Speculation: Snow, Weight to Remain With the Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Small chance Weight gets demoted so they can get a proper coach and they punt Garth into another spot at the org so they can get a proper GM. Small chance, see you here when it doesn’t happen.

Reactions: IODCPiper

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Small chance Weight gets demoted so they can get a proper coach and they punt Garth into another spot at the org so they can get a proper GM. Small chance, see you here when it doesn’t happen.
I'm hoping something else is going on as well. The whole thing seems odd. Have we seen a team announce that an owner, GM and coach publicly speaking after a season ends in a coordinated manner like this (ie., not just interviews spread out over some days)? It leaves me with some hope that something else is going on.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
I'm hoping something else is going on as well. The whole thing seems odd. Have we seen a team announce that an owner, GM and coach publicly speaking after a season ends in a coordinated manner like this (ie., not just interviews spread out over some days)? It leaves me with some hope that something else is going on.

If Snow and Weight are "promoted" the cancer is still with team just in different organs

Reactions: Surfrat and 12Dog

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
We’ll see what happens, but by the looks of it they are going to lose a big chunk of the core fan base. Guess what, that’s millions of potential dollars. Dumb, fraudulent owners.

These guys have some formal education and common sense, you’d think they would listen to their customers bc they are about to alienate what’s remaining of the core fan base.

I’ve been harassed over the past 3 weeks by NYI sales reps. The next time they call I’ll say, listen, you want me to talk tickets, put Ledecky and Malkin on the phone.

Reactions: 1JB2 and nyisles

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
What an awful fanbase, already ripping on Ledecky who is like a savior to Isles fans, I am guessing these "fans" are really hoping to see the team in Quebec which is the next step if this Belmont thing is going to go through

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
What an awful fanbase, already ripping in Ledecky who is like a savior to Isles fans, I am guessing these "fans" are really hoping to see the team in Quebec which is the next step if this Belmont thing is going to go through

How is he a savior? He got himself a real estate deal. Nice troll attempt

Reactions: nycole and Columbia

Columbia

Dec 23, 2017
What an awful fanbase, already ripping on Ledecky who is like a savior to Isles fans, I am guessing these "fans" are really hoping to see the team in Quebec which is the next step if this Belmont thing is going to go through
I would rather see this team in Quebec than in LI and being run like a bunch of monkeys. New arena be damned if we won't ever win anything or operate as a normal franchise.

The only one who has this wrong is you. There is no reason why I should support Ledecky.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island

Does it really matter?

Option 1: Team stays and just wins a playoff round every 20+ years and everyone is miserable.
Option 2: Team leaves and everyone is miserable.

At the end, it's all miserable.

Also when you say "saved the franchise from leaving" this is a revolving door due to the last owner. It's a ongoing saga. Our owners over the last 25 years have all "saved us" and where exactly has it gotten us?

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Yeah! How dare these fans get angry at the thought that ownership is going to endorse keeping the status quo that has been so successful around here.

Shut your mouths and be glad you have a team at all to root for.

Bood my dude, you missed the point again:shakehead

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yeah! How dare these fans get angry at the thought that ownership is going to endorse keeping the status quo that has been so successful around here.

Shut your mouths and be glad you have a team at all to root for.

Bood my dude, you missed the point again:shakehead

Are you sure he's even trying to see the point? There comes a point when someone consistently posts a certain way that it's clear they've got an agenda.

(Either that or we've figured out what username Garth Snow uses on here).

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Are you sure he's even trying to see the point? There comes a point when someone consistently posts a certain way that it's clear they've got an agenda.

(Either that or we've figured out what username Garth Snow uses on here).
Or he’s obtuse.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

I would rather the team play in Siberia and be a winner then watch this. Absolutely no questions asked.

Reactions: periferal

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Been a fan since '71
They keep this mess here, as soon as Seattle is awarded a franchise i am gone....till then Go Vegas!!!!

scott99

May 13, 2005
I honestly almost cried tears of joy when L&M bought the team from Wang. Who knew that they would be just as bad. They fooled us all.

I’ve been an Isle’s fan for 43 years, I bleed blue and orange. They are a major part of my life. I’m not rich so I’m not a season ticket holder, I go to 1 game a year, and those are Christmas tickets from a family member. I proclaimed during Wang’s reign that I would never buy another ticket and give money to ownership. That proclamation stays.

I also blame the media as well. NOBODY has the balls to ask the tough questions. Nobody has the balls to ask Ledecky about his claim that he expected progression after the 2015-16 season (they won a playoff round) or there has to be accountability. Yet the next two seasons they regress and miss the playoffs. Where’s the accountability.

I really don’t know what I’m going to do. Hockey is a passion of mine, the Isles have been a passion of mine for 43 years. But how do I continue to stay loyal to a franchise that refuses to do the right thing ? I don’t know if I can.

NewYorkIsles

Jun 30, 2012
Nassau County
I can't even prepare myself for the amount of stupidity I'm about to read tomorrow when I see the quotes from Ledecky, Snow, and Weight . I'm probably going to lose so many brain cells I'm going to have to go back to high school

Reactions: YearlyLottery
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad