Sony PS5 2

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Just a heads up, avatar is already 30% off unfortuaneltely it’s only the physical versions that are on sale

edit: I just realized its not even out for another month. I've never seen a full price game go on sale a month out from release.

Last edited:

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Just a heads up, avatar is already 30% off unfortuaneltely it’s only the physical versions that are on sale

edit: I just realized its not even out for another month. I've never seen a full price game go on sale a month out from release.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
A Plague Tale : Requiem a free monthly PS+ game.

I ended up buying it during the Black Friday Sale, but I knew I should have waited. The original was a monthly game and it being on a steep discount was probably a sign that it was going to be a PS+ game soon. Oh well. I enjoyed the first one and by all accounts this one is bigger and better, so the devs can have my money.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Apparently Nobody Saves the World is a great game. Will definitely be checking this one out at some point.

IslesNbeer

Sponsor
Nov 25, 2016
Alberta
I've been a pc gamer for years, but broke down and got a ps5 and a portal cause I wanted to play NHL and replay The Last of Us. Played it originally on ps4 and after watching the series again I had to play the game again.

So far really like playing NHL on the Portal. Have to give Last of Us a play tonight. Digital version of The Last of Us Part II comes out next week, I'll have to get it as I haven't played it.

How is The Last of Us part 1 vs 2?

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I've been a pc gamer for years, but broke down and got a ps5 and a portal cause I wanted to play NHL and replay The Last of Us. Played it originally on ps4 and after watching the series again I had to play the game again.

So far really like playing NHL on the Portal. Have to give Last of Us a play tonight. Digital version of The Last of Us Part II comes out next week, I'll have to get it as I haven't played it.

How is The Last of Us part 1 vs 2?
In my opinion, TLOU 2 gameplay was slightly better, but TLOU 1 story was far, far better. TLOU 2 really dragged on, especially towards the end.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
If I had TLOU2 on disc, but I sold the disc, can I still get the remaster for $10?

No interest in paying $50 for it, but I'd check the out the rougelike game mode for $10.

IslesNbeer

Sponsor
Nov 25, 2016
Alberta
In my opinion, TLOU 2 gameplay was slightly better, but TLOU 1 story was far, far better. TLOU 2 really dragged on, especially towards the end.

That's disappointing. I'm about 1/2 way through the first one now and about 1/2 through my nhl 24 season.

What'd everyone recommend for a good thriller/horror game? Alan Wake any good?

I can't believe how much I enjoy using the Portal, if I didn't get it I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be using the PS5 anywhere near as much as I do now. I'm looking forward to the summer being able to play outside by the fire.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
That's disappointing. I'm about 1/2 way through the first one now and about 1/2 through my nhl 24 season.

I can't believe how much I enjoy using the Portal, if I didn't get it I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be using the PS5 anywhere near as much as I do now. I'm looking forward to the summer being able to play outside by the fire.
Resident Evil 4 remake is great. I've been looking at the Portal but I don't know if my wifi is fast or stable enough. If I run the speed test on my PS5 and it's higher than a certain level that means a Portal should work, right?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I saw a Portal on a shelf like a week before Christmas and contemplated getting it but I can't shake the fear of how boned it would be if it ever got stick drift.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

I found the original Alan Wake to be borderline unplayable in 2023. The story and atmosphere were cool, but the gameplay is not fun IMO. From my understanding, it was janky as hell when it was released and it's aged even worse. Haven't played Alan Wake 2, but I haven't seen anything negative said about it.

I'm currently playing Metro : Last Light, the second of the Metro trilogy. I liked Metro 2033. You can definitely tell it's a little dated, but over all it was solid. Last Light is more of the same, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I think I bought the trilogy for like $15 or something, so pretty good bang for your buck.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB

Looking forward to seeing Stellar Blade, and if the rumours are accurate, Sonic Generations Remaster and Silent Hill 2.

Also I could have sworn Stellar Blade was going to launch on PC day one but now I see it listed as a PS5 exclusive.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Monthly Games for PS+

Foamstars
Rollerdome
Steelrising

Pumped about Rollerdome. I've heard nothing but good things about it and have wanted to give it a try, but never pulled the trigger. Perfect monthly game in that regard.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
The State of Play was alright.

Stellar Blade looks awesome and the release date is sooner that I expected. I'll definitely be playing this when it eventually hits PC or if I end up buying another PS5.

Sonic X Shadow Generations also looks great, aside from the title lol. Sonic Generations is still a great looking game today so I didn't think it needed a remaster but adding a new campaign with Shadow is a great idea and will help address one of the games only flaws, its short length.

Silent Hill 2 looked good but didn't blow me away, and the lack of a release date was disappointing.

Death Stranding 2 looks amazing graphically but I will never play it.

Judas looked fine.

Everything else I either am not interested in or have seen many times already (Dragons Dogma 2).

Reactions: AirGut

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Pumped about Rollerdome. I've heard nothing but good things about it and have wanted to give it a try, but never pulled the trigger. Perfect monthly game in that regard.

Fantastic game. The combo system is so addicting, when you finally manage to chain all the objectives/kills into one run it's super rewarding.

Last edited:
Reactions: pistolpete11

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
The State of Play was alright.

Stellar Blade looks awesome and the release date is sooner that I expected. I'll definitely be playing this when it eventually hits PC or if I end up buying another PS5.

Sonic X Shadow Generations also looks great, aside from the title lol. Sonic Generations is still a great looking game today so I didn't think it needed a remaster but adding a new campaign with Shadow is a great idea and will help address one of the games only flaws, its short length.

Silent Hill 2 looked good but didn't blow me away, and the lack of a release date was disappointing.

Death Stranding 2 looks amazing graphically but I will never play it.

Judas looked fine.

Everything else I either am not interested in or have seen many times already (Dragons Dogma 2).
really sucks the Silent Hill 2 Remake doesn't even have a release date yet, the gameplay shown looked undercooked too. Everything just looked kinda off. The rumor was it's releasing this year but after seeing that trailer I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed to 2025 at the very least.

Reactions: Mikeaveli

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I was underwhelmed.

- Stellar Blade reeks of B-tier. The art, the dialogue, the voice acting. It feels like a game that fell out of time from a universe where games like Binary Domain continued to get made. That combat better be DAMN good.

+ Rise of Ronin got a MAJOR visual downgrade from it’s previous showings. But I loved the Nioh games so Im in.

- Helldivers 2 basically showed the same action sequence over and over. I was bored by the end of a 2 minute trailer. Not interested.

+Zenless Zone Zero looks cool. Interested to see more.

+V Rising looks fun. Reviews for the PC version were pretty good.

-The Silent Hill 2 remake looked rouuuuuuuuugh. I have zero faith in Bloober team after The Medium.

+ I want Judas put straight into my veins. Yes, its more Bioshock, but its from the masters. Cannot wait.

- None of the VR games looked particularly good.

- Death Stranding 2 looks like Hideo Kojima designed the thing on acid. Im intrigued, but I loathed the bulk of the gameplay in the first game, so I want to see more before I get excited.

Last edited:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Thinking of getting a PS5 just to get into Stellar Blade, which looks pretty cool. Hopefully it'll open up my gaming world a bit, as I've been exclusively a PC gamer for about 20 years now.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I think people are excited for Rise of Ronin because they like Team Ninja's combat, not the open world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad