GDT: Stanley Cup Final Game 1: Blackhawks @ Lightning | June 3, 2015 | 7:00 PM CDT | NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Here's the gif. I love that the astronaut guy makes a cameo.

QuaintTerrificAzurevasesponge.gif

Beyond amazing. :laugh:

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Was not impressed by how the Hawks started, but as the game went on while trailing by just one goal, I never really got worried. I've seen the Hawks snatch a win from the jaws of defeat many times before to know they are never really out of it. Especially when the games matter. An away win to start a series is always a good thing. Now go take game #2.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
Great eye! I just replayed his shift. His skate blade definitely popped out. He played a great game from start to finish. CC stole one and Versteeg earned himself a start for game 2. TT has such a sneak wrister.

I didn't see it fall out in real time, but the way he fell - especially the second time when his leg just gave out made me think it was the blade being gone.

The first fall I'm shouting at the TV - "Seabrook, what the Hell are you doing!?!" "Wake UP!!! :laugh:

Then I saw the second fall and having had that happen to me, knew what it was. With the blade gone, you have absolutely nothing there and the skate slips out like you're on... well... on ice. :laugh:

LOVE the gif. Thankfully he/they were able to get off the ice.

Play of the game by Oduya. :)

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Well...naturally I gave up watching that rope-a-dope game by TB with 11 minutes remaining...Of course our 3rd line with TT and Vermette find a way and win it for us ...2 minutes and TB asks what the F happened? WELL it serves me right not to have seen our goals live and it serves the cowards TB to lose by reverting g to trap and rope-a-dope...I hate that sitting back and not even trying to score lest you make a mistake and give up transition chances..So I got schooled on never giving up on our Hawks and TB got schooled that the hockey gods will turn on you when you go rope-a-dope for the final 2 periods...both cowards got chastised. ..me for giving up on our guys and turning the tv off...and TB for their stupid strategy of thinking not trying to score would get them a 1 goal win.. The hockey gods hate cowards.

You left watching a 1-0 game with 11 minutes left and Chicago pressing all period?

How can you even consider yourself a Hawks fan?

So, unless Chicago is cruising to an easy win, it's not much fun for you?

Here's a better lesson for you. Winning is hard. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be much fun.

The Anaheim series was my most satisfying series ever, because winning it was almost impossibly hard.

That's what makes winning so much fun, how difficult it can be. And you choose to simply miss that?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
In my defense,When teams try to rooe-a-dope like TB did and just defend,that style is not conducive to any team normally coming g back with just about half a period left..you figure good teams ought to be able to lock it down..I am sure if Chicago was up 1-0 with half a period to go TB fans would figure they Hawks could lock it down..but the Hawks did cone back and it was not the big stars of the core who did the job...but TT and Vermette...most fans seeing their team down 1-0 and the core stars Not having their "A " games going would not have bet the house on a comeback led by the lesser grunts of the lower lines..Besides you could say my not watching those final 11 minutes was the exact reason the hockey gods relented and let us steal a game where we did overall not play to our best standards..Yes mea culpable. ..I gave up on our guys and was deprived of the live moments of our 2 goals scored..but on the other hand maybe my not watching was a good luck "charm" that turned the tide? IF so...maybe you want be to do it again should we find ourselves down by a goal with only half a period to go in the game...

BTW...by you lambasting me for not being a true Hawks fan,you miss the far more important issue...that is that ANY coach letting a team of skilled offensive stars resort to rooe-a-dope to protect a 1 goal lead for 2 periods of dreadful cowardly hockey...that coach deserves the real lambasting...So John Cooper is a Coward...We all should be shouting that at him because if he feels that boring hockey is the correct way to beat us he is making hockey an ugly boring sport to watch..It is disgusting..And the hockey gods got him for resorting to that...If Q did that I would say exactly the same thing of him..I detest rope-a-dope. ..have the guts to try to score and win mano a Mano. ..that should be the focus of your disgust...with the strategy TB used and not with my thinking they could succeed and take the victory with it and giving up on our ability to snatched victory from the haws of defeat...Imagine if you had offensive players as good as Stamkos and the triplets and you stymied them by holding them back in neutral zone traps and rope'a-dope stay in your own end do not take chances hockey...Imagine magnetic if Q did that with our team if we had a 1 goal lead and he starts rooe-a-dope from the 2nd period on. ..it is terrible hockey to watch...like watching a New Jersey Devils game from the Uncle Lou textbook of snooze hockey..People should have turned off the game just for that...regardless of what side you hoped could win. Here we were supposed to get "entertained" with stars galore on both teams and instead one coach resorts to Cowardly hockey..What fan of either team wants to watch that travesty to the integrity of the sport? Give us more open hockey...try to attack...live with any mistakes...let the stars play. ..Entertain us...do not frustrate everyone and especially fans paying big bucks to watch a Cup Finals game by turning the game into Snooze fest. More of this by TB and all fans of hockey will turn it off in droves. Happy we won and stole it..but I will not sit through that again if TB sticks with rooe'a-dope..If they lose by opening it up then so be it...take it like a man that the Hawks are deeper and will beat you if you open up...But do not insult the game with the Coward's strategy.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Many posts here claim the Hawks lacked effort in the first two periods.. but I assert that the issue of the Hawks struggling was not so much the Hawks but was rather the Bolts who were plying really well. The effort was there and will be there again.

Steeger looked good. As long as Crow plays like this, the Hawks have a shot at taing this one in as few as 5 games. Looking good so far.

Love this team.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Hawks didn't deserve the win, will be lucky to win another game this decade.

The Seabrook/Oduya gif is ****ing hilarious just looking at those two alone. The astronaut in the background makes it 10 times better.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Many posts here claim the Hawks lacked effort in the first two periods.. but I assert that the issue of the Hawks struggling was not so much the Hawks but was rather the Bolts who were plying really well. The effort was there and will be there again.

Steeger looked good. As long as Crow plays like this, the Hawks have a shot at taing this one in as few as 5 games. Looking good so far.

Love this team.

TB came out strong yes but ....Not sure which feed you watched, but Toews was seen on the bench (more than once) urging the team to give their heads a shake. He didn't seem very happy with the effort.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Teuvo has as many points in the playoffs as Saad with 3 less games and alot less ice.

5 games prior to his benching in Game 3 vs. ANA
1pt

5 games after his benching in Game 3 vs. ANA
5pts

Vermette

0pts

4pts

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
lol until the Deadspin article pointed it out didn't notice the 'so clam' typo from Hossa's Teuvo quote

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Stole this one. Better effort next time, please.

A good reminder that while winning a game is great, it's much more importnat to focus on how we might have lost.

It was a tight game, and we had the edge in play over the last 50 minutes.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Lucky win lucky win lucky win, how about no not lucky win. When you have skilled players that can shoot the puck with good accuracy along with other players going to the net with traffic to screen the goaltender, along with being calm, collected, not panicking, believing, working for it no matter the situation, good things happen. Its not luck, anyone that keeps working gets breaks, hence the term you make your own luck. There is no such thing as "luck" anyway. I have heard the luck argument from every onee. Lucky for the past two years, how can a team be in the finals and being one game up all based on luck?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
1pt

5pts

Vermette

0pts

4pts

Didn't take long for that colossal Q blunder to get rewritten as a stroke of genius by his most ardent supporter.

lethargytartare

Oct 24, 2014
Magrathea
You left watching a 1-0 game with 11 minutes left and Chicago pressing all period?

How can you even consider yourself a Hawks fan?

So, unless Chicago is cruising to an easy win, it's not much fun for you?

Here's a better lesson for you. Winning is hard. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be much fun.

The Anaheim series was my most satisfying series ever, because winning it was almost impossibly hard.

That's what makes winning so much fun, how difficult it can be. And you choose to simply miss that?

HF50 will only be happy when the Hawks give 100% effort for the full regular season and then give 100% effort for all 5 games while they lose 4-1 in the 1st round to the 8 seed.

He doesn't really care about winning, he just wants maximum entertainment out of every second he's watching a Hawks' game.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sitting TT/Vermette for a game didn't cost Hawks anything. If Hawks stars bother to show up they would have won game

What did cost Hawks games in WCF was Stanely's blunders. Rundblad gave away game 1 and Bickell gave away game 5

Thankfully Q and Hawks core overcame those disaster to win series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad