Streit placed on waivers (Update: contract terminated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Was that ever actually confirmed on was that a rumor? It still doesn't bypass the tax question. Maybe he didn't want to stay here... there still were other options that Marc didn't want to explore.
Well Bergevin confirmed this himself so take it or leave it...

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Well Bergevin confirmed this himself so take it or leave it...

...the guy that said Subban was untouchable. I have trouble trusting anything he says, especially when its to cover another poor decision from his part.

Edit: Marleau and Jagr were both still available after Radulov left for Dallas - both are better options than Ales Hemsky.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
...the guy that said Subban was untouchable. I have trouble trusting anything he says, especially when its to cover another poor decision from his part.

Edit: Marleau and Jagr were both still available after Radulov left for Dallas - both are better options than Ales Hemsky.

So you like that Marleau contract? Jagr can't skate anymore! I keep reading how this team is slow and you want Jagr?

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
You say Jagr can't skate, yet you praise Hemsky. Classic. Jagr>>>>>>Hemsky.

I'd take Jagr over Hemsky any day. Jagr, even if slow, is more creative with his pinky finger than Hemsky ever will be. Plus, Hemsky isn't fast either, so... sort of moot. Marleau on a one-year deal, when there's all this unused cap, for sure I would want that.

Jagr - 1914 points in 1712 games.
Marleau - 1086 points in 1487 games.
Hemsky - 572 points in 841 games.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I think I read somewhere that Habs did reach out to Marleau but he chose to sign in Toronto.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Neither can Hemsky! Please tell me what Hemsky has done that has impressed you? He has been awful. At least Jagr can still be productive.

Hemsky is a much better skater than Jagr!

No one did anything that would impress me yet, Jagr wouldn't make a difference the way we played.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Hemsky is a much better skater than Jagr!

No one did anything that would impress me yet, Jagr wouldn't make a difference the way we played.

I remember watching Gretzky bounce pucks off of Cement-head Semenko into the net. Jagr would help this team out greatly. Especially on the powerless play.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Was that ever actually confirmed on was that a rumor? It still doesn't bypass the tax question. Maybe he didn't want to stay here... there still were other options that Marc didn't want to explore.
It was confirmed by a few sources

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So... what you're telling me is that your entire initial position was completely based on the false assumption that a replacement has to be exactly the same as the thing it replaces. This is rarely the case. Just because something is not as good as the thing its replacing, doesn't make it any less of a replacement. Trust me Belial, I know what the word 'replacement' means. The issue here is that you don't get it.

You don't need the caveat of "100%" . Just say it Belial. "Streit and Hemskey were brought in to take the place of Radulov and Markov, therefore, they are their replacements, even if they weren't expected to do 100% of the things their predecessors did". Trust me, you'll feel a lot better if you do.
Ask yourself this, was Streit playing in Markov's place from last year? (1st pairing D)

Was Hemsky playing in Radulov's place from last year? (1st line)

There you will find your answers.......

The ones replacing these players are the ones playing in those positions. Hemsky and Streit were brought in to fill bottom line roles and that's where we find them and they are also paid accordingly.

Anyone with an axe to grind will point out that they were brought in to fill the two departed UFAs.

Hey, I'm a Bergy fan and I can admit with ease that the Streit experiment was a waste of time and the Hemsky situation may follow the same path.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
No man, that's the problem, Habs offered him the same deal long before he gets the same deal from Dallas.

He clearly had no intention to resign here.

Multiple sources showing that Bergevin is a liar. I'll go with those sources over the proven arrogant egotistical liar. Nobody believes him at this point anyways. He's cried wolf one too many times to have any credability left.

Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Not a few sources, just one: The Habs brass.
It was reported by many however.
It was more than one......but I'm sure if there was 1 source from dans les coulisses that reported it to be untrue, many here would run to the wood shed with it and chastise Bergy cause it fits their narrative.

He offered him the contract, Radulov declined, point finale calisse

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Seriously, when will Molson realize MB is in over his head...

Molson would need to realize that he is in over his own head before making that realization. I mean Molson needed outside help to hire Bergevin in the first place, what makes him qualified to judge if Bergevin is doing a good job or not?

Reactions: Uncle Gary
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad