Player Discussion Stuart Skinner

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Pickard hasnt let more then 3GA since the all star break, whats your point?
Screenshot 2024-02-25 173604.png

I mean you stat picking is amazing....

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Pickard hasnt let more then 3GA since the all star break, whats your point?
He had a shutout against the mighty Blackhawks without Bedard. His save percentage otherwise has been below .890 in the other 4 games mixed in. What was his save % against Minny? What's your point?

Reactions: CROTT

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If any goalie (or player) doesn't want to start every game, I don't want him on my team. Whether he plays or not is not his decision or his fault. That is up to the organization/coach. You can fault him for his play at times, but faulting him for wanting to play is rubbish and reaching. No idea where you are getting the information that he doesn't support other goalies. Or is that just something made up to fit your narrative. Your criticisms were logical and valid before, now it seems your pulling info from who knows where. Do you have links or anything that says he never supports other goalies? Gawd, and before he was throwing his hair back like he was "trying to be like Mike Smith".
Rubbish.

When a goalie is pulled 4X in 12 games in the playoffs and is playing like absolute shit I would expect him to have enough decency to mention maybe the other guy could get a start. The other guy that was playing much better and probably saved us the LA series.

But Skinner is entitled to all the starts in his mind. What kind of tool on his own decides to get his own Heritage Classic pads made just assuming he's getting that game, and pretending to be Grant Fuhr (lol) when he's not pretending to be Mike Smith (lol)

Of course Skinner demanding all the starts prevented Campbell who was rebounding, from getting his game back which he was doing late of last season, playoffs, and then again this preseason.

GAWD!!!

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Rubbish.

When a goalie is pulled 4X in 12 games in the playoffs and is playing like absolute shit I would expect him to have enough decency to mention maybe the other guy could get a start. The other guy that was playing much better and probably saved us the LA series.

But Skinner is entitled to all the starts in his mind. What kind of tool on his own decides to get his own Heritage Classic pads made just assuming he's getting that game, and pretending to be Grant Fuhr (lol) when he's not pretending to be Mike Smith (lol)

Of course Skinner demanding all the starts prevented Campbell who was rebounding, from getting his game back which he was doing late of last season, playoffs, and then again this preseason.

GAWD!!!
With insight like that you could be on any payroll in the league.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Rubbish.

GAWD!!!
OMG, that is some delusional thinking. You actually believe that Skinner controls when he plays and also controls the playing time of other goalies. And pretending to be other people. Wow, what did this individual do to you? I'm not going to continue with you on this tonight because it's getting unreasonable and really silly.

Last edited:

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Funny thing is, not a whole lot of blame right now going to the architect of this mess. Skinner will be the first to tell you he needs to play better. A lot better. Meanwhile, the guy who is supposed to be here carrying the load is down in Bakersfield struggling with his mental problems. Problems that were there before we traded for him. And Holland continues to fiddle while watching his team burn.
I like some of Hollands work but his handling of the goaltending was been brutal. His solution to shore up our goaltending was calling up an AHL goalie.
I'll just leave this here:

Team(All Goalies):
GP Min GA xGA GSAx GAA xGAA
13 776.35 50.18 39.61 -10.57 3.88 3.06 Just The Jay Woodcroft Era(3-9-1)
18 1073.82 67.5 56.31 -11.2 3.77 3.14 Start to Nov 23rd(5-12-1)
27 1621.88 50.52 72.53 +22.01 1.87 2.68 Nov 23rd to All-Star Break(24-3)
10 596.31 36.91 29.9 -7.01 3.71 3.01 All-Star Break to Feb 24th(4-5-1)

(Just)Skinner:
9 509.57 30.41 22.84 -7.57 3.58 2.69 Just The Jay Woodcroft Era
13 705.12 43.06 35.06 -8.00 3.66 2.98 Start to Nov 23rd
21 1262.08 37.47 57.41 +19.94 1.78 2.72 Nov 23rd to All-Star Break
7 417.58 28.16 22.83 -5.33 4.05 3.28 All-Star Break to Feb 24th

Imagine that.

When you're goalies let's in about 1 less goal per game than they should, statistically, you go on a 24-3 run & when they let in about 1 more goal per game than they should, statistically, the team sucks.

Who'da thunk it?

Also our xGA for the last 10 games is almost as bad as the first 13 games under Woodcroft(3.06 to 3.01), who we absolutely needed to fire, so we should probably be thinking about firing this coaching staff too.

You'd almost be forced to consider it might be the players but that makes way too much sense.

Sorry it's harder to read than it showed when I typed it & I don't know how to fix it but the numbers are correct.
giphy.gif

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Backup goalie gets hot when team (who will never fully commit longterm) actually plays defense in front of him. Now back to normal costing us games. It really is too bad our GM is an idiot who didnt deal from a 16 game window of strength.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
OMG, that is some delusional thinking, that Skinner controls when he plays and also control the playing time of other goalies. And pretending to be other people. Wow, what did this individual do to you? I'm not going to converse with you on this tonight because it's getting unreasonable and really silly.
It was established in comments by Woody and Schwartz, that the decision to start Skinner in the playoffs was based on Woody asking Schwartz and Skinner who should start. This was established and talked about.

its not conjecture, at all

• Haha
Reactions: Stoneman89

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He had a shutout against the mighty Blackhawks without Bedard. His save percentage otherwise has been below .890 in the other 4 games mixed in. What was his save % against Minny? What's your point?
Not to mention that Pickard has only started 11 games.
Skinner has started almost 4 times that amount (41 games) but apparently that doesnt matter to some posters.
It should matter because a goalies numbers typically go down with more games played. Pickard has been progressively playing worse with each game showing why he is a NHL/AHL tweener.
I think that Skinners max is between 45-50 games (45 games would be ideal) in a season. He is approaching that now. Thats why I think the team needs a strong tandem goalie. Pickard isnt that goalie.
As a matter of fact Pickard isnt the answer to any question thats worth answering.

The real reason why this team has a goaltending issue is the GM. He created the scenario whereby Skinner is forced to become a starter (and play 50+ games) when he clearly isnt ready for that role yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $685.00