Value of: SJ Timo Meier

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I bet he stays on an 8 year deal with an AAV in the 9-9.5M range.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Timo is good as gone. Dude isn’t gonna want to stick around on a losing team and it’s better for the Sharks rebuild to get the classic 1st++ back in return.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
8-10 million for Timo Meier? And then one has to throw multiple assets after SJ…
Leaves out every good team, I suppose.

I mean, he is clearly a very good player, but that is nuts.
In what world is this “nuts?” He’s a PPG power forward on one of the worst teams in the league.

Reactions: Sandisfan

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
In what world is this “nuts?” He’s a PPG power forward on one of the worst teams in the league.

The salary isn't outlandish. But asset ask is going to limit the suitors. A lot of teams in the mix have been good for a whole and are picking in the 20s frequently. The rebuilding teams might question adding a 8-10 m player when they're rebuilding.

Of the up and coming teams, Ottawa just made a deal for DeBrincat. Something with NJ or NYR maybe?

Reactions: Smitty426

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The salary isn't outlandish. But asset ask is going to limit the suitors. A lot of teams in the mix have been good for a whole and are picking in the 20s frequently. The rebuilding teams might question adding a 8-10 m player when they're rebuilding.

Of the up and coming teams, Ottawa just made a deal for DeBrincat. Something with NJ or NYR maybe?
I could easily see NJ, BUF, CBJ, DET, MIN, NYI, PHI, PIT, SEA, STL all giving up big packages. It’s not like we wouldn’t take back salary either.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
A couple of packages I could see from various teams.

Islanders -
Calle Odelius
Anthony Beauvilier
1st 2023 NYI
+
?

I feel Whalstrom should be appart of the deal but it feels like a good start.

Devils -
The Obvious Holtz + 1st 2023

Pens -
Pickering
1st 2023
Kapanen
+
?

Let me know what you guys think !

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
A couple of packages I could see from various teams.

Islanders -
Calle Odelius
Anthony Beauvilier
1st 2023 NYI
+
?

I feel Whalstrom should be appart of the deal but it feels like a good start.

Devils -
The Obvious Holtz + 1st 2023

Pens -
Pickering
1st 2023
Kapanen
+
?

Let me know what you guys think !
Obviously would depend on the plus but I hate the Isles and Pens bases. Isles would need to be Raty++. Pens I don’t think have the pieces for Timo. I’d want someone who could be an integral part of our future for Timo. Otherwise we should keep him.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Obviously would depend on the plus but I hate the Isles and Pens bases. Isles would need to be Raty++. Pens I don’t think have the pieces for Timo. I’d want someone who could be an integral part of our future for Timo. Otherwise we should keep him.
I'm with you at 100%, if they decide to move on from him you hope it's for an A prospect and more and not a package of B level assets.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
This isn't the boogeyman that everyone makes it out to be.

Tkachuk had a QO of 9 and he was signed and traded at 9.5 x 8 rather than be given the QO. I can't imagine Meier given a 8.5-10 x 8 contract being the end of the world long term.

QO is the worst case scenario, but even then the team can flip as a rental. Most likely the player would want to consider a long term extension over the QO.
8x10 for Meier? I thought Doug Wilson left.

Reactions: PatLaFontaineASMR

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
I mean I’d definitely agree that makes more sense for the Devils. I just don’t like the Devils secondary pieces because it would have been a pretty good plus. Maybe I’m just not the biggest fan of Foote. Sharks really need Cs though. We really don’t have any long term Cs in the org apart of Bordeleau who probably maxes out at 2C. I do love Mercer and totally understand wanting to keep him though.
Perhaps New Jersey trades Bratt at the deadline for high quality futures from a third team, acquires a really good prospect that fits San Jose's needs, and then moves Tatar (cap) and that prospect and other good pieces to acquire Meier on the same day, almost like a three way trade. Or the other way around: Sharks trade Meier for Bratt + some futures, then immediately trade Bratt to a third team for a high end prospect they really really like and other pieces. Tatar not involved.

Reactions: Gecklund

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Harris + Beck + Panthers 1st + something else, would be my ask as a Sharks fan. If the Habs were a year or two ahead in their rebuild, I'd do this from their side too, but not this year.

That's probably fair. As you said, I (from a mtl perspective) wouldn't do it either. Even though the value is probably fine.

• Haha
Reactions: Groo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad