Social Media Septic Tank Thread

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think anyone in the front office actually saw us making the playoffs this year, so it's just a bonus if we do.

We still have 4 first rounders in the next 2 drafts, with Michov to join. Not to mention that Frost, Foerster, Brink, Attard and Farabee have all taken major strides forward this year. I still hope that Laughton is traded before the draft.
Jonesy confirmed on air that he and the rest of the front office thought playoffs were possible. That was when he also confirmed that the "rebuild" talk was marketing BS.

Attard has played 9 games, and only cause four regulars got hurt or left.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Jonesy confirmed on air that he and the rest of the front office thought playoffs were possible. That was when he also confirmed that the "rebuild" talk was marketing BS.

Attard has played 9 games, and only cause four regulars got hurt or left.
That was much later in the season. Almost at the deadline. Didn't Briere make the comment almost at the start of the season?

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I’d love to get on a rager, with personal attacks. :laugh:

We have been side stepping, and kissing each others ass for years.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I’d love to get on a rager, with personal attacks. :laugh:

We have been side stepping, and kissing each others ass for years.
giphy.gif

• Wow
Reactions: freakydallas13

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
The answer is Chara and it isn't even close. Brought them a cup and a huge sustained period of being a contender while continuing to be an absolute force of nature for years.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Can’t talk up a late round draft pick who not only made the NHL but has a 50 goal season as an underdog type of way because his parents are rich. :laugh:

Like sure it got him in the door at the lower levels that others might not get. But at the higher levels that had no relevancy & he beat long shot odds.

“If I had his parents I’d be scoring 50 goals too!”

1711491742750.jpeg

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Can’t talk up a late round draft pick who not only made the NHL but has a 50 goal season as an underdog type of way because his parents are rich. :laugh:

Like sure it got him in the door at the lower levels that others might not get. But at the higher levels that had no relevancy & he beat long shot odds.

I like how this doofus thinks he’s breaking the Watergate scandal. It’s pretty widely known Hyman’s dad is wealthy and bought the junior team he played on.

I’m curious to why Hyman is this guy’s Nepo Moby Dick. Hockey is a generally well-to-do sport. Surely, this logic applies to every single legacy NHLer too, no? But how many sons of star players flop at lower levels, perhaps even while throwing wheelchairs down stairs? The vast majority. Minus the wheelchairs.

Hyman is one of the greasiest hardest working players in the league. You can find stories of him being like this even as a kid. You simply don’t achieve what he’s achieved without monstrous inner drive (and ability). It’s loser energy arguing, “Axcshually he’s just lucky!”

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
"... our media industry has to do a better job of telling truthful stories... and listen, Wayne Simmonds had multiple 30 goal seasons... fantastic accomplishment, incredible... hard worker and all that... yeah, great, except you're missing the part of the story where Wayne Simmonds grew up to be 6 feet and 2 inches..."

I’m curious to why Hyman is this guy’s Nepo Moby Dick. Hockey is a generally well-to-do sport. Surely, this logic applies to every single legacy NHLer too, no? But how many sons of star players flop at lower levels, perhaps even while throwing wheelchairs down stairs? The vast majority. Minus the wheelchairs.
Montreal fan

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What point is he trying to make?

Hyman recently scored 50 goals so people have been writing articles which typically hockey as well as sports would writes articles around with a tone of being an underdog because he’s unlikely guy to do so.

Hyman’s family/dad is really rich & bought a team for Hyman to play for at the youth levels. So it struck a nerve with this guy that they’re writing articles about him in this tone because of his upbringing.

There’s a valid general point that hockey is too expensive & should be more accessible to everybody but you don’t have to tear down Hyman to make that point. He’s not the only rich player to play in the NHL. The reality is on the lower end of things hockey players probably come from the middle class opposed to the poor the poverty levels. So there’s a lot of kids that grew up rich in the sport & a lot who haven’t achieved what Hyman has.

In regards to Hyman’s path in hockey at the higher levels where this stuff generally gets leveled out & the cream generally rises to the top. Hyman was a fifth round pick in 2010 by Florida. He went to Michigan & didn’t do anything of note his first three years there before exploding his last year as a senior & very likely earning an NHL contract he likely was going to get before that season. He signed with Toronto as a free agent played in the AHL did well there. He got called up to the NHL did well & ultimately stuck since then where he’s played on lines primarily with arguably the two best players in the league in Auston Matthews & now Connor McDavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00