SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I have to be honest, I didn't see anything that Sawyer did during that game that would have justified a lengthy suspension. Obviously the 4th fight was going to be a suspension. A couple extra punches after Virgilio was down might have been borderline, but IMO it's a completely different play than his earlier dirty hit on an unsuspecting BMB. Is it unacceptable that I am ok with the 2 games?
That’s where I’m at. I don’t see anything with this sequence that would warrant much. Every team has had a player do something very similar multiple times every year. We can all assume why Hunter brought him in and we’re probably right but lets be serious. We all want a forward who’s hard on the forecheck and bangs opposing D. It’s no secret that will lead to the D rushing decisions and create turnovers. We all want forwards that throw hits in the neutral zone and along the boards and if they’re doing that we accept it if they’re not contributing much on the stat sheet. Boulton is just a bit more extreme version of that. If he pulls another BMB type play? Throw the book at him. This? Meh.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
This is where I've alluded to the team or hunter receiving fines/punishment at some point as it's obvious that Boulton does exactly what Dale wants him to. The alternative is waiting until he ends a career or causes life-long damage (or worse) to a promising athlete. Like I said, at this point I hope someone sues the league into oblivion for negligence.
someone with only 47 minutes in penalties, I find it hard to call a goon. He may be there to fight and protect his teammates but I don't think he can be called a goon.

I think it is more like a lot of players that play for other teams that we call goons, but we would love to have them on our team.

The OHL will penalize as they should, and if they thought he was a goon and broke the laws of the league, he probably would not be in London.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
someone with only 47 minutes in penalties, I find it hard to call a goon. He may be there to fight and protect his teammates but I don't think he can be called a goon.

I think it is more like a lot of players that play for other teams that we call goons, but we would love to have them on our team.

The OHL will penalize as they should, and if they thought he was a goon and broke the laws of the league, he probably would not be in London.
Remember in penalty totals unlike the NHL misconduct and game misconduct minutes are not counted.
Boulton has 7 majors plus 4 game misconduct,penalty totals are actually 87 minutes in 32 games played,4th line minutes I would say goon label aptly applied.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Remember in penalty totals unlike the NHL misconduct and game misconduct minutes are not counted.
Boulton has 7 majors plus 4 game misconduct,penalty totals are actually 87 minutes in 32 games played,4th line minutes I would say goon label aptly applied.
What is Eichler then?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
What is Eichler then?
A top 4 D on Windsor who plays top 4 minutes not a thug bad comparison,one guy plays 20 minutes a game the other 6 or 7
Eichler btw 120 Pims including misconducts and game misconducts.
Also Eichler NHL upcoming draft is rated,can't say the same for other guy,and Eichler is 18 months younger too just turned 18 in December.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
i would ask what the difference is between someone putting a bounty on a player or a head coach sending out a thug like Boulton for the same purpose?

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Hounds will be without Travis Hayes today.
IMG_4268.jpeg

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
With Gibson and Fantino recently getting their 10th, we now have 12 players with that many goals. Also Martin is at 8 so it's not a stretch to believe we might finish the year with 13. Pretty impressive. I'm not sure any other team in the league can boast that many goal scorers in double digits.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
With Gibson and Fantino recently getting their 10th, we now have 12 players with that many goals. Also Martin is at 8 so it's not a stretch to believe we might finish the year with 13. Pretty impressive. I'm not sure any other team in the league can boast that many goal scorers in double digits.

Close to having 8 20 goal scorers as well, if im
Not mistaken

BehindSooNet

Mar 15, 2015
That was undoubtedly the best game the boys have played all season. Worked hard begining to end - did not let up.

In addition to ending London's extended point streak a few weeks ago, stopping Kitchener's 5 game winning streak feels real good!

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
We currently have 7 20 goal scorers, and 2 players with 17 (Dickinson, O'Reilly).
At best we'll end season then with 9.
Won't catch you guys in double digit category.
We only have 4 currently in the 20 goal category, but 4 more at 19,18,17,17.

The 12 players (and nearly 13) is for 10 goal scorers.
17 BMB
19 Karki
11 Gibson
17 Allard
20 Beck
32 Hayes G
14 Hayes T
10 Fantino
18 D'Intino
20 Cloutier
20 Mignosa
12 Frasca

8 Martin

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
We only have 4 currently in the 20 goal category, but 4 more at 19,18,17,17.

The 12 players (and nearly 13) is for 10 goal scorers.
17 BMB
19 Karki
11 Gibson
17 Allard
20 Beck
32 Hayes G
14 Hayes T
10 Fantino
18 D'Intino
20 Cloutier
20 Mignosa
12 Frasca

8 Martin
Either way you shake it, just shows how deep our roster is in that any line we throw on the ice can and will score....I know BMB, Beck and Hayes will be counted on alot in playoffs but having that secondary, third and fourth scoring will pay off huge I am hoping

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I like the forward lines a lot better since Brown was moved to the LW.

Dean said D'Intino is still not 100% after returning from injury; that he has been great but there is still a lot more to give.

Guys are really pushing each other to stay in the lineup. Hayes out so Dezoete draws in and gets the GWG. It's a good problem to have when everyone is healthy.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
I like the forward lines a lot better since Brown was moved to the LW.

Dean said D'Intino is still not 100% after returning from injury; that he has been great but there is still a lot more to give.

Guys are really pushing each other to stay in the lineup. Hayes out so Dezoete draws in and gets the GWG. It's a good problem to have when everyone is healthy.
Fantino has really impressed me the last few weeks as well. i won't lie, i was all for trying to ship him out, but man, he's been really good the last little bit. i think putting him on a line with some of the players more his speed has been great.

i really like the lines the way they are now as well. liked DeZeote with Allard and Cloutier. they had speed to burn.

excited for the next few weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2