Sharks Roster Discussion Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Ditto.

And honestly, hard to blame either side for walking away.

I agree. If Jumbo and Patty leave, I wish them the best. I don't expect them to leave money on the table or pass up a better chance at the Cup.

I don't blame Doug either. We aren't in a position to contend with them making top dollar and, bc we don't have a lot of ELCs (compared to some teams), we can't eat much cap or term.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
If Patty and Jumbo are gone might as well hire new scouts and focus on next years draft.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I agree. If Jumbo and Patty leave, I wish them the best. I don't expect them to leave money on the table or pass up a better chance at the Cup.

I don't blame Doug either. We aren't in a position to contend with them making top dollar and, bc we don't have a lot of ELCs (compared to some teams), we can't eat much cap or term.

I disagree that they aren't in a position to contend with them making even what they were making on these expiring contracts. They absolutely can and should since they don't have better options. A rebuild with what they have is not a good option because they're not bad enough to toil in the bottom of the league's standings and they're not good enough w/o them to do anything in the playoffs if they were lucky enough to make it.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
What's Nashville's cap like without Neal now? With Thornton or even both of them if possible, they'd be the favorites out of the West.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What's Nashville's cap like without Neal now? With Thornton or even both of them if possible, they'd be the favorites out of the West.

About 23 mil in space where they have nine forwards signed plus need to re-sign their backup which obviously isn't much but just what they'll end up doing. But they also have RFA forwards in Johansen, Watson, Gaudreau, Aberg, and Arvidsson so they'd have to clear out someone just for roster space.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

They have 22 million in cap and they have to re-sign Arvidsson and Johansen, and then fill out the roster, so they're in good shape.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
I disagree that they aren't in a position to contend with them making even what they were making on these expiring contracts. They absolutely can and should since they don't have better options. A rebuild with what they have is not a good option because they're not bad enough to toil in the bottom of the league's standings and they're not good enough w/o them to do anything in the playoffs if they were lucky enough to make it.

If Thornton bounces back, maybe. Otherwise I don't see us contending. We'd also need Burns to have a good year and some combination of Vlasic, Braun, Couture, Hertl, Pavelski, or other players to have good years.

I agree that they don't have any better obvious options right now. They're probably a bubble team, like you say.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
About 23 mil in space where they have nine forwards signed plus need to re-sign their backup which obviously isn't much but just what they'll end up doing. But they also have RFA forwards in Johansen, Watson, Gaudreau, Aberg, and Arvidsson so they'd have to clear out someone just for roster space.

Saros has another year on his deal.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Saros has another year on his deal.

They have Mazanec to re-sign as an RFA. Saros can still be sent down to the AHL to get games in next year. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that for next year. Having a 22 year old ELC goalie back up Rinne is probably not the wisest way to handle things.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Why does anyone still pay attention to the Fourth Period?

Honestly even established guys like McKenzie and Dreger have been batting terribly on trade rumors recently, I certainly wouldn't trust hacks like TFP.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
If Jumbo actually considers LA like they are reporting. Thats just brutal.

Again, those morons are complete hacks. They don't have reliable sources. If even the actual insiders can't figure anything out beforehand, dumbasses writing for The Fourth Period certainly don't have a clue.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Joe Thornton is of interest to lots of NHL teams, also the sky is blue. It's Joe ****ing Thornton. They're trying to build credibility by stating the obvious.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Sign them to one year deals and trade them at the deadline to contenders - Jagr style. We get something in return and they get a chance at actually winning something. They're delusional if they think 38 y/o players are getting 3 year deals.

Jul 10, 2010
Again, those morons are complete hacks. They don't have reliable sources. If even the actual insiders can't figure anything out beforehand, dumbasses writing for The Fourth Period certainly don't have a clue.

we dont agree on much, but TheFourthPeriod is on a level similar to Eklund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad