Stastny Trade - like it or not?

Do you like the trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Masterful

I was all cock stiff for Stastny yesterday but didnt think it would actually happen. On sat radio the guy said "Paul Stastny traded to...." with a big dramatic pause but I knew it was the Jets!

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
So excited to see what may come of the possible laine stats and ehlers line! so yes I lOve it!

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Im also wondering if Chevy played some games and raised the price on Tatar.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Yeah I'd probably give it a 4. I'm a bit disappointed we lost the first and Foley, but Stastny should be great.

The deal is if we somehow win the lottery and win anywhere from pick 1 to 3 -we can keep that 1st round pick--for 2018-- and they will then get ours in 2019. If we don't get the top 3 pick --then they get our pick this year in 2018.

If we win the division they get the 21-st pick ( 2018)- 1st round, and if we win the Stanley Cup, they get the first round pick at # 31 pick.( 2018)

Bottom line--they are getting a very weak and late 1st round pick position.--so it's a ( good deal for us)

So, we're really only giving up --what's very much like a 2nd round pick, in that they will get a very late 1-st round pick. So, let's not sweat the small stuff--we got a "proven centerman."

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I think paying a first for rentals is generally a bad idea. However, this might actually be the best chance the Jets have to win a cup: Wheeler and Byfuglien are still in their primes and they haven't lost depth to the impending cap crunch. The window will be open for a long time after, but this might be the best year.

Worst case, look at it like the Jets traded Ladd a few years ago when they didn't need him and then paid a similar price for a better asset when they needed it. It's a wash.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I think it was a fantastic move. I was excited about that prospect when talking about it yesterday...floored when it came to realization.

He’s such a perfect piece for the Jets.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
giphy.gif

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
i dont like giving up a 1st round pick but, its done. its over.

do i like stastny? no, i love stastny. maybe we re-sign him too after we trade buff? who knows. maybe get a nice AAV?

that being said, next year aside, this will certainly make our playoff depth better. onward and upwards!

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Hey Jet fans, Just dropping in to congratulate you guys on an outstanding season thus far and here's wishing you a great run down the stretch. I've been a Bruin fan all my life, I just turned 55 this month and have been a core hockey fan as long as I can remember. I think the surprise trade all day was a stunner and that was Winnipeg aquisition of Paul Stastny. I can certainly understand why Brayden Schenn was just a little pissed off. He, along with his teammates knew how important of a piece Stastny was to their team and they got no immediate help right before the post season. For the life of me, I have no idea what Blue's management were thinking. Yes if that was a non playoff team, it would make sense even if it was a steal on Jets part. I mean Blues had a pretty strong team going into the playoffs and their biggest nemesis, Black Hawks are not even in post season this year. I honestly thought they would be one of the busier teams at the trade deadline but did not see this coming. I'm really happy it was you guys who feasted off them and I really hope it works out for the Jets and Stastny.

About 2 months ago, Moneypuck was predicting a Bruins/Jets Stanley Cup Final. I sorta laughed it off at the time even though Bruins at the time were theh hottest team in the league. No doubt they're 2 years ahead of Donny Sweeney's origional plan BUT I could see them winning a round or maybe even 2 but with such a young team and thinking about the grueling 82 game schedule, I thought no way, not Boston this year. YES, I could see Jets going all the way because they were a very tough team and solid from the netminder out.. Well I JUST took another peak and I'll be darned if they're not still picking Bruins and Jets to meet in Final with you Jets winning it all..I'll certainly take that and congratulate our former player Blake Wheeler.. That was 2011 we traded Blake and Mark Stuart for Rich Peverley and Boris Valabik.. We went on to win our 1st Stanley Cup since 1972 and I Honest to God and Sincerely hope the Stastny trade today will be looked back upon like us Bruin fans look back on the Peverley and Mark Recchi trades as you win your first Stanley Cup.. If that be the case, I'll be home here in Trinity Bay, Newfoundland cheering you guys on.. I'm sorry this was so long but I really wish all Winnipeg Jet fans the very very best..Seems like yesterday all Canada was celebrating the return of the Jets to Winnipeg and the hell out of Atlanta Thrasher Territory, St John's, NL was very happy to have your AHL affiliate.. Not bragging but with pride I can tell you they had superawesome fans, not only in St.John's but all over the province...Lol, I'm gonna stop now. All the best Jet fans and GO GET EM'.........GO JETS GO BRUINS SEE YOU IN JUNE!!!

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Masterful

I was all cock stiff for Stastny yesterday but didnt think it would actually happen. On sat radio the guy said "Paul Stastny traded to...." with a big dramatic pause but I knew it was the Jets!

Exactly the same experience. Was up late chatting about this specific deal throughout the evening last night.

Had TSN on all day. As soon as the words "Paul Stastny has been traded..." I knew it was Winnipeg as well.

Reactions: nfld77 and allan5oh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad