Confirmed Trade: [SJS/NJD] Mackenzie Blackwood for 2023 6th round pick

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Devil fans celebrating getting a 6th for a guy they swore up and down would be a superstar. How unapologetic of them. Smart bunch over there....

no Devils fans thought he would be a superstar since like 3-4 years ago. You guys that keep bringing this up are acting as if this is some recent revelation....weirdo behavior. He DID look quite promising for a few months early on in his career, then shit the bed. Sometimes things change.

enjoy 4th in the Metro for the forseeable future though, I guess!

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
I legit had been hoping for Blackwood to Sharks. He has shown the ability to consistently play at an NHL level. Almost feels like a Martin Jones situation where confidence was a large part of the downfall ( I don’t know the objective reasons).

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I'm actually more disappointed it wasn't Zetterlund that was traded instead of the 6th rounder. Dude is terrible.
He wasn't terrible with NJ. He needed to work on his shot accuracy and some details but he moved well, handled physical play with ease and when he was playing with confidence he created good shots. I'm sure that being sent away was a blow to him. My guess is with a full offseason to train and come back fresh he will be better. I'd say that he's a bottom six guy and should play with a play driving third line center if possible. He wouldn't be the first guy to need some adjustment. I think as a SJ fan you will likely be happy with Mukhamadullin when he finishes his apprenticeship and that is when SJ should be shedding all its older contracts and turning up again in the standings.

Reactions: MasterofGrond

Quinton Byfield

Jul 25, 2021
Surely this means they're re-signing Blackwood at a lower amount than his QO? Otherwise Sharks just gave away an asset for nothing lol
That’s what I assume too, maybe a 1 year 1.5M contract.

Or maybe he just signs that with LA or smth, up his value in a time share with a strong team.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I think the rumor is the sharks offered something less than his qualifying offer and he said he thinks he can get more on the open market.

It doesn’t make sense for the sharks to pay him more than he’s worth just because they spent a 6th round pick to get him. They took a chance by spending a late round pick to potentially get him at a reduced rate. It doesn’t seem like it planned out, oh well.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Two year deal a little under 2.5 mil aav is my best guess. With San Jose.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
If I'm Blackwood, I probably wouldn't want to sign here considering he's going to get shelled on a nightly basis in San Jose. He also hasn't been good in three seasons so maybe he feels like this is his last chance.

If he banks on himself he can still have a relatively high save percentage vs. GAA.
That should net him a solid offer down the line.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00