OT: Sochi 2014 Olympics - Hockey Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
watching the game now, Lundquist let in a terrible goal, but with the way he's played all Olympics, he could be excused for a few of those.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
watching the game now, Lundquist let in a terrible goal, but with the way he's played all Olympics, he could be excused for a few of those.

6 GAA in 5 games, and I just saw a post saying he's second all-time in wins at the Olympics behind Tretiak.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
It's obvious the bigger ice gives him a lot better view of the net.

I love the bigger ice and wish the NHL would go to a larger ice surface but that will never happen.
I'm pretty sure there is actually more room in the offensive zone on NHL ice than International Ice.

Most of the extra length is between the blue lines.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
International ice is wider though.

Also I wonder if these Olympics will influence award voting in the NHL this year. If so Karlsson could make a late season surge for the Norris again.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Also I wonder if these Olympics will influence award voting in the NHL this year. If so Karlsson could make a late season surge for the Norris again.
this is my guess. certainly undeserved but he would have gotten some votes from the genius voters with or without a good olympic, but certainly with a good olympic.

needs some work until i'm fully confident with EK on the ice all the time, and i'll wait till next season for that.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Norris is voted on by journalists

Once I found that out, that people like Brooks and Garrioch and Kypreos, decide who the best Dman is the Norris became worthless

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Karlsson looked good again. Played slightly more conservative than usual, and found a way to make a difference on the pp. Can't wait for Canada U.S now!

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Was surprised how little Karlsson was used today. He's led the team in icetime every other game, but only had 15 minutes today and was playing a really safe game instead of his usual style. I guess that's just a result of Sweden deciding to shut it down and play safe when they had the lead

WhiteLight*

This is going to be interesting. Need that A+++ game to have a chance, of this is going to be ugly.

I disagree. Canada's been great defensively despite playing a C+ game. There's no blowout coming either way if the trend continues

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I dunno. I don't see this "back and forth" stuff. The US is getting some counter strikes but Canada has been dominating possession and has had the best chances. They are clearly the better team. If Canada loses this it will be disappointing.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Kunit has been awful. Crosby has been all over the place this game I'm convinced he will score today.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Looks like the typical Ottawa-Toronto game to me. Get all the great opportunities and lose when no one bothers to cover Kessel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad