Transfer: Summer transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
The Fabinho to Liverpool rumour is spreading like wildfire across Twitter. Bouhafsi just reported it as a done deal.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
I can't remember ever seeing a transfer to from initial rumour to confirmed by half a dozen tier one journos in less time.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I know you wanted him, can you tell me what to expect from him? Hendo replacement?

Way better than Henderson. Will be the best #6 in the league besides Kante and this is not overrating him at all. Great dribbler considering his position, great passer, very powerful, great tackler. We'd never have been able to sign him without our long CL run either.

Only weakness is that he can foul way too much. So can Keita for that matter, so our midfield will be ridiculously aggressive. This is a signing that could give us a title and frankly I can't believe that Real Madrid, PSG, or Manchester City aren't the ones to sign him. Big boy signing here.

Henderson was also better as a box to box player so maybe he can get back to playing there.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Fabinho + 3 more

1. Fekir
2. Keeper
3. ? (Maybe Pulisic)

I don't want Pulisic but it does seem inevitable they will try to sign him and corner the American market. Wouldn't be surprised if they gave it a try.

Fabinho though, I begged for that one. What a player. Laughing so hard about this one. And for that price lol. Ridiculous. Were just signing players like Rickie Lambert a few years ago!

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't want Pulisic but it does seem inevitable they will try to sign him and corner the American market. Wouldn't be surprised if they gave it a try.

Fabinho though, I begged for that one. What a player. Laughing so hard about this one. And for that price lol. Ridiculous. Were just signing players like Rickie Lambert a few years ago!
I'm ambivalent on Pulisic. That could be a spot for Dembele too - that would really be special. I think that third guy needs to be a back up forward.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Fabinho is exactly what the doctor ordered.

I thought for sure he waw United bound.

This is amazing if true.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Fabinho is exactly what the doctor ordered.

I thought for sure he waw United bound.

This is amazing if true.

Redcafe is having a nice little meltdown.

All of the words on the last page about Liverpool's midfield not being boss or that Klopp wouldn't make huge changes were also very shortlived.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think Liverpool will spend around £150m net this summer. Which they should because in the last two years they spent -8m. Keita and Fabinho is £87m. It could be more though because they got £70m from this CL run and are already qualified to next year's group stage. Plus there's tons of new revenue from the new main stand and the owners loaned the club the money to pay for that, at basically no interest. They also signed a bunch of new kit deals including maker and sponsor.

Lallana and Ings should be departures equaling around 20-25m. I know there's no news about Lallana leaving but I think he should as he's a really good player who deserves to play every week. Mignolet and Sturridge are definitely leaving too. Don't know what they're doing with Clyne either, but Klopp pointed out that Fabinho can play fullback if they really need him to, so I think Clyne is leaving. That's a lot of big wages gone.

If they had Keita and Fabinho on Saturday, one can only wonder. That team is going to be fantastic though if they sign the other targets. Only relative weaknesses would be Lovren and Alexander-Arnold (who gets better all the time). Another thing I like is that the squad is young enough that they can really go for it now and not have to worry about signing players in upcoming seasons. Maybe a CB to replace Lovren, a backup midfielder and that's it if everything goes well.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Considering how I had to hear about the many players Liverpool were going to get in the past window (such as Lemar) and how they were going to dominate the second half of the season...they are still a trophy-less club. Actually, they had to grab the last CL spot during the last day of the season proves everything you need to know about the club. Sure there is a lot of hype surrounding them now, but they are far away from building something great. I thought that VvD would have provided better defencive accolades, but they're still a team very easy to open up and that might come with Klopp's tactics (still think he's a GOAT manager though).

This aged well already.

Signing number one finished. Couple more will be done in the weeks to come.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
55M is the price. Which was the asking price from the beginning.

That's funny, the reliable English journos are reporting it as £39.3M + £4.4M in potential bonuses, so a total of €50M. Who is saying 55?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad