another guy being linked who played under Unai.

Don't know much about him, but he sounds enticing. Only 24 as well

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Ante Coric of Dinamo Zagreb goes to Roma for 7 million EUR.

Why, I don't know. He was the next big thing a few years ago, but his career is going even worse than Halilovic. Both of these kids apparently talent was enough at some point, and looked entitled and petulant. (unlike Modric, Kovacic or even Pjaca)

I expect him to sit on the bench, go on loan and eventually be a journeyman for the lower placed clubs like Udinese, Chievo etc.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Looks like Klopp wants to renew the midfield completely with Keita, Fekir and a #6. Jorginho not likely but two other targets instead of him apparently

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Goal can confirm :laugh:

I'm sure Liverpool will spend, but let us not pretend like they have endless amount of money.

I don't mind their starting line-up. Robertson and Arnold are looking very solid. Lovren has been born again. Ox showed quite a lot of promise in midfield. Keita will be there. Fekir will give them alternatives further up the field (even if I have no idea how they will use him with the front 3).

I do not believe in making too many changes from one season to the other (ref when they sold Suarez - and Spurs sold Bale). Fekir and Keita is enough. Then they need depth. That bench against RM is quite ridiculous. Got to be close to the worst ever in a CL final (I believe it is the worst ever).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I still think someone more like Mane/Salah would be a better buy than Fekir. Though if they'll buy him in addition to that player I'm fine with it.

The midfield is fine mostly. Wijnaldum and Keita in front of Henderson is pretty boss, especially when you have Ox as a sub option among others.

The defence is really strong. Probably the best in the PL now. I still have faith in Karius though I don't know if the fans or organization will allow him to make up for what happened on the biggest club stage in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad