Confirmed Trade: [SJS/NJD] Mackenzie Blackwood for 2023 6th round pick

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Man I remember when this guy was the next big thing, I thought for sure he was gonna be a #1 goalie for his career.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Wasn't getting qualified, Devils took whatever they could get.
Glad to see SJ fans have zero expectations for him, he can probably live up to that.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
How many starting roles are there available for a guy like him? Is he even a top 30 G?
He probably won't start here either with Kahkonen here. They'd likely split the starts since neither are really starters at this stage.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
A 6th is a decent return? It's basically no return.
A-single-grain-of-rice-can-tip-the-scale.-One-man-may-be-the-difference-between-victory-and-defeat.jpg

Can't Argue with the Emperor!

Well you can but it won't end well for your head...o_O

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
A 6th is a decent return? It's basically no return.
He wasn't getting qualified that meant he was getting NJ exactly nothing. Getting any return for a player you're cutting lose in a few days is a decent return. It's not like anyone here is saying it's a great return or even good... Just decent.

Reactions: HBK27

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Mackenzie Blackwood has no value. He has less than no value. He is an active hindrance. He has been one of the worst nhl goalies for like 100 games.

If Grier had offered nothing, I would have still traded him to the sharks.

Getting a 6th is a coup.

Reactions: Rhodes 81

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Mackenzie Blackwood has no value. He has less than no value. He is an active hindrance. He has been one of the worst nhl goalies for like 100 games.

If Grier had offered nothing, I would have still traded him to the sharks.

Getting a 6th is a coup.
The worst thing about him is that he'll have 1 game every 4 or 5 where he looks like he did 3 years ago to make you think there's still something there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad