Confirmed Trade: [SJS/DET] Klim Kostin for Radim Simek and 2024 7th round pick

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Klim Kostin was the 1st round pick STL got in the Reaves for Sundqvist trade. The Pens moved back and selected Zachary Lauzon who had to retire because of head injuries.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Ok...so that explains why Czarnik is on a plane. But the rumor said Edvinsson and Beggren were also on the same plane.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
No idea who Simek is but he can’t possibly be worse than Holl or Petry… can he?
Yes, he cannot make a bottom three team.

Though getting AHL D because they might be moving something else and calling up an Edvinsson or AJo should be somewhat of a hope.

This feels like a move towards something else. I like Kostin, he struggled to establish himself and has had a real drop in play when he has played since Gudas green light hit him.

Umingmak

Oct 12, 2014
Wildeye Brewing
I hate this. The Wings have absolutely zero toughness outside of Ben Chiarot, and now we've dropped the only other guy who brought that element to the game. We're an incredibly soft team, and even though Kostin hasn't met expectations, we need that element to the game. Guys like Larkin and Debrincat take a ton of abuse, and there needs to be someone around to defend those guys.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I hate this. The Wings have absolutely zero toughness outside of Ben Chiarot, and now we've dropped the only other guy who brought that element to the game. We're an incredibly soft team, and even though Kostin hasn't met expectations, we need that element to the game. Guys like Larkin and Debrincat take a ton of abuse, and there needs to be someone around to defend those guys.
You hate that they cleared $2M from next year by moving a guy, that you fully admit, wasn't doing what he was brought in to do?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm assuming Simek is heading to AHL... Please tell me that grand rapid isn't due for a big run? Wouldn't mind him back in Europe for the worlds

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It wasn’t a few good weeks. He played 69 games for the Oilers last year and was good the entire time.
You mean the guy that was living off an unsustainable shooting percentage and still got highly sheltered in the playoffs? Woodcroft was hesitant to play him more than 6 minutes when the games mattered.

He isn’t good.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I suspect Kostin will get an opportunity with San Jose to finish but if he doesn't come alive somehow, he'll get bought out in the offseason. Not sure why Grier did this as letting Simek expire just after naming him captain of the Barracuda was better than taking on Kostin currently with the extra year.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
My memory of Kostin this year will be him on his knees hunched over in obvious pain, with Radko Gudas whispering something in his ear about running goalies.

• Haha
Reactions: SoupGuru

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Only so tough you can be from the press box

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad