Streit placed on waivers (Update: contract terminated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Gambled with pennies and we lost. Huge news right here folks.

It's not about the money. It's about the net loss of talent to the team.

He gambled on the talent of Streit and Hemsky being able to replace Markov and Radulov, and obviously lost that gamble. Because of that loss, the team suffers and now we are much worse off.

Reactions: Tyson

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I wish Streit all the success possible, just not while doning a Canadiens jersey.

I've said quite a few times that his hiring made sense if he was coaching/player-coach in Laval.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
As stupid as this seems in the context of this season, this type of signing happens all the time and with many teams. Should of spent that extra 700K on getting Radulove signed but that's a different beast.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Use your brain. Clearly other teams had tryout offers for Streit.
Use my brain? How old are you? 12...don’t talk down to folks you don’t know.

Streit was on Pittsburgh’s playoff run team whose D was decimated yet he only played 3 games because Mike Sullivan did not trust him. He went with a bunch of young AHL players over Streit. You see...I Base my response on that type of research. He was done there and no half intelligent GM would have signed him other than the Kool aid drinking crowd that sees Bergevin as a cross between Dick Irvin and Sam Pollock while most people on here see him a an eyelash better than Rejean Houle.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It's not about the money. It's about the net loss of talent to the team.

He gambled on the talent of Streit and Hemsky being able to replace Markov and Radulov,
and obviously lost that gamble. Because of that loss, the team suffers and now we are much worse off.
This is nothing but your vivid imagination.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
While the size of contract isn't a big deal, by far the most troubling aspect to me is that every last bit of information available during the off-season said Streit was done.

But nope... our organization was smarter. They didn't believe it and went and signed him only to find out that when information from all sources unanimously agrees it is actually usually right. Where the hell is the pro scouting for this team?

Obviously behind the curve.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/team/rick-dudley

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/team/eric-crawford

Scott Master - Pro Scouting West

Reid Simpson - Pro Scouting West

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Update. Almost a sure thing, CapFriendly said it. (post it on the main board too). So it's nothing as far as cap space goes... but still a gamble that didn't paid off when it WAS OBVIOUS. That's the thing. Everyone knew he was done.

Reactions: Captain Wolverine

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
This is nothing but your vivid imagination.

So you're telling me that Bergevin didn't acquire Streit and Hemsky in order to try and fill the void left by Radulov and Markov?

If so, you're basically admitting that Marc knowingly did nothing to improve the team this summer and simply let the team get worse. You realize this right?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Teams would be foolish not to claim Streit. Clearly, MB knows his stuff and like his ingenious work pursuing studs like Dwight King last season, he clearly beat out 30 other teams to land Streit.

Ideally, he should package Streit and maybe throw in a minor ++, like Galchenyuk, Mete and 1st round pick of 2017-2021, towards that Duchene deal.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
So you're telling me that Bergevin didn't acquire Streit and Hemsky in order to try and fill the void left by Radulov and Markov?

If so, you're basically admitting that Marc knowingly did nothing to improve the team this summer and simply let the team get worse. You realize this right?

Whatever is most convenient to make it seem like MB is doing a good job. A good number of us aren't fooled.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Dude, he wanted those guys back!

You don't have to be a genius to come to the conclusion that Markov and Radulov are better than Streit and Hemsky.

But what you're trying to tell us here is that Bergevin seriously thought that Streit and Hemsky would replace without a problem Markov and Radulov.

I doubt this is what he thought when he signed those guys.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

MB is such a visionary that he signed Streit to cover for the games Schlemko would be injured. Bergevin knew Schlemko would be injured for 4 games, that's how much of an expert he is.

As for Hemsky, he is an insurance policy for Galchenyuk, not Radulov. Look, Galchenyuk is already on the 4th line! MB's vision is coming to fruition.

O' Great Bergevin
What vision you possess

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Update. Almost a sure thing, CapFriendly said it. (post it on the main board too). So it's nothing as far as cap space goes... but still a gamble that didn't paid off when it WAS OBVIOUS. That's the thing. Everyone knew he was done.

Thanks for posting this.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Hmm so we know a contract sucks, but we get a who cares!! It doesnt mean anything!! But the same people ask us to applaud weise for diaz and placing a 3rd liner on the top line like we stole crosby for john scott.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
But what you're trying to tell us here is that Bergevin seriously thought that Streit and Hemsky would replace without a problem Markov and Radulov.

Actually I sincerely feel he did think that these guys would be suitable replacements.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Will someone ask Marc Bergerien and his friends why the **** he was signed in the 1st place? Was he supposed to replace Markov? :laugh:

I'm not bothered by this at all. Bergevin bought a cheap lottery ticket and, surprise! It wasn't a winner.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Where did Monctonscout go? Does he not post on this board anymore? Also where's W7? Haven't seen him for a while either..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad