Prospect Info: Sharks prospects info/discussion thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
He’s also playing with Borgstrom.
He seems to be doing pretty good for them as well. I haven't watched him play, I have no idea who is carrying who or if they're both pulling their own weight. Guess I'll have to go see this weekend. Glass seats are only $30 lol.

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
He’s also playing with Borgstrom.

Gambrell plays with Borgstrom only on the PP, almost exclusively. His regular linemates are Terry and Lukosevicius. Gambrell has only assisted on 2 of Borgstrom's goals (1 primary, 1 secondary). Borgstrom has not assisted on any of Gambrell's goals. Borgstrom is the superior prospect but by no means is Gambrell's value inflated by Henrik.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Gambrell plays with Borgstrom only on the PP, almost exclusively. His regular linemates are Terry and Lukosevicius. Gambrell has only assisted on 2 of Borgstrom's goals (1 primary, 1 secondary). Borgstrom has not assisted on any of Gambrell's goals. Borgstrom is the superior prospect but by no means is Gambrell's value inflated by Henrik.

That’s awesome to hear.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Thoughts on Gregor and Gambrell, do they have top 6 upside?
From the few games I've seen of Gambrell live, I'd say he will be a middle six player. He reminds me of Couture, but a better skater, more emphasis on passing, and not as good of a shot. Very good in all 3 zones, hard working, high IQ, not flashy, but effective.

Reactions: Crewouse

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Letunov is a guy I've been pulling for since he became one of our prospects. I hope he lights it up in Sj someday.

In today's league, if you are still in college your third year, you aren't likely to become an impact player. Arguably, the Sharks have a lot of AHL depth and perhaps that is why Letunov hasn't gone pro, but considering his underwhelming college numbers, I wouldn't count on it.

Reactions: SharkAttack86

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Chmelevski with an assist
Gregor with an assist
McGrew with 2 assists
Gambrell with an assist

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Does anyone watch Norris play? Is he as useless as his stats show?
I’ve watched him play twice, he’s not as involved in the play as you would hope. Doesn’t hold onto the puck much or try to make plays. It’s hard to get a read on his talent because of it. He plays in all situations though. I would think he’ll need 2-3 years with Michigan before he makes the jump.

Reactions: sjshark91

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
7 pts in 12 games ain't too bad

That’s pretty bad for a drafted prospect and pretty much death for a player with top-6 aspirations. For reference, Dylan Larkin (a late July birthday) scores 47 points in 35 games in his draft+1 year at Michigan and he’s looking like a good second liner. Norris needs to be up around a point per game if he projects as a scorer in the NHL.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
That’s pretty bad for a drafted prospect and pretty much death for a player with top-6 aspirations. For reference, Dylan Larkin (a late July birthday) scores 47 points in 35 games in his draft+1 year at Michigan and he’s looking like a good second liner. Norris needs to be up around a point per game if he projects as a scorer in the NHL.
The sharks don’t draft for that though, so he’s right in line with the third line/bottom pairing dman projections for most sharks 1st round picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad