SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Good family, always helping out! Older brother captained a JrB team and parents were always around in minor hockey n supportive of local events ( 3 AAA kids, time management stars lol )
Brought em up well, great to see.

Parents are in the Soo often as well! I met his father in Saginaw this year

Reactions: rve24

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Hounds @ Wolves being broadcasted on TSN+ tonight!

IMG_4558.jpeg

Reactions: howlman

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Charlie played great tonight. Moves that save % up. Gained a point on Saginaw after they lost in OT. Still gonna be tough to catch them with only 6 games left (6 points back).

Reactions: BehindSooNet

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
1 game in hand, and 1 head to head game remaining. Still need some help from Saginaw. At least we know they are human. I think that was their first second loss past regulation all year.

Last edited:
Reactions: HF92

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I was at the game tonight and it was a lot of fun, especially the chirping after the OT winner! I'm not sure what's up with Allard and Mignosa, but we were missing a lot of guys. I think we may have played with 10 forwards and were also missing Carlisle.

Vandenberg has killed us this year and almost did again, but Charlie matched him the whole way. Great job by him.

What a nice pickup DeZoete has been. I really like him and I think his work ethic has had a positive impact on Christopher Brown. I stole that last point from Coach Dean, but it's still true.

What was up with the slashing call on Gibson in the first? That definitely wasn't him. He went to the bench and Vader (who should have been penalized) went to the box, but then they switched. Everyone seemed confused. Otherwise, the refs did a good job. I enjoy a game with a lot of 5-5.

How do you beat Beck and Hayes in OT? Those two are unbelievably talented. Sudbury had no answer for them.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Charlie played great tonight. Moves that save % up. Gained a point on Saginaw after they lost in OT. Still gonna be tough to catch them with only 6 games left (6 points back).
8 games left :)

Our positioning is the standings is really irrelevant at the end of the day, with the Hounds road record we're almost better off finishing 8th in the Conference anyways

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Allard should be back this weekend.

I can’t speak on Mignosa but you can assume he returned too early.

I don’t think we see Hayes until game one of the playoffs.

Carlisle back tomorrow!

8 games left :)

Our positioning is the standings is really irrelevant at the end of the day, with the Hounds road record we're almost better off finishing 8th in the Conference anyways

I’d still rather have the first two games in the Soo lol!!!

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Ahh.... my mistake. Yes. 68 game schedule. So 8 games left. Barring no upsets in the 1st round, round 2 of the West should be tough for all 4 teams. I like our chances. Hopefully these next 8 games are played just the way we need to, entering the playoffs.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Interesting to note, the Hounds are the current holders of longest active point streak at 6 games (5-0-1-0). I don't think I'd be alone in suggesting that over this 6 game stretch have not played to nearly their potential. Still, they are getting results and hopefully can continue to build to the playoffs.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
6 points behind Saginaw for first in the division. 1 game in hand and 1 more game against Saginaw remaining.

There’s still a chance!!

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
6 points behind Saginaw for first in the division. 1 game in hand and 1 more game against Saginaw remaining.

There’s still a chance!!
We've shown that we are consistently better than Saginaw if our goaltending is decent. I'm not worried about what seed we get if we play them. I just want everyone healthy

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Article after last night's game said
Allard (day to day)
Mignosa (day to day)

Article after Friday night's game said
Hayes, T (week to week)

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
We have to have the worst linesman in the league. The amount of missed or botched offside calls is astounding. I've counted 6 already in a period and a half

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Pretty tidy effort by the Hounds. McGuire was mixing it up all night, got about 5 invitations to dance but declined them all. Surprised it took until the final 5 minutes before soneone took liberties with him.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
We have to have the worst linesman in the league. The amount of missed or botched offside calls is astounding. I've counted 6 already in a period and a half

It’s almost like Policchico hates the Hounds…..

Multiple players let him have it last night.

Pretty tidy effort by the Hounds. McGuire was mixing it up all night, got about 5 invitations to dance but declined them all. Surprised it took until the final 5 minutes before soneone took liberties with him.

Gibson flat out asked him to fight and he shook his head NOPE lol 😂

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
It’s almost like Policchico hates the Hounds…..

Multiple players let him have it last night.

Gibson flat out asked him to fight and he shook his head NOPE lol 😂
Gibson has 5" and 20 lbs on McGuire- why fight just to please Soo fans?

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Gibson has 5" and 20 lbs on McGuire- why fight just to please Soo fans?
I'm not defending hockey norms or anything, but someone who makes several dirty plays in a game is normally expected to answer the bell when challenged to a fight. Maybe that's wrong, but it's why fans are surprised he turned down a few opportunities.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
He turned down multiple invitations including a similar sized Spencer Evans. After quite a few dirty plays

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Linsemen picking up where they left off. Terrible. Who is this Pye character? He's really bad lol

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Martin with his 10th - our 13th with that many goals. Most in the league I believe.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Windsor doesn't really seem to have any plan on their breakouts. It looks like shinny out there.

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Time change tonight. Gets darker a bit later now. But my solar calculator may not be working well with my calculations. It's telling me that Saginaw needs at most, 6 points in their last 5 games to clinch the West. Sure the Hounds can clean up some parts of thier game. Every team probably could. But I am loving their play and looking forward to the rest of March going into April.

Reactions: HF92 and HockeyPops
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad