Streit placed on waivers (Update: contract terminated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Honest to god, why is it the majority of the fans on this board know more than Bergevin, when it comes to trades and signings? Streit, Ott, Martinsen, King, Semin.. all were moves frowned upon. The team would be better getting advice from here, than Bergevin and the pro scouts recommending this signings

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Let's be happy everyone....Even more Cap Space.

Streit was a bad signing from the start.
Everybody who saw the PO last year knew that.
Purple Pants signed him anyway and it took 2 games to get him out of here.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Yeah, sure man, why did he even tried to sign Markov and Radulov if he thought that Streit and Hemsky could replace them for less than 2M?

I understand you but then, why sign them in the first place ? I would prefer young players (McCarron would be alright on the 4th line right now) than over the hill players like Hemsky and Streit.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Streit signing was minor but taken together with other questionable evaluations by the Habs' pro scouting staff, you have to wonder how much of a liability they'll be on more important moves.

Regardless, it was almost universally accepted that the player was finished. What did Bergevin see that others didn't?

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I understand you but then, why sign them in the first place ? I would prefer young players (McCarron would be alright on the 4th line right now) than over the hill players like Hemsky and Streit.
Those guys didn't block anyone.

Did Streit blocked Mete? Did Hemsky blocked Hudon or DLR? McCarron played like crap, he has no one to blame but himself.

Mete pushed Streit out and Hemsky could get pushed out easily also but no one proved they can be better than him.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

Did Streit blocked Mete? Did Hemsky blocked Hudon or DLR? McCarron played like crap, he has no one to blame but himself.

Mete pushed Streit out and Hemsky could get pushed out easily also but no one proved they can be better than him.

I agree. We will see about Hemsky, but he should be gone in the next 10 games max. That guy is done too and soft as butter. I don't want that on my 4th line.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

This is the team YOUR GM built...

Reactions: Doc McKenna

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Yeah, sure man, why did he even tried to sign Markov and Radulov if he thought that Streit and Hemsky could replace them for less than 2M?

Plan B, right?

Or are you saying he was going to sign them regardless of how it worked out with Markov/Radulov? And the timing was just a huge coincidence?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Honest to god, why is it the majority of the fans on this board know more than Bergevin, when it comes to trades and signings? Streit, Ott, Martinsen, King, Semin.. all were moves frowned upon. The team would be better getting advice from here, than Bergevin and the pro scouts recommending this signings
I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Example: most of the posters here agreed (were ecstatic) with the Sergachev for Drouin trade knowing full well that the team needed a #1 center or a top pairing left D. Also most of the posters were (and many still are) claiming that Drouin will make a good #1 center.

I'm sure in a few months many will have forgotten their original opinion and claim that MB is a dolt for thinking Drouin could be a center.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
I get that, in isolation, this move 'cost' the organization nothing. they tried something, it didn't work, and that's it. no big deal right?

my problem is that Bergevin has been trying these weak-ass reclamation projects for years now (Hemsky, Ott, King, DSP, Matteau, Semin, Sekac, Barberio, holy **** this list is long, Malhotra, Gonchar, Vanek?, Briere, Kaberle, Halpern) and they NEVER work out. I mean, how much of a bigger sample size do you need here? literally NONE of these have worked out for longer than one season! geez.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I get that, in isolation, this move 'cost' the organization nothing. they tried something, it didn't work, and that's it. no big deal right?

my problem is that Bergevin has been trying these weak-ass reclamation projects for years now (Hemsky, Ott, King, DSP, Matteau, Semin, Sekac, Barberio, holy **** this list is long, Malhotra, Gonchar, Vanek?, Briere, Kaberle, Halpern) and they NEVER work out. I mean, how much of a bigger sample size do you need here? literally NONE of these have worked out for longer than one season! geez.

Fleischmann did. (he was traded for something valuable)

I'm tired that we sign over the hill players instead of playing our young players.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I agree. We will see about Hemsky, but he should be gone in the next 10 games max. That guy is done too and soft as butter. I don't want that on my 4th line.

Well if Chucky is to be used on the 4th line I would rather have Hemsky on the other wing than a grinder... :laugh:
This is the team YOUR GM built...

Cool, I'm fine with it.

Plan B, right?

Or are you saying he was going to sign them regardless of how it worked out with Markov/Radulov? And the timing was just a huge coincidence?

Well clearly it was not his plan A.

And what's the problem with keep trying if there's no downside? There's no logic in what you said.If it costs nothing but cash why wouldn't you try?

Byron? Weise and Mayo that brought us Danault?

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
And what's the problem with keep trying if there's no downside? There's no logic in what you said.If it costs nothing but cash why wouldn't you try?

Byron? Weise and Mayo that brought us Danault?
you don't get it do you? if you keep trying the same move over and over again, moves that are supposed to improve the team, but they always fail... well then you suck at your job. the team is not actually improving. can't believe I actually have to explain this, heh.

Reactions: Pickles

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Streit's 2nd time around with the Habs was short but memorable, in large part thanks to his snow angel move:

$

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
you don't get it do you? if you keep trying the same move over and over again, moves that are supposed to improve the team, but they always fail... well then you suck at your job. the team is not actually improving. can't believe I actually have to explain this, heh.
What are you talking about man? Are those reclamation projects stopping him from doing other things? There's no correlation whatsoever.

Once again, all the teams in the league sign guys like that all the time, there's nothing outrageous there.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Example: most of the posters here agreed (were ecstatic) with the Sergachev for Drouin trade knowing full well that the team needed a #1 center or a top pairing left D. Also most of the posters were (and many still are) claiming that Drouin will make a good #1 center.

I'm sure in a few months many will have forgotten their original opinion and claim that MB is a dolt for thinking Drouin could be a center.

I'd take Drouin on this team, at any position, over Sergachev.. any day of the week. However, it depends if he is going to surround him with the right people... Drouin needs room, and he can't get any with the line/team he's on, because he's a smaller player, playing on a small team.

Reactions: Pickles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad