Sharks Roster Discussion Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Really hope neither the flames or isles get duchene out of this hamonic deal.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Isles getting the extra currency to build a package

Or the flames building a package around hamonic.

Probably unlikely but just getting a couple of picks for hamonic is kind id meh.

Oh, gotcha. I doubt the Flames turn around and trade Hamonic but I could see the Isles using some of these picks for Duchene.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Doug should do something and not sitting and doing nothing. Our division is going stronger and stronger and either DW should improve our team. Or if he wants to rebuild trade Pavs and other older players.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Doug should do something and not sitting and doing nothing. Our division is going stronger and stronger and either DW should improve our team. Or if he wants to rebuild trade Pavs and other older players.

He does not need to do everything today. But yeah, if he stands pat through today till the start of the season, then I will be disappointed.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
He does not need to do everything today. But yeah, if he stands pat through today till the start of the season, then I will be disappointed.

Yeah. I agree that he doesn't need to do everything today but if he hasn't done anything by July 2nd and lets Thornton and Marleau walk I am very disappointed. He should do at least something or our next season will be like 2014-2015 season.

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I'm bored so I started playing the what-if speculation game.

Assuming...

• Jumbo/Patty are waiting on DW to make a move to strengthen the teams chances for another run at the cup
  • Jumbo/Patty signing team-friendlier deals to make the numbers work
  • Kovalchuk wanting to come here, but wanting a familiar face

and finally...

• Radulov signing here in UFA.

So DW is doing much because he has to wait until he can negotiate/get confirmation from Radulov to then pull the trigger on the remaining part of the deal with NJ (similar to the multi-stage trade with Toronto two seasons ago). Once the numbers are set, Jumbo and Patty sign their deals to fit it all under the cap.

Kovalchuk - Couture - Radulov
Marleau- Jumbo- Pavs
Donskoi - Hertl - Meier
Sorenson - Carpenter - Karlsson

Vlasic - Bruan
Martin - Burns
Dillon - Heed/Demelo

Jones
Dell

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Last edited:

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010

Assuming...

• Jumbo/Patty are waiting on DW to make a move to strengthen the teams chances for another run at the cup

and finally...

So DW is doing much because he has to wait until he can negotiate/get confirmation from Radulov to then pull the trigger on the remaining part of the deal with NJ (similar to the multi-stage trade with Toronto two seasons ago). Once the numbers are set, Jumbo and Patty sign their deals to fit it all under the cap.

Marleau- Jumbo- Pavs
Donskoi - Hertl - Meier

Vlasic - Bruan
Martin - Burns
Dillon - Heed/Demelo

Jones
Dell

. And by team friendly you mean in the 5 million range each. They likely could keep one of boedker or ward if they wanted. While fitting everyone else. The money is there too do what they want. At the very least ward is a very movable piece. Even before training camp.

Want to see kovalchuk

And one more impact forward. Trade or otherwise

Galchenyuk seems like best bet, but hertl+ for duchene would be good as well. Galchenyuk will be had for less

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com

Assuming...

and finally...

Marleau- Jumbo- Pavs
Donskoi - Hertl - Meier

Vlasic - Bruan
Martin - Burns
Dillon - Heed/Demelo

Jones
Dell

Man that team would be way over the cap. But I like the sarcasm emotes haha.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Marleau - Thornton - Pavelski - DONE POTENT
WARD - Couture - DONSKOI - DONT mess WITH IT
Boedker - Hertl - Hansen - The guys that need to work on teamwork
Meier - Tierney/carpenter - Labanc - The rookies (whats up with our 4th line it sucks)

We only want 3 good lines our 1st 2nd and 4th.. Who cares bout 3rd as long as it looks good, but isnt.

Okay so, Nabby i sgonna come back and play 1 season and win the cup. Okay, Martin Jones is a better back up goalie, than he is as a starter golie. He doesn't have the tiger in his eyes. The Deller is starter material, and they should get even starts to root for each other.

Pete should alternate them and whoever gets the shutout gets to continue playing. The sharks are the BIG HURT. WITH FIRE. Right now, what needs to happen is teamwork. Especially from the Goalie Situation. Doug needs a LEFT HANDED DEFENCEMEN and SOMEBODY TO plAY ON THAT TOP LEFT SIDE. If not it will be patrick marleau. Somebody from the penguins... or chicago. Somebody from the kings.

SHarks are gonna win 70% of the games next year. We are gonna lose our first 2 games to start the season and win our next 4. Hows that? HUH are ya happy. Lets get some positive vibes here. Sharks are also gonna coast a bit have a few injuries in the middle of the season, and tear it up in the last 2 months and only lose 3 times in the playoffs. Bang bong boom.

Whats up with the fans though? We should be selling out. The warriors sold out even before. Not enough jersey sales? Whats up? We can still go to the games even if its a bad tv deal.

Last edited:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Meier - Tierney/carpenter - Labanc - The rookies (whats up with our 4th line it sucks)

We only want 3 good lines our 1st 2nd and 4th.. Who cares bout 3rd as long as it looks good, but isnt.

Okay so, Nabby i sgonna come back and play 1 season and win the cup. Okay, Martin Jones is a better back up, than he is as a starter. He doesn't have the tiger in his eyes. The Deller is starter material, and they should get even starts to root for each other. Unless i start a Joner chant to get him our S.J. Goalie Super Sayan Mode goin.

Pete should alternate them and whoever gets the shutout gets to continue playing. The sharks are the BIG HURT. WITH FIRE. Right now, what needs to happen is teamwork. Especially from the Goalie Situation. Doug needs a LEFT HANDED DEFENCEMEN and SOMEBODY TO plAY ON THAT TOP LEFT SIDE. If not it will be patrick marleau. Somebody from the penguins... or chicago. Somebody from the kings.

SHarks are gonna win 70% of the games next year. We are gonna lose our first 2 games to start the season and win our next 4. Hows that? HUH are ya happy. Lets get some positive vibes here.

I'd flip Ward and Labanc. Ward isn't a top six player at this stage of his career. Hertl/Boedker/Hansen should definitely stick together this year. I have no idea why they were broken up late last year.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB

Okay so, Nabby i sgonna come back and play 1 season and win the cup. Okay, Martin Jones is a better back up, than he is as a starter. He doesn't have the tiger in his eyes. The Deller is starter material, and they should get even starts to root for each other. Unless i start a Joner chant to get him our S.J. Goalie Super Sayan Mode goin.

SHarks are gonna win 70% of the games next year. We are gonna lose our first 2 games to start the season and win our next 4. Hows that? HUH are ya happy. Lets get some positive vibes here.

Ward is not a top 2 line player anymore :shakehead

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
i tweeted paul gackle about martin jones being better back up, why not, hes going nothing to lose!

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Why are people saying Sakic is dumb for rejecting Hamonic and a 1st for Duchene? That's a crap return Duchene. I wouldn't take that either. I'm not trading a top line forward for a #3-4 dman and a 1st.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I dunno if he is dumb, but something has to give. Colorado is coming off a historically bad season, and have made zero changes since. If it's a rebuild, call it a rebuild. Get some young picks and prospects. If it's poor luck, move some futures to shore up the core you have.

Either way, Sakic needs to decide where exactly he is with his roster and start moving.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Why are people saying Sakic is dumb for rejecting Hamonic and a 1st for Duchene? That's a crap return Duchene. I wouldn't take that either. I'm not trading a top line forward for a #3-4 dman and a 1st.

Most of the posts I've read have called him dumb for publicly wanting to move Duchene then sitting on it. First, you don't announce that as GM. It can do nothing but hurt you, in terms of leverage, PR, and with the player involved (and other players who like him or just wouldn't want to be treated that way).

Second, once you've announced it, move him or loudly backtrack and shut it down. It sounds like Avs' fans are guessing that he got a good offer from Ottawa but rejected it last season, thinking he could do better. But he's only done worse and now he wants an offer like he got from Ottawa, is too stubborn to take anything less, and is too stubborn/proud to back down. That's just compounding the problems you created by going public.

The market is what it is. You can't change it bc you don't like it. He may not like the offers and they may not be good for the Avs but when you've had a player on the market for months (much less how long Duchene has been publicly on the market and who knows how long before that), you've gotten market offers. Don't whine about it. Either take one of them or wait for the market to change and hope that it changes in your favor instead of getting worse.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
I dunno if he is dumb, but something has to give. Colorado is coming off a historically bad season, and have made zero changes since. If it's a rebuild, call it a rebuild. Get some young picks and prospects. If it's poor luck, move some futures to shore up the core you have.

Either way, Sakic needs to decide where exactly he is with his roster and start moving.

Too bad for Duchene really. Sakic doesn't have to squat until he has an offer he can't refuse.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Most of the posts I've read have called him dumb for publicly wanting to move Duchene then sitting on it. First, you don't announce that as GM. It can do nothing but hurt you, in terms of leverage, PR, and with the player involved (and other players who like him or just wouldn't want to be treated that way).

Second, once you've announced it, move him or loudly backtrack and shut it down. It sounds like Avs' fans are guessing that he got a good offer from Ottawa but rejected it last season, thinking he could do better. But he's only done worse and now he wants an offer like he got from Ottawa, is too stubborn to take anything less, and is too stubborn/proud to back down. That's just compounding the problems you created by going public.

The market is what it is. You can't change it bc you don't like it. He may not like the offers and they may not be good for the Avs but when you've had a player on the market for months (much less how long Duchene has been publicly on the market and who knows how long before that), you've gotten market offers. Don't whine about it. Either take one of them or wait for the market to change and hope that it changes in your favor instead of getting worse.

People are definitely criticizing him for his handling of the situation, but people are also reacting to Duchene's agents frustration with the situation. Then rumors came out that the Islanders offered Hamonic and a 1st and Toronto offered JVR and a 1st. Somehow people being upset at Sakic for saying he wanted to move a player but not doing it because the offers suck doesn't seem like a good reason to jump all over him.

Idk. That would be bad return.

If I was moving Duchene to the Islanders Hamonic cannot or could not be the centerpiece. Hamonic reminds me of Brendan Dillon, but he just plays top pairing minutes. If I were Sakic I'd be asking for Pulock, Barzal, and a 1st. Or De Haan, Barzal and a later pick. Hamonic and a 1st is insulting for Duchene, and so is JVR and a 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad