Gregor with an assist
Vela with a goal
Kupsky with 30 saves on 32 shots in a 2-1 loss
Ferraro with 2 assists

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Hell yeah! BC division opponent means I now get 3 actual chances to see Gregor play when the Royals come to play the Giants, instead of 0 chances before because the unbalanced WHL schedule meant Moose Jaw wasn't making a trip out here this season.

Even better, chance #1 will be this Friday.

Even even better is that Victoria is a damn good team, which means that Gregor gets a good chance to pick up points, whereas with the Warriors he was mostly playing on a 2nd line that was much worse than the team's stacked-with-over-age-guys 1st line.

Reactions: LadyStanley

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
I see Roy has been putting up some good numbers with the AHL Sharks over the last 10 games. Anyone who has watched able to confirm if he's been a lot better lately. I could see it taking someone 10-15 games (or even more) to get back in the groove after missing as many games as he did. His numbers are looking good though for a rookie d-man in the AHL at his age.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Ferraro getting high praise from World Juniors camp. I said this after the pre-season, I think he's going to be a steal in the 2nd round where we got him. His personality and work ethic are going to compliment his skills very well. I think he'll develop into a top 4 d-man, and possibly even a #2. Makar has more high end skill no doubt about it but Ferraro has the better all-around game and the work ethic.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Ferraro still on Team Canada after day 1 of cuts. Logan Stanley, 1st round pick last year, along with Dennis Cholowski, 1st rounder in 2016 draft anongst defensemen cut from the team. Pretty good sign for Ferraro.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I've seen Foote a couple of times this season and he's been kinda... okay-ish. But that might also be me simply because I've never been terribly enamored with him even before the draft last year.

I would wonder if the team might be interested in taking Makar and Ferraro together in the interests of possible pre-built chemistry.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Bobby Mac talking about Team Canada's blueline on sportscentre.

Figure that Clague, Fabbro, Bean, and Mete are basically locks.

Timmons/Makar only played 1 of 2 exhibition games, and might have inside track on the 5/6 spots. Leaving Mahura, Foote, and Ferraro battling for the #7 spot

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Hopefully this add's fuel to Ferraro's fire, and he becomes a better player because of it. He looked upset, but he can only go up from here (Crossing fingers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad