Prospect Info: Sharks prospects info/discussion thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Hard to be really excited about anyone within the franchise right now. Obviously there are some guys who will be NHLers but I feel like it's 2009-10 all over again. We stock piled draft picks for a few years and what do we have to show for it? I've been one of DW's biggest supporters but I think it's time for a change. The Norris pick really pushed me to the other side. I want a GM/Scouting staff that adapts to the new game of speed and skill, not one that forces these middle six "reliable" guys into the top rounds of the draft. At this point I'd say I'm most interested in the development of Ferraro, Chmelevski and Gambrell.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I can't find the tweet anymore (I thought it was from Bob McKenzie, but it might've just been him retweeting it) but Mario Ferraro was listed among the players who are battling for the handful of potential openings on the Team Canada blueline.

It's likely a longshot that he makes it, but interesting.

Also tonight is my first chance at some live Sharks prospect watching as Blichfeld and the Winterhawks are in Langley to play the Giants. Probably no video for tonight though. I kinda just feel like watching.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
2017-12-05 18.29.21.jpg

But some disrespect from the Giants' pr/printing department:

2017-12-05 18.32.15.jpg

:sarcasm:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
After 1 period Blichfeld and Portland trail 2-0.

The good:

Blichfeld shows some good vision and passing instincts. A couple of times he threaded nice passes through traffic to generate good opportunities. He also shows some good acceleration and shiftiness through the neutral zone and onto the attack. And a willingness to stand in front of the net and take some punishment for tips and rebounds.

The bad:

He was on the ice for both goals against. Neither was strictly his fault, though on goal #1 (shorthanded) he kinda dogged it getting back and coasted into the defensive zone. He could've skated harder and tied up the eventual scorer if he had pushed it a little more. He also doesn't have a great shot. He fired a one-timer that was laughably weak and takes long enough to load up on a wrister that it's an easy block for defenders.

I'd give him a C+ for the 1st. Let's see how he does in the 2nd period.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
2nd period over. Portland pulled to within 1, now trails 2-1

The good:

Blichfeld with an assist on the goal. Still looks shifty in the offensive zone.

The bad:

He floats and cherry-picks a lot. And he took a cheapy slashung penalty.

C period even with the assist

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Final score 5-3 Vancouver over Portland. Blichfeld had a goal in the final period on a nice move to get down to the facoff circle and snap a quick wrister past the goalie. He also had a couple of nice scoring chances. A- for that period.

Reactions: Nolan11

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Whatever, Ferraro is only there because he plays with Makar like how they invited Kunitz to the Olympics

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Yesterday
Gregor with a goal
Chekhovich with a goal and an assist
Blichfeld with a goal and an assist
Letunov with a goal and an assist

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I mean...Goldobin was a prolific junior scorer as an 18 year old...and so far he's struggled to be a contributor at the NHL level.

Top-six caliber players tend to crush the lower levels. I don't see anyone in the Sharks's system except *maybe* Gregor doing that.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I mean...Goldobin was a prolific junior scorer as an 18 year old...and so far he's struggled to be a contributor at the NHL level.

Top-six caliber players tend to crush the lower levels. I don't see anyone in the Sharks's system except *maybe* Gregor doing that.
Goldobin already passed Hansen in goals and points this season and it only took him 3 games. So he's been the more prolific scorer in that trade.

I'm very wary of Gregor, Tim Hunter ripped him last year in the playoffs for playing like a 4th liner.

Corey Pronman said that Josh Norris might be one of the forwards the US team cuts for the WJC.

Reactions: Juxtaposer

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Goldobin already passed Hansen in goals and points this season and it only took him 3 games. So he's been the more prolific scorer in that trade.

I'm very wary of Gregor, Tim Hunter ripped him last year in the playoffs for playing like a 4th liner.

Corey Pronman said that Josh Norris might be one of the forwards the US team cuts for the WJC.

Is prolific often used in a relativistc sense?

It is a 3 game sample size.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Whatever, Ferraro is only there because he plays with Makar like how they invited Kunitz to the Olympics

I assume this was sarcasm, but they actually aren't paired together. They only play the PP together, otherwise the few UMass games I've watched they've been on separate pairings.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Chemelevski with an assist
Reedy with an assist
Cukste with a goal and an assist
Letunov with a goal and 2 assists
Gambrell with a goal and 2 assists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad