Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Holy ****. That is ****ing embarrassing. How can they not think that something this stupid would come back to haunt them?

The whole "disregard anything that hasn't come from us officially" is very Orwellian. Basically asking you to swear fealty to EA and its press releases.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
That makes them more guilty of their shit and they are showing that there is no such thing as "how low can you go" when EA is already at the bottom and keeps going down.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I literally had to do a double take on the "sense of accomplishment" question just to sure I was really seeing it why would they even use that phrase after that infamously mocked reddit post. Also love the whole pink vader ruining cannon argument...for a game that has Rey fighting Darth Maul along with wookies fighting on Kamino its amazing how tone deaf ea is.

Edit: Just noticed in they explictily said to avoid reddit and other message board's oppinions when giving feedback

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Perhaps more hilariously, EA's UFC 3 is also heavy in loot box bull****

this is probably just EA's standard model now. Makes buying their games a way easier "no" decision.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Also a dataminer found that there is a cosmetic system in BF2, but it's locked off. So not only did they get caught lying that it's not in the game for that reason, but it's actually there, locked and hidden away. Holy ****... the hits keep coming and it feels so good :).

Star Wars Battlefront 2 has hidden character customization, according to dataminer | PC Gamer

Was coming to post this L.O.f***ing.L

But yeah they won’t put it in for canon. What a bunch of f***ing liars. They were always planning on releasing cosmetics. They want to MT you for that too

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Between this loot box controversy and the confirmation of dynamic difficulty , I don't think I'll be buying anything from EA for a very long time.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
TBF UFC 3 is being limited to their version of ultimate team. I was initially angry when i heard that too, but it's not nearly as bad as BF2 or Need for Speed.

Ultimate team modes i'm fine with. No different than buying trading cards growing up and they're unintrustive enough where you can go just go play around in standard ranked modes (like in Madden/NHL's case) and not feel ripped off.

it's when you get stuff like this game where it becomes a major issue.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I have never played an objectives based game where everyone cares less about the objectives than in galactic assault in this game. This game makes me feel like I'm playing with a veteran e-sports team every time I join a squad of randoms in Battlefield 1.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I have never played an objectives based game where everyone cares less about the objectives than in galactic assault in this game. This game makes me feel like I'm playing with a veteran e-sports team every time I join a squad of randoms in Battlefield 1.

The actual 'game' design in terms of modes, maps, and balance, is pure shlock. The worst DICE has ever put out.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
The actual 'game' design in terms of modes, maps, and balance, is pure shlock. The worst DICE has ever put out.

It's literally a situation where they realized they could just make it lazily and just slap a #2 on the front and put it out and it'll sell because it has Star Wars tied to it. Might as well been a Tiger handheld game considering the effort...

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I have dealt with a lifetime of annoyance at people not playing the objectives in games especially in the Battlefield series but nothing compares with what you see in this game. Again, Battlefront 2 makes playing with a squad of randoms in Battlefield 1 feel like being in an elite Navy SEALS unit. Destroy the MTT? Yeah, right. I have yet to see the MTT approach even 50% damage. Nobody in the game understands the concept of ion weaponry and I can't really blame them because the game doesn't exactly explain it. I can't even play with friends in any meaningful manner because of the inane "squad" system in this game.

Rubber banding is a joke. How could no one have seen this coming? The minute I read a review saying progression isn't in any way tied to performance I knew this would happen. It's broken Heroes vs. Villains.

Finally, why can't they repopulate teams in Heroes vs. Villains? Even if you're lucky enough to get in a game without rubber-banders you'll inevitably have someone on your team quit within 30 seconds. Normally in the year 2017 this wouldn't be a big deal since you would be given another teammate in a short amount of time. Not so in Battlefront 2 where you will be stuck playing 4 vs. 3 for the rest of the game. Again, why is this so difficult?

The fact that there are actually humans defending microtransactions based off the reasoning that EA somehow deserves more money for putting out a "AAA" title like this is mind boggling to me.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Online is getting boring. They really need some new / better maps already. The gamplay is just so clunky too. I keep going back to Heros and Villains because playing a Stormtrooper / Rebel soldier just isn't fun anymore.

The arcade levels are great though, lots of variety there too. Glad they really expanded on that.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Online is getting boring. They really need some new / better maps already. The gamplay is just so clunky too. I keep going back to Heros and Villains because playing a Stormtrooper / Rebel soldier just isn't fun anymore.

The arcade levels are great though, lots of variety there too. Glad they really expanded on that.

I'm feeling the same thing. I actually uninstalled it the other night. I have a good solid 25 hours or so into the game, but it's starting to get stale.

I think Heroes vs Villains is the most well done mode, but it's not the mode I want to play honestly. :laugh:

I love the Battlefield series, so I really wanted Galactic Conquest to be great...

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I'm feeling the same thing. I actually uninstalled it the other night. I have a good solid 25 hours or so into the game, but it's starting to get stale.

I think Heroes vs Villains is the most well done mode, but it's not the mode I want to play honestly. :laugh:

I love the Battlefield series, so I really wanted Galactic Conquest to be great...
Indeed. I think I enjoyed all game modes better in the first battlefront. Like you said though HvsV is the most well done and probably the only game mode I would say is improved. I don't know but I feel like the atmosphere is a big problem too. A lot of the levels don't feel very Star Wars-y. They feel more like if the movie Alien, Riddick and Demolition Man had a baby and they threw some Star Wars skins on it.... if that makes any sense. :laugh:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Indeed. I think I enjoyed all game modes better in the first battlefront. Like you said though HvsV is the most well done and probably the only game mode I would say is improved. I don't know but I feel like the atmosphere is a big problem too. A lot of the levels don't feel very Star Wars-y. They feel more like if the movie Alien, Riddick and Demolition Man had a baby and they threw some Star Wars skins on it.... if that makes any sense. :laugh:

I translate this into "the maps in this game are pure chaos".

Could not agree more. :laugh:

It used to be DICE's main strength. Now......not so much.

Reactions: Lancer

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
DICE's map quality has been going down since BF3 or BF4. In BF3, Metro had to be first big step of realizing how bad their map design is going to be. Seriously, that map is f***ing GARBAGE. I think the last DICE game that had stellar maps was BC2. Seriously, some of the RUSH only maps (or mainly rush) were outstanding. Isla Inocentes and Valparaiso amazingly well done Rush maps. Then you have to always amazing Arica Harbor. Goddamn that game had great maps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad