Speculation: Snow, Weight to Remain With the Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
How is he a savior? He got himself a real estate deal. Nice troll attempt

so what, he is dropping hundreds of millions of dollars of his own money to give the Islander fans their own state of the arena arena on Long Island which according to Islander fans is what is needed to keep this team around (even though I am going to disagree with that )

I would rather see this team in Quebec than in LI and being run like a bunch of monkeys. New arena be damned if we won't ever win anything or operate as a normal franchise.

The only one who has this wrong is you. There is no reason why I should support Ledecky.

really? so if they are going to move the team to Quebec you are going to be ok with that?
Does it really matter?

Option 1: Team stays and just wins a playoff round every 20+ years and everyone is miserable.
Option 2: Team leaves and everyone is miserable.

At the end, it's all miserable.

Also when you say "saved the franchise from leaving" this is a revolving door due to the last owner. It's a ongoing saga. Our owners over the last 25 years have all "saved us" and where exactly has it gotten us?
it has gotten us a potential new arena which is what the "fans" have been saying is going to make this team stable
Piss off Garth

didn't the Wizard give you that Diploma that supposedly cured you of your issue?

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
so what, he is dropping hundreds of millions of dollars of his own money to give the Islander fans their own state of the arena arena on Long Island which according to Islander fans is what is needed to keep this team around (even though I am going to disagree with that )

really? so if they are going to move the team to Quebec you are going to be ok with that?

it has gotten us a potential new arena which is what the "fans" have been saying is going to make this team stable

didn't the Wizard give you that Diploma that supposedly cured you of your issue?

The team sucks who cares about the arena?

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
laughable to see Ledecky on the Isles shit-list bandwagon, 3 months ago he was the greatest owner in sports, but now because he "may" decide to keep Snow and/or Weight he is the worst owner, but yea piss off Ledecky, if this Belmont thing is on the rocks, and Tavares is not going to re-sign, I am guessing Ledecky is going to have 2nd thoughts and will be happy to dump this team to the highest bidder, and I am assuring you they are not going to keep them in NY.

Reactions: MartyC

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island

Why can't we have both may I ask? Why not a owner that cares about winning and a new arena? It seems we get the ones more concerned about real estate then winning IMHO.

It's like buying a 30 million dollar home and furnishing it from IKEA. You spend all this money to buy the team but cheap out on GM's and coaches.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
What an awful fanbase, already ripping on Ledecky who is like a savior to Isles fans, I am guessing these "fans" are really hoping to see the team in Quebec which is the next step if this Belmont thing is going to go through
So now we get to watch the team be wildly mediocre in a nice, shiny new area? A polished turd is still a turd! Being competetive is more important. If the team is content with never winning shit ever again I would not be bothered at all if they moved. They've been irrelevant since the late 80's minus their 93 run anyway

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Why can't we have both may I ask? Why not a owner that cares about winning and a new arena? It seems we get the ones more concerned about real estate then winning IMHO.

It's like buying a 30 million dollar home and furnishing it from IKEA. You spend all this money to buy the team but cheap out on GM's and coaches.

I am sure Ledecky cares about winning, but are there any stats to prove that firing Snow is going to make the team better?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
If they were going to be canned, they wouldn’t be speaking with the media tomorrow. There’s obviously a chance their roles change, but that doesn’t mean jack **** to me.

This is the most corrupt organization in NHL history.

This makes the front office and coaching staff comments about accountability laughable.

12 yrs of mediocrity from this teflon GM and the owners cannot see the need to clean house?

scott99

May 13, 2005

Perfect reply. The minute Ledecky mentions Snow and Weight are staying, tells you that this was ALL about real estate, just like Wang. Has nothing to do with on ice product. Ledecky and Malkin are no better than Wang, except they got their REAL ESTATE deal, Wang didn’t. This has nothing to do with trying to bring a Championship team back to the Island. They don’t care about that, keeping Snow and Weight speaks volumes to that fact.

Reactions: 12Dog

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
This makes the front office and coaching staff comments about accountability laughable.

12 yrs of mediocrity from this teflon GM and the owners cannot see the need to clean house?
That is wrong: half the league makes the playoffs, 12 years of mediocrity should've led to at least 6 playoff appearances not just 4.

Reactions: MattBarzal

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
That is wrong: half the league makes the playoffs, 12 years of mediocrity should've led to at least 6 playoff appearances not just 4.

Saw this on the main board a week or so ago, but the NYI have only won 3 series' since 1988. Three. They have also only qualified for the playoffs 10 times since then as well. Let that sink in for a minute. Thats 33% of the time they are making the playoffs. 2 years out of 30 where they have gotten outta the 1st round.

islesfan66

Nov 6, 2013
Im done, Im going with JT wherever he goes ill be a fan of i can't put myself through rooting for this joke of an organization. arguably the worst Gm in the history of sports and somehow his job is still safe

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
I can't stand Snow anymore. Not getting D help when they were still in a good position was inexcusable.

That said, I'll wait and hear what the owner says before I freak out.

Maybe based on conversations with the agent, it's a part of keeping JT. If one more year of Snow is a cost to get 8 of JT, I guess I can swallow the bile in my mouth for 1 more year (or less)...

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Perfect reply. The minute Ledecky mentions Snow and Weight are staying, tells you that this was ALL about real estate, just like Wang. Has nothing to do with on ice product. Ledecky and Malkin are no better than Wang, except they got their REAL ESTATE deal, Wang didn’t. This has nothing to do with trying to bring a Championship team back to the Island. They don’t care about that, keeping Snow and Weight speaks volumes to that fact.

Scott you get it. Bood it’s pretty apparent to everyone else, these guys bought the team as a means to a real estate deal. See, we are fans, we want our team to win. Ownership bought to make money on a real estate deal.
Why should we monetarily support a team who’s objective isn’t winning but making the owners money. And yes I get that sports are a business, but as often is the case, winning makes money. Not only through real estate development

bronxirish

Oct 24, 2013
I'll say it again. If Tavares and Snow are a package deal I'll drive Tavares anywhere he wants to go. If he wants Snow to stay he's a part of the problem.

Reactions: periferal

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Scott you get it. Bood it’s pretty apparent to everyone else, these guys bought the team as a means to a real estate deal. See, we are fans, we want our team to win. Ownership bought to make money on a real estate deal.
where is your proof of this, because he is not firing Snow? he is new to the team, by all accounts Ledecky is a nice guy and I am guessing it is not in his nature to Fire someone if he is seeing mediocrity right away

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
where is your proof of this, because he is not firing Snow? he is new to the team, by all accounts Ledecky is a nice guy and I am guessing it is not in his nature to Fire someone if he is seeing mediocrity right away
Ledecky is Sparky without wings. Malkin is the real owner/money.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Serious question. Would anybody ever buy the Islanders without the real estate component?

I would love it if somebody who owned the team gave as much priority to the on-ice product as they did to the real estate side, but to demonize someone as “all they care about is the real estate” is being a little naive. The real estate will always be the attraction to owning this team that has no real revenue streams otherwise. No point in being stunned, surprised, angered, or hurt about that. Ledecky and Malkin want to make money. Any owner would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad