Confirmed Trade: [SJS/DET] Klim Kostin for Radim Simek and 2024 7th round pick

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
You mean the guy that was living off an unsustainable shooting percentage and still got highly sheltered in the playoffs? Woodcroft was hesitant to play him more than 6 minutes when the games mattered.

He isn’t good.
Yzerman got suckered. Who could have seen this coming? 🤔

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'm assuming Simek is heading to AHL... Please tell me that grand rapid isn't due for a big run? Wouldn't mind him back in Europe for the worlds
They should make it to at least the second round. They just had a 18 game point streak snapped. Milwaukee is a wagon in the same division though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
As a big Oiler fan.. Kostin was one of the best 9 mintue players we ever had. In those 9 minutes he'd throw a good hit, maybe punch a guy or score a great goal. The second the minutes went up.. he was a liability.

At league minimum.. I'd welcome him with open arms back to the Oil for a playoff run as an expiring UFA. The second that 2 year deal was signed, he wasn't useful to us at all. I feel bad he didn't end up on a playoff team as he has a unique skillset if used properly.... hits, punches, crazy eyes and can shoot.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
As a big Oiler fan.. Kostin was one of the best 9 mintue players we ever had. In those 9 minutes he'd throw a good hit, maybe punch a guy or score a great goal. The second the minutes went up.. he was a liability.

At league minimum.. I'd welcome him with open arms back to the Oil for a playoff run as an expiring UFA. The second that 2 year deal was signed, he wasn't useful to us at all. I feel bad he didn't end up on a playoff team as he has a unique skillset if used properly.... hits, punches, crazy eyes and can shoot.
And I assume you have a glowing review of Radek Simek?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
And I assume you have a glowing review of Radek Simek?
Not anymore. Sounds like he's cooked after many injuries. He'll be in the Extraliga next year. I could be wrong but San Jose isn't a juggernaut defensively and they sent him to the Minors a long time ago to ride out his contract.

When he was good, I really liked him though.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Not anymore. Sounds like he's cooked after many injuries. He'll be in the Extraliga next year. I could be wrong but San Jose isn't a juggernaut defensively and they sent him to the Minors a long time ago to ride out his contract.

We all liked him for what he was but he's relatively small physically and he got punished for it playing as hard as he does. He looks and plays like he's 6'2" but he's only 5'11"

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

Our defensive corps is beyond abysmal - in my opinion, we have maybe one bottom-pair defenseman and the rest top out as bench depth if not AHL quality (and perhaps middling AHL quality at that). Simek couldn't even beat those guys out.

He provides absolutely zero offense, and because he can't skate he can't play defense unless he gets lucky enough for events to happen right in front of him, because otherwise he just can't catch up to the pace of play in order to be where he needs to be.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Our defensive corps is beyond abysmal - in my opinion, we have maybe one bottom-pair defenseman and the rest top out as bench depth if not AHL quality (and perhaps middling AHL quality at that). Simek couldn't even beat those guys out.

He provides absolutely zero offense, and because he can't skate he can't play defense unless he gets lucky enough for events to happen right in front of him, because otherwise he just can't catch up to the pace of play in order to be where he needs to be.
So we agree that he is cooked and back in Extraliga?lol

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
What’s Kostin’s scouting report? Don’t know him!

- Good straight line speed, but the agility of an oil tanker.
- Will run over everyone and everything. Also a good fighter.
- Can get a sneaky quick shot away surprisingly well, but a full wind up doesn't add much. Also has decent hands from time to time.

He's a bull in a china shop. But that means his game is also as controllable as a bull in a china shop... Ask him to play with structure and you'll neuter him. I'm going way back with this one, but he's a cleaner/budget version Evgeni Artyukhin.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
They really just wanted Kostin off the books, and they have a 7th D (if needed) if they move Holl here at the end.

Reactions: Sandisfan

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Detroit had two new bottom 6ers this year that showed complete opposite reactions to their opportunities. Kostin came in and looked lost, tried to play hockey, wasn't good defensively, and brought no energy. Fischer came in and flew around, hit everything that moved, fought, dove to block shots, chipped in on offense, was responsible defensively, and was a shot of energy each shift. He's one of my new favorites. Kostin is not. See ya.

Reactions: Sandisfan

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
He regressed this year but is someone that I was hoping the Ducks would pick up... on top of that he and Comois hate each other which is a plus

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It's almost kind of a shame Kostin had that one lucky little goal scoring streak that one time. Led to an inflated contract. Where otherwise, he'd probably be a fairly useful 4th line depth player for somebody.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3