SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
after a high offense 1st, 2nd and 3rd periods were very defensive and physical. not sure if that was a coaching move or the layers were sitting back. it wasn't boring to watch but it might have been boring for the goalies lol.

Martin is a beast.

also, i thought my son's choir did a helluva job on the anthems! 😉

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
IMG_5197.jpeg

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Honestly it depends what direction the teams going in. I think so.
I think in a rebuilding year, you absolutely have to give Miller the starting job. I think he will be one of the top goalies in the league in 25/26 if we develop him properly.

Brantford stands out as a nice fit for Schenkel. They will want to contend, have no options at goalie and can make OA space.

Reactions: HF92

BehindSooNet

Mar 15, 2015
My wife and I thought that both anthems were beautifully sung (best renditions we've heard in 10 years of attending games) - a credit to the music program at Superior Heights.

The game, however, was a snooze fest after the first period ...

Reactions: DWI Dale

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
after a high offense 1st, 2nd and 3rd periods were very defensive and physical. not sure if that was a coaching move or the layers were sitting back. it wasn't boring to watch but it might have been boring for the goalies lol.

Martin is a beast.

True story.
Best anthems I've heard since lyndon slewing. Very very well done. I'd hope they get them all playoffs too

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Luca Blonda (D, Pittsburgh Penguins Elite).
This kid is from the Soo and is a draft prospect featured on the OHL site. Check it out....Maybe he's picked by his home town team.

he was on our u15AAA hounds team last year. so was penguins elite teammate F nik rossetto. they were fantastic to watch.

Reactions: nelli27

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
I think in a rebuilding year, you absolutely have to give Miller the starting job. I think he will be one of the top goalies in the league in 25/26 if we develop him properly.

Brantford stands out as a nice fit for Schenkel. They will want to contend, have no options at goalie and can make OA space.

Yeah I agree with you 100%

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I've taken the opportunity to draw up this PP setup, and have asked Dean to use it this afternoon. I want two forwards behind the Spirit goal passing it back and forth until one of them spots Gibson (right shot) creeping in from the point for the big one timer. I've also given Dean the option of using Karki from the other side (left shot). Frasca will be in front of the net for the screen.

• Haha
Reactions: BehindSooNet

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
I've taken the opportunity to draw up this PP setup, and have asked Dean to use it this afternoon. I want two forwards behind the Spirit goal passing it back and forth until one of them spots Gibson (right shot) creeping in from the point for the big one timer. I've also given Dean the option of using Karki from the other side (left shot). Frasca will be in front of the net for the screen.

Hounds are going to rest some players and I just don't think the competitive level will be there today. Would be cool to finish the year off with a win against Saginaw, but im not expecting a win today. I just want to get out of this game with no injuries or suspensions!

Also, listen, yes we are mad about the Memorial Cup but ......you think we're going to do LONDON A FAVOUR?!?! hahahha jk!

Reactions: nelli27

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
he was on our u15AAA hounds team last year. so was penguins elite teammate F nik rossetto. they were fantastic to watch.
I would rather take a forward though. I think blonda will be great tho. We will have a pretty good defence Corps tho and rather take a forward if possible.

I do like rossetto and would take him at 18. He was one of the more talented forwards at last years u15aaa championships. I realize that there are a lot more forwards than we saw but thought he was very skilled. Just don't know about the pressure of playing in your hometown lol

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
Hounds are going to rest some players and I just don't think the competitive level will be there today. Would be cool to finish the year off with a win against Saginaw, but im not expecting a win today. I just want to get out of this game with no injuries or suspensions!

Also, listen, yes we are mad about the Memorial Cup but ......you think we're going to do LONDON A FAVOUR?!?! hahahha jk!

:popcorn::help::naughty:

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Travis Hayes the rookie of the year and Kirill Kudryavtsev as the team MVP. I mentioned these things a while back and no one agreed, but at least the team does. Congrats to all of the players for their well deserved awards.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Travis Hayes the rookie of the year and Kirill Kudryavtsev as the team MVP. I mentioned these things a while back and no one agreed, but at least the team does. Congrats to all of the players for their well deserved
Not sure it matters if anyone agreed. Martin was out the first 6 weeks when other teams were just learning their systems but since he's been back he's driving the play each and every game. Hayes has always been a finisher and took advantage of his chances. We are lucky to have both of them moving forward. Not sure anyone cares who was right or wrong lol.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Why is the sound so awful on the broadcast? You can't hear any game sounds. Almost makes it unwatchable.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Not sure it matters if anyone agreed. Martin was out the first 6 weeks when other teams were just learning their systems but since he's been back he's driving the play each and every game. Hayes has always been a finisher and took advantage of his chances. We are lucky to have both of them moving forward. Not sure anyone cares who was right or wrong lol.
I like Martin better going forward, but it's always nice to be right when everyone says you are wrong.

I got all 3 scratches right as well, but the coach told me yesterday 😅

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
You know, the Hounds have probably been the better team for most of the game so far. But for that 10 minute stretch in the first they were awful, just awful. Nobody played well, officials didn't help, and no puck luck allowed the Spirit to run up the score.

At least they snapped out if it. Need to clean up special teams now.

Reactions: HF92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan