Speculation: Snow, Weight to Remain With the Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
still waiting for larry brooks or someone in canada news to write a report about how Wang must of put a clause in where snow gets a bonus if fired...plus his pay. Nobody in the world has that kind of bonus....unless you work for charles wang and he loves you....ask yashin dipietro...

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
SNY reporting (based on a report from Newsday) that Snow and Weight will be retained.

For Christ’s sake at least fire Weight; the team was an abomination in their own zone, like record breaking bad. These guys are cowards, reeks of Cronyism.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Would you categorize Snow’s tenure as a success?
He operated fairly well early on with the restricted budget he was given. This has been close to a max cap team for long enough that squeaking into the playoffs should not be viewed as an accomplishment.
Ledecky and Malkin are accomplished businessmen. You think they are going to allow a guy with a resume of success like Snow run the development of Belmont? Or do you think the person running that will actually know what he’s doing, and have done it before? And done it successfully?

as I always say I give him a pass based on the situation the Islanders are in where I am guessing alot of the top players in the league are not interested in playing, and you have to overpay for middle of the road players in order to appease the fan base, and I always say I am willing to bet if JT is going to leave than Snow is going to leave, however I am guessing that "Snow Must Go" movement if anything emboldened Snow and Ledecky to probably keep him around at least another year

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
as I always say I give him a pass based on the situation the Islanders are in where I am guessing alot of the top players in the league are not interested in playing, and you have to overpay for middle of the road players in order to appease the fan base, and I always say I am willing to bet if JT is going to leave than Snow is going to leave, however I am guessing that "Snow Must Go" movement if anything emboldened Snow and Ledecky to probably keep him around at least another year

So your theory is the owners are keeping Snow around to spite the fans? That actually makes sense.....this is Islander land. Something like that only happens in the movie Major League and here.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Hopefully Seattle where new ownership will give two ****s about running the team and not an arena that nobody will attend three months in.

no one is going to attend this new arena because Long Island is an awful market for a Major Professional sports team, but that is besides the point
and you say this now sarcastically, but in a few years if this Belmont thing really goes up in the air for whatever reason and it is looking like moving the team is the best option, I am assuring you are going to regret your words.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
SNY reporting (based on a report from Newsday) that Snow and Weight will be retained.

For Christ’s sake at least fire Weight; the team was an abomination in their own zone, like record breaking bad. These guys are cowards, reeks of Cronyism.

I am done being such a fan of this team. If it weren't for (some of) the great posters here I would stop following them altogether.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
no one is going to attend this new arena because Long Island is an awful market for a Major Professional sports team, but that is besides the point
and you say this now sarcastically, but in a few years if this Belmont thing really goes up in the air for whatever reason and it is looking like moving the team is the best option, I am assuring you are going to regret your words.

Eh, I won't even be living in New York in five years. Honestly? I don't care at all. I'm 20 and I haven't seen the team win more than one playoff series. New York or Seattle I don't care. No connection whatsoever.

Reactions: Nassau Revisited

Marlo Stanfield

My Name Is My Name
Jun 11, 2011
Long Island, NY

This might be the year I quit this team altogether and just randomly check in once every few months to see what they're doing. They're definitely not getting a penny from me in terms of tickets or paraphernalia. No reason to keep supporting something that doesn't change for better and seems content being mediocre and stagnant.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013

You address one aspect of roster building, free agency.
Explain his draft record, and trade, or lack of trade record
Snow has made some good trades, one avenue to acquire players. I also think he has misread the market(Vanek for one) and been left holding the bag. And if JT walks away, watching what the rangers got at the deadline for far less players, will be a colossal failure.
Bottom line, good teams find a way to acquire talent, look at Pitt, they found a way to acquire and fit Kessel into their cap. Look at Chicago for the last 10 years, they’ve rebuilt there team multiple times and until this year, been a cup threat.
Rumor has it Malkin has been talking to Brisson not Snow, so not sure how much Snow has an effect on the whole Tavares free agency

End of the day, Snow is responsible for the roster, major and minor league, and for his third head coach?

Look at crappy teams
Buffalo
Edmonton
Arizona
Us
Top picks consistently, and still can’t win. Why?
It’s really not hard to figure out.

Poor management, it’s really obvious
Hockey
Football
Baseball

Starts with ownership
What’s the mandate? Win? Win what?
Championships? Be competitive, or turn a profit?
It’s really not hard to figure out if you look at any sport for the last 25 years what the objective is

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Been a Fan since 1979. Honestly I'm not sure I can continue to even care anymore. What ever happened to the talk about bringing in a Team President? Was that just another lie to pacify the fanbase and or players?
Following this team is like beating your head against a brick wall and expecting a different outcome after every blow to the skull.
I wish we were mediocre, 1 playoff series win since forever...
If Snow and Weight are retained and I think it's the straw that breaks my back.
I just can't do it anymore...

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hopefully Seattle where new ownership will give two ****s about running the team and not an arena that nobody will attend three months in.
I'll give you at least 600 million reasons the team has absolutely no chance in hell of ending up in Seattle.

Patiohimself

Apr 8, 2018
What's absolutely infuriating is that we had McPhee and should have brought Gallant on board. Now together they are the best team in the west with a roster that is less talented than ours.

Lets wait for the announcement though, there really is no way that Garth can remain GM. L&M cannot be this blind.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
The penalty Wang may have installed is snow is fired may be as high as 20 to 30 million. Snow himself probably hopes he is fired. If its higher then 30 million even ledecky cant afford that.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Hate to say it, but I told you guys to save your money on the billboards, nobody in power gives a shit. These owners are not hockey savvy, they aren’t the Ranger’s owners who fire a coach for missing the playoffs ONCE (rightfully so).

Unfortunately, it’s now becoming obvious why Ledecky was a failure already as an NHL owner (was part owner of the Capitals late 1990s early 2000s). He just has no clue OR conviction as to how to run a hockey team. He talks big but never backs it up. Where is the accountability he spoke of after the 2015-16 season ?

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
This might be the year I quit this team altogether and just randomly check in once every few months to see what they're doing. They're definitely not getting a penny from me in terms of tickets or paraphernalia. No reason to keep supporting something that doesn't change for better and seems content being mediocre and stagnant.

Completely agreed.

Assuming the inevitable comes to fruition, these f***ers are going to lose a significant % of the loyal fanbase. Casuals are too ignorant to know or care.

BTW, glad to see the fan uprising. These guys are going to get a shitstorm coming their way. Would much prefer they did the correct thing with a regime change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marlo Stanfield

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
i echo the sentiment of many die hard isles fans.....im done if snow is not fired tomorrow--what does it take to warrant bettman shadily stepping in and forcing the removal of our backup goalie?

Reactions: periferal

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
If this is in fact true, which all reports appear to indicate is the case, there really may no longer be any hope for this franchise. If Snow is not fired this year, there is no chance he will be fired in the foreseeable future. Ledecky in all likelihood will make a fool out of himself tomorrow. I dont think he even understands what he is doing to the franchise. This team will have no fanbase left. We can not allow this lack of accountability to continue. 12 years of failure, what will it take for them to see what Garth Snow is? I might have to boycott at this point, I just do not see any other way. It is sad and it hurts that the people who run my favorite sports team have put me in the position where I might skip the home opener (and more) for the first time in more than 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad