Transfer: Summer transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Just a wee added bonus for anyone who thinks Gerrard will swan his way to untold success: Martin Skrtel's deal to Rangers off as club 'cannot fund it'

Martin Skrtel's reunion with former team-mate Steven Gerrard at Rangers appears to be off, according to his agent.

Slovakian Karol Csonto confirmed Skrtel was in contact with Gerrard, who wanted to sign the Fenerbahce defender.

Gerrard was announced as the new Rangers boss earlier this month, following the departure of Graeme Murty, and set about who he wanted to target, but it seems this deal would be "impossible"

"Martin would be very happy to play under Steven Gerrard but sometimes, regarding transfers, you need to put so many things together and in this situation it's impossible", Csonto told the Daily Record.

"When there is only a small difference then you can find a solution, but in this case, the salary of the player in Turkey is four or five times more than what Rangers could offer. That makes it impossible.

oops

Reactions: Deficient Mode

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
giphy.gif

Seemed a rather tame draconian-law compared to even the more successful Roman emperors, like Diocletian or Augustus himself :dunno:

...shit gets crazy when you’ve got an emperor...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Forsberg’s a winger...and signing him would highlight all of my concerns with how terrible a fit Emery is for the talent Arsenal has atm
My bad. I thought he played more central (at least it looked that way often enough).

Reactions: robertmac43

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
My bad. I thought he played more central (at least it looked that way often enough).

I think Sweden uses him centrally sometimes, but he's been an out n out winger for Leipzig...which is, I'd wager, why Emery wants him. He's not so good with those confusing attacking midfielders that teams who have a plan in possession like.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/2077153/psv-er-brenet-tekent-bij-hoffenheim

Brenet to Hoffenheim. Interesting transfer. Solid attack minded wingback. I don't think he has star potential, but has been really good for PSV and doesn't have much left to do in the Eredivisie. Good dribbler, crosser and pretty athletic. Not sure how he'll do in a possession based system in a bigger league, but if Nagelsmann is staying he can probably coach it into him.

Funny that the Hoffenheim official is giving everyone the finger though.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Second half of the year Arnautovic was almost unplayable. Almost entirely the reason West Ham stayed up. It wasn't four games and the whole team was MIA under Bilic.

He's tempermental and can pout, but if he's managed well, he contributes. Played at CF, which isn't how he's played in his career and looked great. Still a terrible fit for United, but you can't slag his talent.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
United has had contact with three RB options: Cancelo, Sidibe, Vrsaljko. Daily mail

Matteo Materazzi (Marco’s brother) said that SMS to United is done. If that holds any weight for tou

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Mou would have Pogba and SMS playing a double pivot DM and waste them both.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Ronaldo getting the headlines after the final after all?:laugh:

Maybe I’m a bit unfair.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Dans les pas de Thomas Tuchel

This says Tuchel doesn't like PSG's fullbacks. I don't know who he likes, but Clyne is probably available for a price that isn't extreme and he's good.

Kurzawa is good, but inconsistent. I like Yuri, but he's more so-so than good. On the right, Dani is getting older and worse by the day, Meunier isn't great offensively while being terrible defensively. It's not one of the strongest group, for sure. Getting Wendell won't do much to improve it, though. I wish they would go for that Real Sociedad RB, Odrizola? don't recall his name correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille