Prospect Info: Sharks prospects info/discussion thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
I know hindsight 20/20.... and I'm not talent analysis, but were there no better skilled players than Norris? It's not like San Jose was setting villages on fire with goals last year.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I know hindsight 20/20.... and I'm not talent analysis, but were there no better skilled players than Norris? It's not like San Jose was setting villages on fire with goals last year.
like every other player taken in the next 30 picks. anyways, all i know is that he's putting up a buttload of shots and winning faceoffs.

Last edited:

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008
Looks like Jeremy Roy is off to a terrible start with the Barracuda.

I actually like what I've seen from Roy. Granted, I don't follow prospects, so I have no idea what type of player people are hoping he'll be. He's been pretty good defensively. He plays a lot bigger than the 6'0, 185 that they have him listed on the roster. Offensively, he hasn't looked great, but he's not lost out there either. I'd say he's been better than average offensively. Like I said, I don't really follow prospects until I see them start playing for the AHL team now that it's here, so I have no idea how that compares to what he was/is projected to be. All in all, though, I like him.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
That’s pretty bad for a drafted prospect and pretty much death for a player with top-6 aspirations. For reference, Dylan Larkin (a late July birthday) scores 47 points in 35 games in his draft+1 year at Michigan and he’s looking like a good second liner. Norris needs to be up around a point per game if he projects as a scorer in the NHL.

Agreed. It is early and the season and he can always turn it around (and he could always be the outlier), but in general, you need to be a prolific junior/college scorer to be a top-6 level player at the NHL-level.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I agree Jux, I even said it at the rookie tournament, he doesn't seem very active in the defensive zone and wasn't much of a threat offensively. He coasts a lot and didn't appear to be all that creative. I hope he figures it out, only a freshman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Corey Pronman blurb about Norris for his most recent Athletic article.

San Jose Sharks: In the two games I saw Sharks 2017 first-round pick, Josh Norris, he wasn’t great, but people around the Michigan team told me it was an off weekend for him. The positives in his game are his hockey sense and his ability to play center well at both ends. I do have some concerns with the lack of dynamic elements in his game, but he is playing well in a tough role as a freshman and generating a lot of shots.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
They were easing him back in with his knee. He’s healthy now and Sommer said he’s been playing well and he’s gonna have a hard time taking him out of the lineup.

I was critical of him being benched so often early in the season, but they took their time with him, and now he's a regular in the lineup and has even been the point man on the #1 power play unit the last couple games.

He hasn't had a whole lot of production, but the Barracuda defense is pretty mediocre all around this season, so they may as well give him his opportunities.

Reactions: The Ice Hockey Dude

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Poor Chartier. Guy just came back after a longer recovery from a concussion and got elbowed to the head and left the game. Right before leaving the ice, he smashed his stick. I'm guessing he realized what we might find out tomorrow :(

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
McGrew with an assist
Kupsky saved 31/32 shots for the win
Letunov with an assist
Vela with a goal
Reedy with a goal and 2 assists (while playing centre)
Gambrell with an assist

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
McGrew with an assist
Kupsky saved 31/32 shots for the win
Letunov with an assist
Vela with a goal
Reedy with a goal and 2 assists (while playing centre)
Gambrell with an assist
Good to see Reedy have a big game. He only had 2 goals all year before last night. Maybe he’s starting to feel more comfortable.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Rogers Sportsnet's CHL game of the week this afternoon is Barrie @ Ottawa (Chmelevski), starting in 10-15 minutes. It appears that the NHL Network carries this for US viewers.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
No points for Norris in a 7-3 win over the U-18 NTDP team.

(To forstall “wow, you hate Norris!” posts, I was going to post about the result regardless of how many points he scored. I only know the result of this game specifically because I follow the NTDP.)

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
His troll doll is dumb and the only reason he got into college is cuz he got ahockey scholarship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad