Transfer: Summer transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
A goal or assist every 90 minutes in his first half season there is doing nothing? Then this season he had 10 goals and 7 assists in his first 20 games (some of those he only played like 15-30 minutes). Including MotM performances and then in the middle of the season when Lyon was 'slumping' (relative) many players had 'character issues' coming out about fighting and ignoring eachother. They sorted it out and Memphis finished the season stronger than anyone on the team. But sure, if you say so.

...oh my.
And you do it again. You haven't even watched a single L1 game all season long.

Depay is hated by his teammates.
What's your reaction to that? Why do you continue to ignore it?
Who's blindly repeating the same thing without tackling the issues?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
And you do it again. You haven't even watched a single L1 game all season long.
You really love to make statements that aren't true, over and over again. Ignorance is bliss.

Depay is hated by his teammates.
What's your reaction to that? Why do you continue to ignore it?
Who's blindly repeating the same thing without tackling the issues?
This is because what...a media source said so? What credible source knows this? Did the players come out and say they hate him? On top of this I don't see how it has anything to do with what I was addressing so how am I not tackling an 'issue'? This was never part of my discussion. You're moving the goalposts because every time you make a statement about the league you're supposed to be an expert on I have provided statistical evidence that show you probably haven't been paying as much attention as you claim to. I don't watch a ton of L1, but I do watch a lot of extended highlights and the odd game here and there. Your description of Memphis has always been pretty funny considering how important he's been to that team, especially on the back end of the season.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Never part of the discussions?
EVERY SINGLE POST made by me or others have talked about his character.
Who's moving the goal post now? You denying the issues (reported in papers, in players' mouths, on the field when they were refused a pass, etc...) and CLEARLY having ZERO idea of Lyon's season or me saying he has character issues????

Man, use the half brain you have. EVERYONE but you has talked about his character. Saying it has nothing to do with anything is laughable. That's borderline Pejorative Slured.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And BTW, let me know which Lyon game you watched. Like the whole 90 minutes. Please list them. I never saw you comment on them here BTW. A couple of days later when you saw Depay had a goal or assist, yes.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Significant funds

De ligt
Pulisec
Bale
:D

Out
Toby
Sissoko
Janssen

Someone got to play CM.

Woukd love de Ligt and Pulisic. Bale I can’t see being worth the money.

Personally I think Martial will be our only pure attacker added. Seems pretty certain that Spurs and Utd are talking. If so I think they will agree in the end.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Someone got to play CM.

Personally I think Martial will be our only pure attacker added. Seems pretty certain that Spurs and Utd are talking. If so I think they will agree in the end.

Yeah I can definitely see a Toby/Martial swap happening.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Never part of the discussions?
EVERY SINGLE POST made by me or others have talked about his character.
Who's moving the goal post now? You denying the issues (reported in papers, in players' mouths, on the field when they were refused a pass, etc...) and CLEARLY having ZERO idea of Lyon's season or me saying he has character issues????

Man, use the half brain you have. EVERYONE but you has talked about his character. Saying it has nothing to do with anything is laughable. That's borderline ******ed.
When did I deny the issues? I asked you for a credible source that knows his teammates hate him. It's a pretty simple request given you've been spouting it so matter-of-factly. I said it was never part of my discussion, and I also never denied any character issues (or please show me where I did). You clearly are incapable of reading, or at least comprehending what you are reading (as has been evidenced by many a 'debate' on here where you just completely make things up over and over). The reason I said 'oh my' before is because you are trying to say someone ignores arguments and doesn't accept discussion when you literally have the biggest superiority complex on this board and think you're right about everything, and when things don't immediately go your way you start 'capping', insulting and throwing tantrums.

If you have a source for what you are stating, provide it. Memphis has had off-field issues and a temperament throughout his career, but as with anything in the media they are sensationalized so if that's your basis for saying that he's a 'half season wonder' (proven untrue, and not even in the timeframe that you claimed) and that he's hated by his teammates well...here's a few quotes from the coach and Aulas:
"We have to accept the defects of the players, because we all have them, and we must also see their qualities," said Genesio. His stance was justified by Depay's superb stoppage-time winner in a top-of-the-table clash against Paris Saint-Germain the following month. He repeated the trick against Marseille at the weekend.
"With his technique, he brings things that have rarely been seen in Lyon," said club president Jean-Michel Aulas. "With his personality, we can only love him, even if sometimes he frustrates us. He is a boy who needs love."

Memphis had a tough childhood, and has continued to have a rocky life but he seems to be maturing slowly. The talent was never the question (which is what I've been talking about mostly), and if he was as much a cancer to the team as you say he wouldn't be relied upon as he has been, and the manager would have gotten rid of him by now. They sorted it out, as some can, and he's stormed back huge for Lyon. Fekir at the very least seems to like him quite a bit; they're always talking on the field and putting arms around eachother. If you look at the difference between this situation and say Liverpool, where Klopp dumped Sakho for character issues recently...

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah I can definitely see a Toby/Martial swap happening.

Yeah. Makes too much sense for both parties in the end. Utd desperately need a proven PL CD. And clearly Pochettino is high on Martial. Not that I fully trust Pochettino when it comes to player evaluation, but giving him what he wants can only be a good thing - generally speaking.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sources are everywhere, as I said. Media, players saying "people need to play together" directly after Depay's actions, Depay passing over golden opportunities in order not to pass to a teammate (with his teammates yelling and throwing their arms in the air), etc...
Things you have no idea about because YOU talk about things you have no idea of. As usual.

"On top of this I don't see how it has anything to do with what I was addressing so how am I not tackling an 'issue'? This was never part of my discussion."
Again, ever part of the discussion. How can it NOT be part of the discussion. EVERYONE here has told you about those issues, you ignored it in every post.

And, yes a half season wonder, which is generous really since it's more a 2 month wonder.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
But it escaped me, Depay is better than Neymar, Silva, Fabinho, Lemar, Fekir, Mbappe, Cavani, Verratti, Rabiot, Marquinhos, Thauvin, etc...
Since he is too good for L1 and not them.

You know. Another one of your blooper moments.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Someone got to play CM.

Very true, I think son could go inside, but not likely...i just mainly wanted to drum up a different conversation than this other mess here ...lol

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Thing with Martial is, would he really want to go to Spurs? United probably offered him more money than they will do and I don't necessarily think he would play more (yet).

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Valencia have excercised their 25 million purchase option on Kondogbia. The player has signed a 4 year deal with an 80 million buyout clause. Excellent value there for Valencia.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Valencia have excercised their 25 million purchase option on Kondogbia. The player has signed a 4 year deal with an 80 million buyout clause. Excellent value there for Valencia.
Any news on if Inter is keeping Cancelo? If I remember correctly he was on loan too right?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Thing with Martial is, would he really want to go to Spurs? United probably offered him more money than they will do and I don't necessarily think he would play more (yet).

Apparently he wants to stay in England. He is not going to City. He is hardly a Klopp type of player. I guess he could go to Chelsea as a part of a William deal. Arsenal is hard to say with the new coach. I guess they could need a wide player, but they already got problems fitting all their best attacking players into the team. Potentially a very similar situation for Martial there as at Spurs. And he would be less likely to play as a striker - I don´t know, but he seems to enjoy playing more centrally (me speculating - don´t really read interviews etc with him).

It might be a case of limited alternatives. Also - if Pochettino is "desperate" to get him that counts for something in terms of wanting to come.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Martial is going to Chelsea I believe. It's the only good team in England he'll definitely start at.

He should never have left France so quickly.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Any news on if Inter is keeping Cancelo? If I remember correctly he was on loan too right?

Yes, he is on loan. No idea about a transfer though. I would guess Inter would try and negotiate down the agreed fee from the loan as they apparently want to with Rafinha. That would then potentially open the door for other suitors.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Liverpool will step up their pursuit of Nabil Fekir after the Champions League final as they look to secure the £70m-rated Lyon captain before the World Cup.

Liverpool’s finances will also be swelled by around £70m for reaching Saturday’sChampions League final against Real Madrid.

Klopp has already signed Naby Keita from Red Bull Leipzig for this summer, with the Guinea midfielder costing £52.75m, but is keen to strengthen his midfield options in order to challenge Manchester City for next season’s Premier League title.

The 24-year-old Fekir has enjoyed another excellent season in France and earned a call-up to Didier Deschamps’ World Cup squad. The France international is aware of Liverpool’s interest and, when asked about a possible transfer to Anfield by RTL replied: “Why not?”

It's 100% on then. Aulas about to get a fat ass check. From targeting the likes of Balotelli, Origi, Markovic, and Benteke to this. Unbelievable.

Pretty sure Klopp would come up with a formation that had Salah, Firmino, Fekir, Mane, and Keita all playing against garbage teams. Won't be many clean sheets against that lot. Please sign Fabian Ruiz for midfield now. At the risk of leaving a major quotable for late next season, I am convinced #19 is coming in the next two seasons.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Plenty of minutes for Brewster...

I really think he's going to stay now and he should be loaned out to a team in Belgium or Denmark that wants to go play football. Hopefully not the f***ing Championship.

Reason I think he's going to stay is because they went back to posting about him on the official website. Something they would never do for an injured 18 year old.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Apparently he wants to stay in England. He is not going to City. He is hardly a Klopp type of player. I guess he could go to Chelsea as a part of a William deal. Arsenal is hard to say with the new coach. I guess they could need a wide player, but they already got problems fitting all their best attacking players into the team. Potentially a very similar situation for Martial there as at Spurs. And he would be less likely to play as a striker - I don´t know, but he seems to enjoy playing more centrally (me speculating - don´t really read interviews etc with him).

It might be a case of limited alternatives. Also - if Pochettino is "desperate" to get him that counts for something in terms of wanting to come.
The irony of Martial leaving Utd because the wont play him at striker to going to Spurs to backup Kane. Would he a terrible move for everyone, except Mourinho

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Brewster learning from Stindl and Raffael would become a beast. Liverpool should let him go with a re-buy clause like Madrid does all the time.

That's the part that I don't get. Even without a firm re-buy clause built in, Eberl doesn't hold players prisoner and he doesn't gauge teams when selling. So even before the boon this year's CL run will be to Liverpool's finances, they could've afforded to pay BMG to develop this mega-talent for them. Guess we'll just have to wait & see how this plays out, as Eberl doesn't seem to believe this subject is resolved yet :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad