Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17)

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

http://kotaku.com/star-wars-battlefront-iis-first-trailer-leaks-1794239046

Here’s a recap in case the clip disappears:

As expected, looks like there’s a singleplayer campaign in here (centred around a post-Endor Empire), but of interest to most will be the expansion of the game’s multiplayer roster to include another four Star Wars movies.

We get glimpses of characters like Rey, Kylo Ren, Yoda and Darth Maul duking it out, while there are locations shown off from across the film series, from what looks like Hoth (again) to Starkiller Base.

Last edited:

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Love the revenge- premise of the single player campaign.
I also quit playing BF after just three months so I'm hoping for a much more complete game here.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
They need to stop making Battlefront so casual and make it more like the old games. The super casual "you can be anything" approach means there's little to no depth, which hurts longevity.

I played the newer Battlefront recently and the really bad map design is what stands out to me. Getting cheesed by people/heroes camping the ridges on Hoth, **** like that. It's a game filled with nonsense that makes for a very frustrating time.

Battlefront should be BF2143 for EA but I'm not sure they have enough time with the quick turnaround Disney wants on these games. DICE isn't doing the SP. Why is there SP? Just make the MP good...

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Battlefront was never really about the campaign. Although I did really enjoy the campaign in BF2 (the original ones). Looks like we'll be getting something similar in this one which I'm all for. There needs to be way more maps for free in this one. Like 15+ not 5 or so in BF1. Also, I'd prefer it to be like 100 player rather than 40 player so it's more like a real life Star Wars fight. The new Battlefront did a very good job of making it feel like Star Wars but the fights could be a lot bigger. I'd prefer they gave an option for a mode like Walker Assault. WAY too easy to just camp with someone like Vader by an uplink. You're pretty much invincible as Vader in a small area if you're smart.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Part of me believes that they'll learn from the mistakes that they made the previous time around. The other part of me has a "wait and see attitude".

I mean they now have a single player mode and have all of the trilogies in the game. That automatically makes it better than the older one if they literally change nothing else about the game.

With that said, there still needs to be a lot of changes made in order for me to not be burnt out by the first two weeks.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Part of me believes that they'll learn from the mistakes that they made the previous time around. The other part of me has a "wait and see attitude".

I mean they now have a single player mode and have all of the trilogies in the game. That automatically makes it better than the older one if they literally change nothing else about the game.

With that said, there still needs to be a lot of changes made in order for me to not be burnt out by the first two weeks.

This is essentially what my thoughts are on the matter.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I liked the first one. But seemed like it could be much more. Hopefully this one is that.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Revealed today, there are classes apparently instead of cards, but still things like a 40 player limit. Seems like an iterative release rather than a major leap forward.

Of course, there's the usual DLC shenanigans from EA

C9eWm0XVoAAyerW.jpg:large

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Revealed today, there are classes apparently instead of cards, but still things like a 40 player limit. Seems like an iterative release rather than a major leap forward.

Of course, there's the usual DLC shenanigans from EA

C9eWm0XVoAAyerW.jpg:large

Game is going to be filled with microtransactions. They are going the Titanfall 2 route an not including a season pass. Future maps / modes will be free.

Titanfall did it well...it's packed to the gills with microtransactions but 99.5% of them are cosmetic an the few that aren't offer minimal if any advantage

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
No space battles, no online co-op at all (campaign/conquest), smaller teams.

Nope. No thanks. Battlefront 1 was ok for what is was but it's still junk compared to the original battlefront games.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Full version of the trailer:

The campaign alone is why I will buy the game regardless. If the multi-player is like the last game, I will play space battles only. The fighter mode was fun, but lacked any depth. Hopefully the space battles provide it.

FYI - the campaign is Disney-endorsed canon for those who care

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I'm glad they went for a similar idea for a campaign to BF2 (the original). Definitely wouldn't have had that much desire to play as rebels again. Will be interesting to see how much leeway DICE got with the campaign however, Disney has been pretty brutal when it comes it canon so far. I'm not expecting anything great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad