SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
one benefit of picking so so first round picks. Example cloutier & Brown.
Most likely not getting drafted, so they are a possibility of being 5 year
ohl players and hopefully in there 5th and final year as overage players
they will be better then your average ohl'er and have an impact.
Most first round picks do not play an overage year, so the hounds do benefit
with that option. That's looking at it with glass half full as opposed to half empty
perspective.

Reactions: HF92 and HockeyPops

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
the inconsistency kills us again. we fell apart defensively after losing carlisle. this is not the time of the year to be throwing away points.

Reactions: HockeyPops

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Two games is now official

IMG_4437.jpeg

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Ok but it’s still the same idea. He’s only out there to fight or hurt people. It’s gross that Dale is using a teenager that way.
I would prefer no S. Boulton in the lineup. He's a minus 14, by far the worst +/-, on the top team in the league. He doesn't look to injure or fight on every shift, but your point is well taken... crosses the line too often.

Reactions: HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Ok but it’s still the same idea. He’s only out there to fight or hurt people. It’s gross that Dale is using a teenager that way.

I 100% agree. His goal isn't to score, get assists, or get points at all, his goal is to (based on the evidence I see) act in an unsportsmanlike way, to intend to injure and to attack vulnerable players in an attempt to give the Knights an advantage. This is an opinion based on the facts presented... If he had even 20 points, maybe there is an argument against it, but his role is pretty clear.

Im sure he may not DO IT every shift, but with the facts presented, id imagine he's thinking it almost every single shift because he doesn't have actual hockey IQ...

Im also going to point out that he fought Blake Smith, once again afraid to drop the mitts with Clattenburg, lol

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

HoundFan

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
I’m not a Hunter/Boulton fan by any means. The most disturbing thing about this fight was the celebrating done by his little brother and the player sent to the penalty box to serve the extra 2 minutes. No place in hockey for that trash. Fight was fair, no blind sides and both willing to go.

Year after year London seems to always always trash it up. My opinion only.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo

yep. allegations of a bounty and the league freaks out and launches an investigation, but sending a guy out with the sole intention of hurting people game in and game out is totally fine!

Reactions: All the Answers

staubitz

Apr 30, 2015
My favourite moment from the kids last night was the delivery of this comment after the fan played the game where you drop the pucks:
“Congratulations. You won a toque.”
You had to be there 😂

The kid calling the Hounds’ goals did well too. So happy for all the kids that got to be a part of it. I wish I had had that opportunity as a kid, would probably still be a highlight for me!

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I've only seen about 8 Soo games this year, but one of the things that has impressed me most is how you never seem to get pinned in your own zone (at even strength), at least not for any significant period of time. The puck gets moved out of your end quite quickly.
I don't know maybe I'm your good luck charm when watching, or haven't seen enough games. Is that a fairly accurate observation?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
We are definitely a puck possession team. Rarely just dump the puck out, we are always looking to make a good first pass and exit the zone with possession.

When we don't have a jump in our step is when we have trouble. You can't play this style when you aren't pushing the pace. Inconsistency is our achilles heel this year.

Last edited:

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
I've only seen about 8 Soo games this year, but one of the things that has impressed me most is how you never seem to get pinned in your own zone (at even strength), at least not for any significant period of time. The puck gets moved out of your end quite quickly.
I don't know maybe I'm your good luck charm when watching, or haven't seen enough games. Is that a fairly accurate observation?

Not often, but it’s happened before this season.

Reactions: nelli27

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
When we don't have a jump in our step is when we have trouble. You can't play this style when you aren't pushing the pace. Inconsistency is our achilles heel this year.

I agree with this.

It also seems like sometimes our feet move faster than our brains. In other words we have the jump in our step but our decision making isn't keeping up with our foot speed. These nights are best characterized by the lack of clean breakouts due to bad first passes and forwards prematurely blowing the defensive zone.

IMO a third issue is that some nights is we don't want to pay the price in front of the oppositions net. These are the nights some people like to say we got goalie'd because we have no issue racking up shots 30+ shots from the point/perimeter but we lack net-front presence and compete necessary to screen the goalie, make redirections, or finish on 2nd chances.

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
No shortage of concerns with this team heading into the post season. Maybe when everything is cranked up a notch this team puts forth the best version of itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad