Confirmed with Link: Sharks vs. Kings - February 21st - Levi's Stadium

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
How about they bring the 1991 Jerseys back?

Like this one -
San-Jose-Sharks-Teal-Jersey-1991-1998.jpg

Or go with this look -
Sharks-WC2.png

They'll probably make us wear those gross Stadium Series jerseys. :shakehead

SJGoalie32

Apr 7, 2007
TealTown, USA
Why are the greens right on the field $150 compared to the reds at $350 right above it?

Will you not be able to see from those seats?

Probably not.

Remember, that far down in the lower bowl, you're going to have to look over the boards. Except that instead of pressed up against the glass so that you can see the ice, you're going to be 100+ feet from the boards. That's going to make it near impossible to see the puck any time it is along the near side boards, or even any time it's on that half of the rink. And that's just if you get a seat outside the neutral zone. If you end up sitting center ice, your seats are also going to be stuck behind the benches where all the players and coaches are standing in front of your line of sight. Add in the TV camera trucks and other photographic personnel lining the foreground.....you aren't going to see half of the playing surface if that.

You'd still be closer than most other folks, and you'd have an up close look at the pageantry and other things going on at field level, but you aren't going to be seeing much of the puck.

Here's a photo of the rink setup for the Winter Classic at Heinz Field a few years back.

Heinz-Field-1-of-6.jpg

In that shot, you basically can't see any of the ice closer than the faceoff dots. That's about 1/3 of the rink. And the photographer is clearly standing. Now imagine SITTING in one of those seats that's actually in the 1st 20 rows of that picture. The lower you go, the less ice you see.

If you just want to be relatively close to the action and don't care about whether or not you can see the puck for roughly 1/3-1/2 or more of the game, you can sit field level for $85-$150. If you want to actually see the puck for most of the game at a distance only slightly further than the farthest nosebleed seats at the Shark Tank, pay $350.

Though, based on what I read from other teams' stadium events, the upper deck is probably your best value. You'll still be 2-3 times further away from the ice than the farthest seats at the Shark Tank, but you'll be able to see most of everything.

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com
Sooo...any season ticket holders want to buy me and some buddies a bunch of tickets? Or give me a code? :laugh:

It sounds like GP tickets won't go on sale for a long time, does that mean they're reserving a big chunk for the public and season ticket holders might miss out on the presale if they don't order right away?

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Based on this seating chart, the Sharks attack side is 224-231, correct?

I'm curious about this as well. My seats at the Tank are behind the bench, and this would be correct if they copy the bench arrangement. The end zone labels make me unsure though. Don't the end zones typically signify the defensive end?

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I'm curious about this as well. My seats at the Tank are behind the bench, and this would be correct if they copy the bench arrangement. The end zone labels make me unsure though. Don't the end zones typically signify the defensive end?

Unless we get confirmation from someone I'm gonna go by the benches over graphics and hope for the best.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Unless we get confirmation from someone I'm gonna go by the benches over graphics and hope for the best.

Agreed. I also just realized it doesn't matter all that much since they switch ends half way through the 3rd anyway.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Based on this seating chart, the Sharks attack side is 224-231, correct?

Maybe. But I think that nominally the team name is the 1st/3rd they protect.

But this is outside. There will be a coin toss for teams to choose sides for the first period, and they'll be swapping midway through the 3rd.

Arrch

Apr 11, 2011
Well if any season ticker holder has any spares, PM me. I'm looking to pick up two in the club level. I could also kick in a little for your tickets.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I would love to go, but I can't afford it. Oh well. At least I got to experience a playoff game (game 2) for the first time and I think it will look a lot better on TV.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
[nhl]629139[/nhl]

In case of inclement weather, date could change to 2/22 (Sunday) or even move back to SAP Center.

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
From everything I've read about the other outdoor games it's very hard to see the game from the lower seats due to the boards and you're still far away. I'm definitely going for the $200's

Yep.

Buddy and I got a sharkpak today so he can grab presale tickets on Friday - we're doing the $200 seats.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'll watch the game getting nice and faded.... with the mute button on and the music on.

We all already know what happened, and we'll hear about it every time these two teams play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad