Series Talk: Sheldon Keefe: in memoriam

Azail

Oct 11, 2017
Curious as to why. He's probably the biggest prick coach in the game today, save Torts who's already employed.
There is quite a bit of information coming out about what was happening in that dressing room. Again living here, it's much more in my face about what was happening. All my flames fans friends are livid with what he did to the team.

Don't get me wrong the coach doesn't play the game. But one example that came out was he was upset with how poor the powerplay was in Calgary. However it was reported they never actually practiced the powerplay this year under him. Just weird shit like that, that doesn't make any sense.

Beaumaris

May 21, 2015
Hard to coach when your best players disappear, but he’s been completely cowed by those soft players. He knows that he’s lower in the pecking order than Matthews and Marner, so he’s never criticized them. Can’t have a soft coach.

He’ll probably learn this lesson and coach again in the league. If Dallas Ekins can get a second job, Keefe will. Best of luck to him.
Surely the coach is (at least partially) responsible for how his
top players perform.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Let's be honest here it's not a matter of whether Keefe will be fired, the conversation should be whether he'll coach in the NHL ever again.

He's been absolutely owned by every opposing coach in every playoff series he's coached in. His inability to adapt has been a huge problem and it has wasted the window that we had with the core 4.

New coach wishlist:
*Experienced veteran
*Not a candy ass, must be able to hold players accountable
*Does not need to be best buds with the GM
*Must love bag skates
Wherever Dubas finds another gig, so will Keefe.

Also his decent ability to deal with the massive TO media will ensure he gets another gig no matter what.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Wherever Dubas finds another gig, so will Keefe.

Also his decent ability to deal with the massive TO media will ensure he gets another gig no matter what.
I don't think Keefe needs KD to get another gig. The success that stuck to Wilson and McLellan after they left the Sharks will tempt some club. Dave Hakstol looks like a genius right now but nobody believed that in Philly except for Hextall. I don't feel Keefe was the best fit for the culture and the lineup he was handed but he might be that somewhere else. I am not an SK fan but I could see where not all players are following him to the letter. That was a thing in Edmonton for years.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Switch it up:

Tavares Matthews Marner
Kerfoot Lafferty Nylander*
OReilly* Kampf Acciari
Bunting --------- Jarnkrok
*-faceoffs

Rielly Schenn
Brodie Holl
McCabe Lily
Gio