Prospect Info: Sharks prospects info/discussion thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I remember both of those picks being so well liked when they were drafted. Everyone here was calling them steals and such.

I hope we find room for them, it looks like Rod is doing well.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I remember both of those picks being so well liked when they were drafted. Everyone here was calling them steals and such.

I hope we find room for them, it looks like Rod is doing well.

Vanier had one very, very big issue that needed to improve by a lot if he was going to have any chance in the pros & while his skating got a little bit better, it's a really big weakness.

With how many d-men the Sharks already have under contract going into next season the org deciding to let him go (if that's what happens) wouldn't be a bad thing.

As for Rod, he may not want to come to NA to play in the AHL.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Vanier had one very, very big issue that needed to improve by a lot if he was going to have any chance in the pros & while his skating got a little bit better, it's a really big weakness.

With how many d-men the Sharks already have under contract going into next season the org deciding to let him go (if that's what happens) wouldn't be a bad thing.

As for Rod, he may not want to come to NA to play in the AHL.

Players have had success playing a bit longer in Europe and considering our track record with players making a real scoring impact from the ahl, I'm inclined to hoping he stays there until he has a chance to crack the big club

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
London scores at 10:41. Timo aint happy. Looks like a man possessed

FFWD to 3:49. RN goal is all Timo.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
How is Adam Helewka viewed by the Sharks management? His size and seems to have some pretty high end skill. Another gem unearthed by the Sharks?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
How is Adam Helewka viewed by the Sharks management? His size and seems to have some pretty high end skill. Another gem unearthed by the Sharks?

From what I can gather, they like him quite a bit.

I'm not sure I agree with the high end skill part but they definitely like his size and play style. They had some ideas of what kind of game they want him to play in the pros and worked with him on it in his short stint in the AHL.

My guess is they see him is as a possible good, do everything 3rd liner.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
From what I can gather, they like him quite a bit.

I'm not sure I agree with the high end skill part but they definitely like his size and play style. They had some ideas of what kind of game they want him to play in the pros and worked with him on it in his short stint in the AHL.

My guess is they see him is as a possible good, do everything 3rd liner.

So a Jason Chimera/Jack Skille type player.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I've a feeling Rod won't go to NA if he's not sure to play in the NHL. Why would he leave Geneva to play in the AHL... that's nonsense.

I understand why he wouldn't want to and have said the same thing about him a couple of times but unless he makes a really big jump development wise he isn't a player/prospect that the Sharks org is going to promise immediate NHL time to.

If he wants to play in the NHL for the Sharks he'll need to prove he belongs there which means the possibility of AHL time, he's shown nothing in the NLA that says he can be an effective player in the NHL (on a good team) right now.

His current contract, though it does have an out clause, is for another two seasons right? I figured he may make a decision about his future once that's up.

On a side note - just in case anyone missed it Vanier wasn't signed.

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
I understand why he wouldn't want to and have said the same thing about him a couple of times but unless he makes a really big jump development wise he isn't a player/prospect that the Sharks org is going to promise immediate NHL time to.

If he wants to play in the NHL for the Sharks he'll need to prove he belongs there which means the possibility of AHL time, he's shown nothing in the NLA that says he can be an effective player in the NHL (on a good team) right now.

His current contract, though it does have an out clause, is for another two seasons right? I figured he may make a decision about his future once that's up.

On a side note - just in case anyone missed it Vanier wasn't signed.

Yes, 2 more years in Geneva. But I'm just not sure if he's ever gonna play in the NHL. I mean he's a nasty player in Switzerland and he's not putting up a lot of points. He played most of the season on a line with Tom Pyatt and Damien Riat who had a stellar first year in the NLA btw, and his role was to make room for them because he's struggling to score points in Geneva.. I really think McSorley is trying to develop him into a physical player more than a skilled player which is weird because he was great with the U20 offensive-wise. Both him and Timo showed some great things.

TonyAndrock

Oct 26, 2013
I compiled lists for all the AHL Western Conference teams in terms of who's under contract for next season and all the free agents. They can be found here: http://highlandparkhockey.blogspot.com/2016/06/offseason-guide-part-2-ahl-free-agents.html

Any corrections I need to make with the Barracudas' list?

San Jose Barracuda (San Jose Sharks)

Under Contract

Forwards: Rourke Chartier, Nikolay Goldobin, Barclay Goodrow, Adam Helewka, Nikita Kevpalovs, Kevin Labanc, Jonathon Martin, Timo Meier, Danny O'Reegan, Alex Schoenborn and Marcus Sorensen

Defensemen: Julius Bergman, Michael Brodzinski, Cavan Fitzgerald, Tim Heed, Patrick McNally, Mirco Mueller, Jeremy Roy and Joakim Ryan

Goaltenders: Mantas Armalis and Troy Grosenick

Impending Free Agents

NHL UFA: goaltender Aaron Dell, defensemen Mark Cundari and Karl Stollery and forwards John McCarthy and Frazer McLaren

NHL RFA: goaltender Joel Rumpel and forwards Ryan Carpenter, Christopher Crane, Jeremy Langlois and Jeremy Morin

AHL UFA: defensemen Rick Pinkston and Gus Young and forwards Vincent Arseneau, Daniel Doremus, Petter Emanuelsson, Alex Gallant, Micheal Haley, Trevor Parkes, Scott Timmins

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I compiled lists for all the AHL Western Conference teams in terms of who's under contract for next season and all the free agents. They can be found here: http://highlandparkhockey.blogspot.com/2016/06/offseason-guide-part-2-ahl-free-agents.html

Under Contract

Forwards: Rourke Chartier, Nikolay Goldobin, Barclay Goodrow, Adam Helewka, Nikita Kevpalovs, Kevin Labanc, Jonathon Martin, Timo Meier, Danny O'Reegan, Alex Schoenborn and Marcus Sorensen

Defensemen: Julius Bergman, Michael Brodzinski, Cavan Fitzgerald, Tim Heed, Patrick McNally, Mirco Mueller, Jeremy Roy and Joakim Ryan

Impending Free Agents

NHL UFA: goaltender Aaron Dell, defensemen Mark Cundari and Karl Stollery and forwards John McCarthy and Frazer McLaren

NHL RFA: goaltender Joel Rumpel and forwards Ryan Carpenter, Christopher Crane, Jeremy Langlois and Jeremy Morin

AHL UFA: defensemen Rick Pinkston and Gus Young and forwards Vincent Arseneau, Daniel Doremus, Petter Emanuelsson, Alex Gallant, Micheal Haley, Trevor Parkes, Scott Timmins

Haley and Emanuelsson were under NHL contracts. Emanuelsson signed in Sweden.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Under Contract

Impending Free Agents

Other AHL UFA: Danny Federico

Gallant is on 2-year AHL deal, exp 2017.

Also signed: G Jamie Murray

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Does anyone know when the prospect camp will be? Is it after July 1st?

Sometime in July. (Often the "teen" week)

Asked Sommer yesterday if there would be a public session. He didn't know. (This week he has a skating camp @ Sharks Ice. Then he's heading to Montana with his boat for some vacay.)

Assume that the media will have the date(s) soon as they may have a chance to interview the top draftees and other recent signees.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Does anyone know when the prospect camp will be? Is it after July 1st?

It was from like the 8th to like the 14th with the game on the 14th. The dates may be off by a day or two but that's when it has been in the past.

What happened to the prefix from the last thread? Can we get that added?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
It was from like the 8th to like the 14th with the game on the 14th. The dates may be off by a day or two but that's when it has been in the past.

What happened to the prefix from the last thread? Can we get that added?

Prospect camp last year started around July 3rd and had the scrimmage on the 9th. I'm curious to know if Sorensen will attend. I'm hoping he will since he's switching ice surfaces. And really, I just need something Sharks related to pay attention to.

Reactions: WTFetus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad