Post-Game Talk: Stars shut out the Jets 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
A lot of people are probably struggling to make sure their families have Xmas presents and a meal, I can't see a Jets game at this time of year being a priority even if they have been playing well. They were having black friday specials that included the upcoming Leafs game and advertising tonight for the Oilers game on Thursday, that says enough right there. Should both be sellouts but probably won't be. Maybe the Leafs will end up being one.
The only game or games I see being sold out will be the Leafs and possibly Habs games. That's when the real Jets fans don't want to be there cause they can't stand the Leafs/Habs fans and fake Jets fans.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
what are the records with Arniel at the helm compared to Bowness?
Pretty darn good
I liked it. He's building confidence and starting to play much better. Everyone was activating to get the tying goal.

Morrissey has been caught doing that too, I don't want either of them to stop as we need an active dynamic d to maximize our system.
We need D shooters to play up while they take turns playing back. All of them.
Morrissey showed but Dillon needs to get up and net-front. Forget Smitty, bless his pointed head and powerful blasts but Pionk can do it, if he doesn’t give too many turnovers.
The other D need t be allowed to gain confidence in the rush as well..
Forwards have been better backchecking lately, not quite as bought in tonight on a few embarrassing occasions, but better.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Pretty darn good

We need D shooters to play up while they take turns playing back. All of them.
Morrissey showed but Dillon needs to get up and net-front. Forget Smitty, bless his pointed head and powerful blasts but Pionk can do it, if he doesn’t give too many turnovers.
The other D need t be allowed to gain confidence in the rush as well..
Forwards have been better backchecking lately, not quite as bought in tonight on a few embarrassing occasions, but better.
True. I'm just a bit annoyed that some don't see that Pionks play has improved substantially over the past month or so. I think his peak is Morrissey light, albeit with not as much defensive awareness. He can rush the puck, make very good exit passes, and even work the blueline and attack the net.

However, this is a risk reward scenario. I'd much rather have Pionk be more aggressive and make mistakes with a forward backing him up, than the Pionk that's risk adverse, in a shell, and not driving offense.

If Pionk plays this way in my mind he earns his salary and is a legitimate 2nd pair guy and 2pp point guy.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I think the team played pretty well, but they just couldn’t figure out a way to get any space. They also need to adapt to this type of smothering defence and charge the net and put pucks there.
As for the 5 on 3 power players, it’s not much different than the five on four. Connor needs to take the puck and drive to the net instead of trying the one timer, or just move back toward the blue line with the puck. Ehlers is one of those guys who will take the puck and make the defenders commit to something. We need more of that on the five on threes.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Morrissey had a point blank in the 1st and Scheif had a grade A, 2 five on three and we should win that game if their goalie doesn't play like that. Give their D credit too. But the good news was we were in that game and had opportunities to win it.

The hight stick in Nemestokov, slew on Apple and cross check on Pionk at the end seemed like big missed calls to me.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Some peeps are always here for the fall...
2Q==~2.jpg

Reactions: Jet and Eyeseeing

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I was kind of hoping My reverse jinx would work...

My statement last night "Jets have lost this in a shut out...

I'm going to bed..."

Didn't work I see... shit...

Man the Jets were flat... flatter than the great salt flats...

Oh well... I am sure they'll be raring to go for the next game...

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I dunno. I don’t see how we were the better team tonight.
Dallas outplayed us / set the tone in the first
Outplayed us defensively most of the game (not a lot of high quality chances were generated by us)
They played a good road game
They also had some bad puck luck themselves
We had some good players. There was effort there. But the better team?

We also couldn’t convert on special teams - something that doesn’t translate to being the better team tonight imo
I disagree. We had our chances but no finish.

Reactions: roccerfeller

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Re-watching it, agreed 100%. Nothing wrong with what Perfetti did at all, seems like Pionk flubbed it and panicked.

Pionk doing Pionk things...

A lot of people are probably struggling to make sure their families have Xmas presents and a meal, I can't see a Jets game at this time of year being a priority even if they have been playing well. They were having black friday specials that included the upcoming Leafs game and advertising tonight for the Oilers game on Thursday, that says enough right there. Should both be sellouts but probably won't be. Maybe the Leafs will end up being one.

Oh great...

The Leafs fans will out-number the Jets fans...

Reactions: kanadalainen

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Dallas is a good team and don't give up much so i'm not that upset with how we played 5 on 5 but those 5 on 3 PP's .......

I think you nailed it. The Jets put in enough of a 5v5 effort to put up a good fight against most teams, but Dallas' smothering defense was a lot to handle.

The only part of the game that was really inexcusable was the PP. There is some urgency there, 21st and falling...

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
could only watch the 1st and on-and-off until the Pavelski goal (traditional Pavelski net front). Didn't love our offense this game, not sure if that was bad-Jets or good-Stars defensively. but i felt the play was generally being led by the Stars. The Stars are a great team though so no shame in losing to them. 0/4 on the PP doesn't help.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Schitt spent a lot of time racing to a puck in the corner....

Just to make a panic clear... over and over again...
He’s useless and opposing teams pick on him because he struggles to defend, his passes mostly go to open ice…..unbelievable that this guy suckered anyone into paying him $5M per

Reactions: GNP

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
I don't really think the Jets played as poorly as people seem to be saying. The Stars are an excellent hockey team and were probably pretty pissed that they completely fell apart against Calgary in their last game. They came out with a top notch effort, especially defensively. I think they were the better team for most of the game.

The Jets need to learn something from this, particularly about those big missed power play opportunities.

Next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad