Transfer: Summer transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I really think he's going to stay now and he should be loaned out to a team in Belgium or Denmark that wants to go play football. Hopefully not the ****ing Championship.

Reason I think he's going to stay is because they went back to posting about him on the official website. Something they would never do for an injured 18 year old.

Mayhaps this is just part of their schmoozing campaign to convince him to sign a professional contract with them? Make him feel like he's a big part of their plans and all that to get the paperwork completed?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Mayhaps this is just part of their schmoozing campaign to convince him to sign a professional contract with them? Make him feel like he's a big part of their plans and all that to get the paperwork completed?

I don't know what I would do if I was him. I can see that it might be very difficult for him to stay in England.

I think the entire situation has a lot to do with this:

Liverpool’s Rhian Brewster: ‘When I’m racially abused, I just want to be left alone’

Imagine going through this as an 18 year old who just wants to play football, I don't begrudge whatever he decides whatsoever. Personally if I was him I would consider going to play on another continent or not playing anymore at all. Happened five times this season apparently and according to him countless other times, including when he was 12. UEFA has done pretty much nothing about it.

Reactions: Stray Wasp and cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't know what I would do if I was him. I can see that it might be very difficult for him to stay in England.

I think the entire situation has a lot to do with this:

Liverpool’s Rhian Brewster: ‘When I’m racially abused, I just want to be left alone’

Imagine going through this as an 18 year old who just wants to play football, I don't begrudge whatever he decides whatsoever. Personally if I was him I would consider going to play on another continent or not playing anymore at all. Happened five times this season apparently and according to him countless other times, including when he was 12. UEFA has done pretty much nothing about it.

The approval via non-action on that shit really touches a nerve for me. I remember being the token white kid on my hockey team growing up, and I don't understand how my team-mates didn't lose their shit over the garbage they had to put up with damn near half the f***ing time we went out to the suburbs for an away game. The pain that wave after wave of shitheads like that can cause, is simply heartbreaking. I definitely took a few elbowing & boarding majors more than I would've if I had grown up in the suburbs, playing on one of those teams.

Seeing Klopp's reaction to it has been awesome, I wish more coaches & clubs were that vehement & vocal in their support of their players when they decide to stand up to bullshit like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stray Wasp

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I don't see what the racism has to do with him wanting playing time, which is what I thought was the issue.

West Ham has their own version of Brewster in Reece Oxford and it'll be interesting to see what Pellegrini does with him or if he even wants to stay at this point. Declan Rice broke through last season, but that might be a negative if anything for Oxford.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don't see what the racism has to do with him wanting playing time, which is what I thought was the issue.

West Ham has their own version of Brewster in Reece Oxford and it'll be interesting to see what Pellegrini does with him or if he even wants to stay at this point. Declan Rice broke through last season, but that might be a negative if anything for Oxford.

I think it has something to do with him not having decided what he actually wants to do. Apparently BMG backed off Brewster entirely. He also now has a recurring knee issue.

If I was him and obviously I'm not, I would consider going to play in the US just so that he can grow used to not being treated like that. I know we have our own problems here, a lot of stupid ones and one in particular, but I can't imagine him being treated like that on the field or by the crowd here.

I also definitely wouldn't stay in England because look at what the FA has done. A big pile of absolutely nothing to help him out.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think it has something to do with him not having decided what he actually wants to do. Apparently BMG backed off Brewster entirely. He also now has a recurring knee issue.

If I was him and obviously I'm not, I would consider going to play in the US just so that he can grow used to not being treated like that. I know we have our own problems here, a lot of stupid ones and one in particular, but I can't imagine him being treated like that on the field or by the crowd here.

I also definitely wouldn't stay in England because look at what the FA has done. A big pile of absolutely nothing to help him out.

Kicker contradicted Bild on that, as did the local paper (IIRC). Apparently, Eberl is still very much interested in Brewster. He just moved to secure Bennetts & Onyekuru first, before getting back to the Brewster & Cucurella transfers that don't seem to be coming together quite as swiftly...as both players are still making up their minds about leaving their current clubs for PT.

For what it's worth, Monchengladbach is a very chill town that a lot of athletes who don't enjoy the ritz-n-glitz/attention really come to love. I know it's totally different than why it could appeal to Brewster; but there's a reason Raffael loves it there enough to have denied big money moves to Dortmund for three consecutive summers, and why the eloquent philosophizer (Kramer), started to pine for a return within a month of leaving for Leverkusen. So it could be good for him to continue developing in a much more relaxed & at-ease environment.

PS that second paragraph totally isn't just self-interested wishful thinking...believe me...

Last edited:

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Supposedly Fred will wait until after the world cup to pick between Man City / Man Utd or another club. Fred & his agent better hope they don't have a bad world cup.

Reactions: robertmac43

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why would Brewster not leave? Sancho was basically a starter at a pretty big club by the end of his first season. He played twice as much this season at Dortmund as Foden played at Man City.

The teams in England have shown that the big money signings will take the minutes. At Gladbach, I think there's a good chance Brewster would be able to play a regular role.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Why would Brewster not leave? Sancho was basically a starter at a pretty big club by the end of his first season. He played twice as much this season at Dortmund as Foden played at Man City.

The teams in England have shown that the big money signings will take the minutes. At Gladbach, I think there's a good chance Brewster would be able to play a regular role.

Why would Alexander-Arnold not leave then? By this logic he should have gone last summer. Fact is he's better than every other English prospect and proved his value. Klopp also gave Kevin Stewart and Jordon Ibe plenty of chances to show their value. Joe Gomez is yet another. Brewster was already training with the first team, so clearly Klopp liked him, and the appearances are just around the corner.

Anyone can get the minutes if they're good enough. CL Finalist this year proves that 100%, there's some guy who was just playing at Hull and another who was just at the Liverpool academy in the team now. If Brewster leaves, it definitely isn't only about playing time. It's about a fresh start, one away from these kinds of problems, and no good supporter would begrudge him for leaving. Nobody, and I do mean nobody, should be angry about it.

The simple fact is, bringing up playing time as it relates to Liverpool, is pretty false when there's a 19 year old Liverpool academy player about to start in the CL Final, who proved they were the best right back in the team. If Brewster decides to stay there and isn't loaned he will play at least 12-15 games next season.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why would Alexander-Arnold not leave then? By this logic he should have gone last summer. Fact is he's better than every other English prospect and proved his value. Klopp also gave Kevin Stewart and Jordon Ibe plenty of chances to show their value. Joe Gomez is yet another. Brewster was already training with the first team, so clearly Klopp liked him, and the appearances are just around the corner.

Anyone can get the minutes if they're good enough. CL Finalist this year proves that 100%, there's some guy who was just playing at Hull and another who was just at the Liverpool academy in the team now. If Brewster leaves, it definitely isn't only about playing time. It's about a fresh start, one away from these kinds of problems, and no good supporter would begrudge him for leaving. Nobody, and I do mean nobody, should be angry about it.

The simple fact is, bringing up playing time as it relates to Liverpool, is pretty false when there's a 19 year old Liverpool academy player about to start in the CL Final, who proved they were the best right back in the team. If Brewster decides to stay there and isn't loaned he will play at least 12-15 games next season.

I think there's a difference between attacking players and defensive players. More money is put into buying attacking players and Liverpool is also weaker in the back, so they need to use all the defensive talent they have. A younger attacker might not be brought through as quickly due to the impressive offense that Liverpool has. They don't need Brewster to contribute. Liverpool needed TAA's contribution and Gomez's contribution.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Finally getting to actually read that whole piece and not just skim it, and if the german NT wins the WC again, we need to boycott the Euros until UEFA actually starts to do something about this shit. Having the two time defending World Champions walk out on the eve of their big tourney would get them off their asses.

You might even be able to convince the DFB that the good PR and extra jersey sales will make up for a lot of the money lost...at least if they can get the sponsors on board with walking out on the tourney.

Mar 1, 2002
...if the US is going official with the move from Republic to Empire, I really hope that one of the earlier tyrants starts forcing bigots' children to marry & procreate with whichever ethnicity their contempt is most triggered by.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Loopy0ne

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
There will be matches up front. The front 3 won't stay healthy all season. They will actually try a bit more on the Cup fronts. Ings, Sturridge, and Origi will all go.

Sure, it's harder to break in with the three they have, but I think he can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->