SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Hopefully Carlisle is available for the first playoff game.

Credit where it's due, that's a Spirit team with a lot of different players that can put the puck in the net. I suspect their shooting % was higher today than normal, but they were sniping corners all day with not a lot a room for error.

Officials struggled.

Greyhounds were fine other than that stretch in the first. Had a goal called back and struggled to finish on some good chances. But got out of it more or less unscathed. Still waiting to see who we meet round 1.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
His father is the OHL director of officiating if you're wondering why he never sees consequences for being the OHL's most cowardly player.
I didn’t want to be the first to say this but yeah..true statement.

In other news, it’ll be Soo Greyhounds vs Guelph Storm in round 1

Here is the round 1 schedule
IMG_5236.jpeg

Reactions: StormWatcher

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
It
I didn’t want to be the first to say this but yeah..true statement.

In other news, it’ll be Soo Greyhounds vs Guelph Storm in round 1

Here is the round 1 schedule
View attachment 841054
It's always scary to face the OHL's finest coach in the playoffs, but I feel that we can carry the play and out-talent them on a consistent basis. It's going to come down to the goaltending, as is so often the case in the playoffs.

Reactions: HF92

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Only plays the tough guy when it’s Cloutier or Brown. Cross checking the short guys in the face but when Frasca is around you can smell the fear.
Or Hayes jr. Or Martin. Amazing how he's only ever gone after little guys or rookies.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
It

It's always scary to face the OHL's finest coach in the playoffs, but I feel that we can carry the play and out-talent them on a consistent basis. It's going to come down to the goaltending, as is so often the case in the playoffs.
I know Charlie has it in him to make those need plays and win games, we've all seen it and hopefully he amps it up over the next couple months

Reactions: Fischhaber

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Storm warning for John Dean:
Thinking John Dean should have sat himself up with Kyle Raftis in the press box
for the final game of the season. That was the most annimated he has been behind
the bench all season and for what a game that meant absolutely nothing to his team.
There was no reason for yelling at the Saginaw coaches after there 5th goal , for what
reason i wish Peter Ruicci would have asked the question post game.
all Dean had to do was make sure his guys did not do anything ridiculous and gain
a suspension and he failed in that department. Caiden Carlisle may face a suspension.
If Dean was worried about Saginaw running up the score then perhaps he should have
dressed his top players. Saginaw had something to play for and to be honest
they weren't even going all out from what i noticed.
However, Dean's biggest mistake was his comments after the game to Peter Ruicci.
" We will face these guys again , can't wait "
He is overlooking Guelph Storm and thinking about Facing Saginaw in the second
round of the playoffs big mistake, don' think that comment will be bulletin board
material in the guelph dressing room. i suggest Dean focus his complete attention
on the guelph storm as they are a formidable opponent and they will give the Soo
Greyhounds all they can handle. If he doesn't and his team doesn't it will be a short
series in favour of the guelph storm. From what i witnessed all season the guelph storm
have a very good team.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
In his postgame Dean said he didn't expect Carlisle to be suspended.

Dean is always animated. Not sure what the exchange after the 5th goal was about, but I know Dionicio got a misconduct for his goal celebration after the 3rd goal. So it might have been a continuation of that.

Dean did a good job to bring his bench back to the task at hand after quickly falling down 5-0. The rest of the game could have gone very differently...

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
for the final game of the season. That was the most annimated he has been behind
the bench all season and for what a game that meant absolutely nothing to his team.
There was no reason for yelling at the Saginaw coaches after there 5th goal , for what
all Dean had to do was make sure his guys did not do anything ridiculous and gain
a suspension and he failed in that department. Caiden Carlisle may face a suspension.
If Dean was worried about Saginaw running up the score then perhaps he should have
However, Dean's biggest mistake was his comments after the game to Peter Ruicci.
round of the playoffs big mistake, don' think that comment will be bulletin board
material in the guelph dressing room. i suggest Dean focus his complete attention
on the guelph storm as they are a formidable opponent and they will give the Soo
Greyhounds all they can handle. If he doesn't and his team doesn't it will be a short
series in favour of the guelph storm. From what i witnessed all season the guelph storm
have a very good team.
Even still, Soo should take down the Storm in 4. Guelph's offensive output has increased of late, but I'd still put them in the category of "offensively challenged". Muffle your ears when watching the games in Guelph especially if Bowman scores. Strangely, the Guelph announcer shouts in an angry voice "And the Bone Collector (Bowman) scores..." The angry shouting happens after every Storm goal.
Too much depth on the Hounds... a short series, I think.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
have a very good team.

I disagree. It was 5-0 and Chris was icing his #1 PP while we didn’t even call up a player out of courtesy…. We weren’t TRYING to win this game.. the hounds were shorthanded going into it.

The yelling was warranted and as a player on that bench going into the playoffs you want nothing more than to see your coach defending YOU like Dean did.

I knew someone would bring that comment up and make it how they want. Dean isn’t overlooking anyone and is 100% correct, we will have the opportunity to play that team again, and that opportunity is through the playoffs and BY BEATING GUELPH. It’s just more fuel, more Tod drive the team. I found it very motivating.

I guess it’s all perspective on how you read it :)

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I disagree. It was 5-0 and Chris was icing his #1 PP while we didn’t even call up a player out of courtesy…. We weren’t TRYING to win this game.. the hounds were shorthanded going into it.

The yelling was warranted and as a player on that bench going into the playoffs you want nothing more than to see your coach defending YOU like Dean did.
We would have done the same thing as Lazary did. You are trying to win the game while also trying to get ready for the playoffs. You have a 5 minute major so of course some of that powerplay time is going to go to your first line. I don't blame Lazary for anything that he did.

I also don't blame Dean for anything he did.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
We would have done the same thing as Lazary did. You are trying to win the game while also trying to get ready for the playoffs. You have a 5 minute major so of course some of that powerplay time is going to go to your first line. I don't blame Lazary for anything that he did.

I also don't blame Dean for anything he did.

Oh no I don’t blame Chris, but that’s why the yelling happened and from Deans perspective I don’t blame him either. Likely also the celebration like you mentioned. I just disagree that it was a negative on the team itself.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
I missed the third. What happened with Dintino? He got “abuse of an official” on the scoresheet.
Who knows. It wasn’t even a hockey game at that point. That was the worst officiated game I’ve ever seen🤣.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Ya Beck stayed down just long enough to make sure the officials arm was up, then sprang back up and lined up for the pp faceoff IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad