Confirmed Trade: [SJS/NJD] Mackenzie Blackwood for 2023 6th round pick

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That's not true. Jones never made a remarkable save. Even when he was good/above average he didn't make flashy saves he made positionally sound ones.

Yeah, Macs incredible saves are a real thing but generally a result of being out of position in the first place.

A 6th is a decent return? It's basically no return.

I would have accepted no return in a heartbeat so basically no return is actually a tremendous return :D

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
I think Blackwood has talent, but the devils cannot wait around for him to show it anymore, they need goalies that can win games. I’ll be watching how he performs next season, hope he can reclaim some consistency in his play and stay in a line up.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
Blacky had so much potential but never could put it all together. I sincerely hope he does but I am glad he is gone from the Devils roster.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Devil fans celebrating getting a 6th for a guy they swore up and down would be a superstar. How unapologetic of them. Smart bunch over there....
Lmao. Love making up people to dunk on.

Look, he was pretty good at one point. Not great, but very promising for a young goalie. Many devils fans were rightfully hopeful about his future. There wasn’t some cabal of maniacs guaranteeing he was a lock to be a superstar.

But then he wasn’t good. And then he kept not being good. It happens to goalies.

So yeah now everyone is happy to see the ass end of him.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
He's still young and is an athletic goalie....When he is on his game he's good when he's off it's like he can't see the puck for nothing..For a sixth rounder well worth the gamble for San Jose maybe he stays healthy and turns his career around...

TheNeutralZone

Mar 3, 2012
New Jersey
His days of being cheap are over and one thing nobody ever mentions is the risk of him turning it around or seeming to do so.

What do you do if he has a few good/healthy years? Trust him with big term and AAV? As a goalie approaching 30?

I'm willing to allow another team to make that determination.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad