Confirmed Trade: [SJS/BUF] E.Kane for D. O'Regan, 2019 cond. 1st/2nd round, 2019/2020 cond. 4th/3rd round [MOD 274]

ref88

Feb 14, 2018
Their future is fine because they have enough pieces to remain competitive for many years to come. The team is not just Joe Thornton and that's it. Try looking at their team and watching them play.
I have, that's the problem. The young guys aren't anything special.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

They don't need to be anything special to you. Your opinion is irrelevant. They play good enough as a team to win games to be a playoff competitive team.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Umm No. This is my last post in this thread.

There really is no argument to be made that your opinion is relevant on this matter but I'm glad this is the last post for you in this thread because you don't bring anything valuable to the conversation.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Depends how you define special, but they have all stepped up this year and have put the team in a playoff spot in the extremely competitive western conference. Pavelski, Burns, Vlasic, Jones have all had down years relative to their contract and expectations, and Thornton has missed almost 20 games with injury. Tierney, Meier, Hertl, Donskoi, and LaBanc have 63 goals, 83 assists and 146 points combined. Meier, Hertl, and Donskoi are amongst 3 of the top-30ish possession forwards in the NHL. Chris Tierney is the leading PK'ing forward on the #1 penalty killing team in the NHL. Joakim Ryan has been babysitter for Brent Burns in a year where Burns has seriously struggled defensively when partnered with anybody except Ryan, but has been very good with him. These guys are all 25 or younger. Then you've got Couture who is middle aged with 25 goals and 22 assists despite battling injuries. Martin Jones is also middle aged and while he isn't an elite goaliec he's pretty much proven he can take on 60+ starts and consistently put up average starter numbers at the very worst and he has never been anything but world class in the playoffs. Then you add a 26 year old Kane who already has 20 goals and 20 assists to that bunch and who is also a very good possession player and you're looking at a very solid young group of players, even if they are mostly complimentary players.

They definitely don't have a young elite #1C or #1D but they have ~20M in cap space this off-season and Doug Wilson implied in every way possible that he would be using that cap space to go after Tavares this off season.

Reactions: ref88

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
That's pretty late for an old guy like Joe to even be up, let alone wandering around San Jose International.

760105ff08af5e7eb26700ef9741e0aa

Shirtless Joe will be fine. It's unsuspecting civilians that should be worried.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrypTic

RickyHP

May 9, 2013
Bay Area, CA
supposedly doug wilson held meetings with all the shark vets asking for their essential approval of kane. they all approved, so i don't think chemistry or attitudes will be a problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00