Streit placed on waivers (Update: contract terminated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Wait, no one wanted to trade for him?

9b3.png

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
If they are making decisions based on the stat sheet then we are in worse hands than I thought.

I don't see any other reason... they were so sure that Markov would come back on THEIR terms that they had to sign a replacement and the only one was Streit.... not signing Markov is one of the worst move Bergevin did.

Reactions: Tuggy

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
In the end, his cap space is 30,000$ (more or less). So that gamble failed... like all of us knew but he will do nothing in the long run.
Excepts it uses a contract space up for for nothing and everyone knew that except MB it seems. One can only hope he retires or heads to europe not to mess with the playing time of youngsters in Laval.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Excepts it uses a contract space up for for nothing and everyone knew that except MB it seems. One can only hope he retires or heads to europe not to mess with the playing time of youngsters in Laval.

I expect Streit and Habs to terminate the contract (a la Semin) for Streit to return to Europe. His NHL career is done. I think this is why he's ''already'' on waivers today.

Not getting claimed tomorrow at noon... they will put him back there but on unconditionnal waivers to terminate the contract.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

Isn't Laval starting to get stacked with veterans? Don't they have to sit some guys because of the 5 veteran limit or how does that work?

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
How are people still defending this. Meh its ok it didnt hurt us. He signed him to pressure markov. Dumb move that takes up a roster spot. Shocked it didnt work as intended on markov, nor that he was even NHL ready anymore. Just like we said in july. Does this mean our cap goes higher? Thanks bergie.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Isn't Laval starting to get stacked with veterans? Don't they have to sit some guys because of the 5 veteran limit or how does that work?

More likely he'll either get claimed, mutually terminate the contract or clear and get waived and then traded to another team.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
If they are making decisions based on the stat sheet then we are in worse hands than I thought.
Of course they are not, however his playstation rating were still high, so they took a shot

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
How are people still defending this. Meh its ok it didnt hurt us. He signed him to pressure markov. Dumb move that takes up a roster spot. Shocked it didnt work as intended on markov, nor that he was even NHL ready anymore. Just like we said in july. Does this mean our cap goes higher? Thanks bergie.

The gamble didn't work (and it was a long shot given his play in the NHL playoffs .. or non-play last year), but it was nothing. Again, who cares ? At least, they are going in another direction fast. The big problem remains.... we lost Markov for nothing.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
So Mete is staying uh

Unless the plan is:

Schlemko-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Davidson-Benn
Jerabek-Morrow

But Mete should stay. He's been Montreal's best puck mover on the blue line. That's pretty sad in its own right, but he deserves to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->