Post-Game Talk: #Streakbusters 2:1 Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Chevy has to realize that this team is having a real hard time putting the puck in the net.
They are struggling to score goals & this is the main reason they are losing.

The randomness of SH% By the end of the season the team will likely be somewhere close to 9%

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I guess that's part of the frustration , he played well to very well tonight , the goal was because of some poor play and decisions by unnamed players and for the life of me I don't know why detractors can't have posts and opinions like yours tonight.

If he plays well , you don't have to praise him if you don't want to , but no need to make things up in a negative way either.

He made a concerted effort this summer to improve, became more committed , and so far at least for me , I see positive results and changes.

Now for that to continue and for Pavs to build on it .

Pavs is Pavs -- hasn't improved one iota IMO. He'll continue to have good games like tonight and bad .850 ish games. So even when he has a good game, you know that he's just due to have a real stinker -- not necessarily the next game out but it all averages out in the end to a miserable .900 save % or slightly higher.

Last edited:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Just finished watching the game on PVR.

4th line brutal. Really what is Tornburn doing in he NHL? Slater is also continuing to look like his days are numbered in this league. It certainly didn't affect the outcome but these two are fringe NHL'ers.

Beyak worse than the 4th line He continues to be concerned about point streaks when a good hockey game is going on. Beyak also thinks Bogo is #4:shakehead

I'll be enacting my Rogers account and watch the visiting team broadcast if possible.

Pavs was really good after he got the rebounds under control. I was really impressed with him as the game went on. Better than expected so far!:handclap: Yes, I know that it is a small sample size.

Vincent!!! When will he be fired? PP has not shown much.

My 2 cents.:rant:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
The rest of us ? I am the only one that disagrees with Holden and everyone else? Ok , sure , believe that.

That is an expression. It does not have to be literal. :shakehead

We'll see , you believe you're correct , I emphatically believe you are wrong. [mod]

Ok...

When is that day ( since you say it's probably very soon ) ? and what is going to happen? Interested to have you state for the record.

[mod]

What? Yeah I'm supposed to guess when TNSE finally realizes their flagship is being run into the ground? Yeah, um why?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Beyak worse than the 4th line He continues to be concerned about point streaks when a good hockey game is going on. Beyak also thinks Bogo is #4:shakehead

I actually didn't mind Beyak the first two years. But now he gets on my nerves. Time for TSN to upgrade the TV PxP next season just like they did on the radio?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
You put in all the bottom six? Are you sure?

Posted before the game on AIH.

Meh ok but it doesn't make any difference...

Dustin Byfuglien – 10 – 2 – 1 – 3 (none of which came while in bottom 6)
Mathieu Perreault - 10 - 0 - 3 - 3 (none of which came while in bottom 6)
Adam Lowry – 10 – 1 – 0 – 1
TJ Galiardi – 10 – 0 – 0 – 0
Jim Slater – 10 – 0 – 0 – 0
Chris Thorburn – 10 – 0 – 0 – 0
Matt Halischuk – 5 – 0 – 0 – 0
Anthony Peluso – 2 – 0 – 0 – 0

Does that really make it better? Scheifele and Wheeler were on the ice for all 3 of Perreault's assists. Byfuglien's goals were a pass from Wheeler, breakaway while on ice with Ladd and Little and assist was while he was on D vs Avs.

The bottom 6 is terrible which is something I thought Chevy was supposed to have fixed right?

Last edited:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
The best was when Beyak referred to the Devils as the Islanders.

Beyak has an endearing quality about him, like a favourite uncle that thinks he knows a little bit about everything and just throws out random facts and expressions. At face value though, I agree he's a brutal PxP guy.

jetkarma*

Posted before the game on AIH.

Meh ok but it doesn't make any difference...

Dustin Byfuglien – 10 – 2 – 1 – 3 (none of which came while in bottom 6)
Mathieu Perreault - 10 - 0 - 3 - 3 (none of which came while in bottom 6)
Adam Lowry – 10 – 1 – 0 – 1
TJ Galiardi – 10 – 0 – 0 – 0
Jim Slater – 10 – 0 – 0 – 0
Chris Thorburn – 10 – 0 – 0 – 0
Matt Halischuk – 5 – 0 – 0 – 0
Anthony Peluso – 2 – 0 – 0 – 0

Does that really make it better? Scheifele and Wheeler were on the ice for all 3 of Perreault's assists.

The bottom 6 is terrible which is something I thought Chevy was supposed to have fixed right?

Not meh ok ...

Be accurate.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
It was accurate. Those were the guys that had spent most time in bottom 6. Perreault has played most of the season in top 6 due to Kane injury.

Perreault was 3rd line center for 4 games and 3rd line winger for 1 game. That's half.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Perreault was 3rd line center for 4 games and 3rd line winger for 1 game. That's half.

What. Ever. He is in there now and the bottom 6 has STILL combined for 1 goal, 0 assists. The point of the post is completely unchanged.

I guess it's easier to pick at minutia than formulate points to countermand it.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
Quit harshing my buzz, man! :laugh:

I agree that this is almost for sure the same old mediocre Jets we've come to know and love/hate. I am seeing some Xs and Os things that I really like, but IMO that's a somewhat overblown aspect of NHL hockey. Personnel is what ultimately matters, player deployment to a lesser extent, and yeah...we all know that hasn't really changed.

I've seen some things I like as well but you hit the nail on the head, personnel is what is going to make or break a team.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
What. Ever. He is in there now and the bottom 6 has STILL combined for 1 goal, 0 assists. The point of the post is completely unchanged.

I guess it's easier to pick at minutia than formulate points to countermand it.

Sensitive tonight? I just thought you forgot him the first time.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
The best was when Beyak referred to the Devils as the Islanders.

Beyak has an endearing quality about him, like a favourite uncle that thinks he knows a little bit about everything and just throws out random facts and expressions. At face value though, I agree he's a brutal PxP guy.

Well It is Halloween and maybe Dennis thought the Islanders were wearing their Devils costumes. :sarcasm: Dennis also has a unique gift of saying something and then having something happen to counteract it. Tonight he was talking about the devils shootout record also near the end of the game there was some weird correlation he was making about the New York Jets having as many wins as the Winnipeg Jets if they should hold on to the win (we were doomed from that exact moment)

This team really needs to get their WDS% under control (What Dennis Says %)

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Sensitive tonight? I just thought you forgot him the first time.

Sorry Aavco. Wasn't intended at you my bad. I did forget him because I was still thinking of the lines without Kane since I forgot he even played tonight. And despite the fact that it changes nothing as I've pointed out some people like to think that it matters in any way shape or form beyond actually including another player in the suck.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sorry guys but Pavs was the best Jet tonight. Credit where it is due. He played very well.

What is it going to take for these guys to start putting the puck in the net?

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
October-30-2014-Coach-Maurice-post-game-300x164.jpg

Coach Maurice post-game: A point lost or a point gained? Play of Pavelec. After a game like that is it good to have some time off? Getting Kane back with Scheifele and Wheeler. Giving and taking chances. Three of four points to start road trip not bad? On the pass by Enstrom to Wheeler.

To listen click here.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Just finished watching the game on PVR.

4th line brutal. Really what is Tornburn doing in he NHL? Slater is also continuing to look like his days are numbered in this league. It certainly didn't affect the outcome but these two are fringe NHL'ers.

I'll be enacting my Rogers account and watch the visiting team broadcast if possible.

Pavs was really good after he got the rebounds under control. I was really impressed with him as the game went on. Better than expected so far!:handclap: Yes, I know that it is a small sample size.

Vincent!!! When will he be fired? PP has not shown much.

My 2 cents.:rant:

Good stuff!

We all know ThorNburn is crap but so is Jim now, he's a shadow of the player we saw in the first year of Jets 2.0, how could Cormier, Klingberg, Albert or O'Dell be any worse. Have to laugh at some suggesting we trade Jim, most teams have 2 or 3 better centres on their AHL clubs.

Laughed at Beyak calling Postma, Bogo all night as well, poor Dennis must have double vision!:shakehead

Maurice has to to take over the PP himself or bring someone else in to run it, Vincent sucks and has since he got here!:shakehead

Hope Chevy is watching his man child Buff really closely as a forward because it hasn't worked yet and the longer Buff plays there the less he will be worth, think about it!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad